Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melora
    Okay...this is the first time I have attempted to post an image of any kind. I am a technological idiot, so I hope it works. All of you experts out there, please let me know if I do something wrong.

Here (I hope) is a screen capture from the season 7 behind the scenes of AT with the hair extensions.

I personally thought she looked lovely with the extensions, although it was kind of a shock to see her with long hair. The extensions definitely looked more natural than any of the wigs they have used on the show IMHO.

BTW - the capture is from theamandatappingclub.net and they have other great captures and pictures there too. What a terrific site! They really did a fantastic job with the revamp.
    Thanks for the pic Melora, and don't worry you'll get used it (I still have difficulty sometimes, but not as much as I used to )
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah she does suit her hair like that but i think AT is one of these lucky women who can pull off almost any hairstyle don't ya think ?

Comment

Great! Let's keep seeing those piccies!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i couldn't make up my mind on which hair style was my all-time fave, so i picked out a few (5) from different seasons. i could have went on, but decided to not overwhelm your screens with pics.

sally

(first pic off my computer, the rest off the official amanda tapping website)
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
            Okay...this is the first time I have attempted to post an image of any kind. I am a technological idiot, so I hope it works. All of you experts out there, please let me know if I do something wrong.

Here (I hope) is a screen capture from the season 7 behind the scenes of AT with the hair extensions.

I personally thought she looked lovely with the extensions, although it was kind of a shock to see her with long hair. The extensions definitely looked more natural than any of the wigs they have used on the show IMHO.

BTW - the capture is from theamandatappingclub.net and they have other great captures and pictures there too. What a terrific site! They really did a fantastic job with the revamp.
            How much is Myrth paying you to plug the site, Melora?
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Okay Ooooober, no need to yell
              Here's one of the best hair styles of all the seasons

Spoiler:
              LOL .... OMG ...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                rda is a master! he wouldn't have gotten as far in the industry as he has if he didn't know a thing or two.

oops, sorry for the rda gushing.

sally
                Well, *I* don't mind. I wasn't a big McGyver fan but I am jckfan & so RDAfan too...

I like that RDA and AT seem to be friends and are doing charity things together like this lunch and the skiing thing this winter. They both seem very conscious of the good their postions allow them to do.

Comment

Ah, yes. Thanks, Melora! So, what was the story behind the extensions? Was there one? And how come they couldn't get something like that for New Order?

p.s. Mandy? You're paying my laundry bill.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Yes, scarimor and Skydiver, that's what I thought/remembered. All of the transcripts say 'can'; which indicates, I suppose, that they're all from the same transcriber or they all copied bad closed-captioning or something.... You'd think, however, that someone would actually READ what they've transcribed. (not that i'm not grateful for the resource!!)

Sorry I'm so slow responding to this, but I just got home from work and read it, so I popped the DVD in and read the closed captioning. My hearing is so bad that I've always got CC on. Anyway, the quote is can't so either the transcribers all got it wrong, or maybe the closed captioning was cleaned up after the initial airing. I think they do that fairly often. It used to be fun watching the X-Files with the CC on, because fairly frequently it seemed as if the CC was an earlier version of the script, with extra lines, etc.

NC

Comment

In keeping with my self-proclaimed goal of getting Sam Carter to 500 votes on the Who Should Lead poll thread (she is up to 479 now and we are this close and seeing as we have some new posters here, this is my notice for those that have not voted, and who would like to, go and vote - you just have to go to page 1 and the poll is there so you do not have to enter the fray in the thread. Only 21 votes to 500 - I know the Carter/AT fans have it in them.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                        Ah, yes. Thanks, Melora! So, what was the story behind the extensions? Was there one? And how come they couldn't get something like that for New Order?

p.s. Mandy? You're paying my laundry bill.
                        Basically, Amanda prefers longer hair for herself, and had extensions put in during the break, but they made her have them taken out for shooting and gave her a wig!

Extensions are too long term to put in for one episode, but they could have thought about the shooting schedule a bit. They might have been able to spend that wig money on a little extra hair product
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          You know, I've only been watching since August, and I know that it's just not the same since RDA left. And how could RCC not know how to use AT? How could he even say that? She's like the most amazing actress ever playing the coolest character! Oh, I think they need fan advisors or something, because sometimes they just don't get it.
                          You are totally fitting in here, L.A. Doyle! How can all of us get it and he can't?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Basically, Amanda prefers longer hair for herself, and had extensions put in during the break, but they made her have them taken out for shooting and gave her a wig!
                            Wow. That's all so very confusing to me. Yeah, shooting schedule shuffling, I'd think. I mean, damn, it was the 2nd ep, yeah? And don't they sometimes shoot eps out of airing order?

Speaking of AT's head, wasn't she wearing some kind of wig something in New Order 1 when she and T are flying to find Thor? The scene with the sandwich? Her hair looked...odd to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              You are totally fitting in here, L.A. Doyle! How can all of us get it and he can't?
                              It takes logic, intelligence and a sense of humour that we tend to get and share, unlike the other kind

Edit: Sorry DEM, but this is a "read at your own risk" thread, all liabilities and laundry bills are soley on the reader
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X