Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    It really doesn't matter how long she carried Jolinar, since Jolinar died inside of her, releasing the naquada (bad plot hole)
    That's what I think. Remember poor Kendra?--she had a goua'uld for years before Thor's Hammer saved her but "it took her years to master the power."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      That's what I think. Remember poor Kendra?--she had a goua'uld for years before Thor's Hammer saved her but "it took her years to master the power."
      Yea that's what I thought, we saw Sam use the device on Seth and the effect it had on her, so maybe she just stayed away from the items after all she was busy with other stuff, you know like saving the world and blowing up a sun
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hehehe, a random amusing little season9 ficlet http://troyswann.livejournal.com/378707.html

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Caption This:

Sam: Hmm. I wonder if this will fit next to my bike in the garage?

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
          My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
          My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
          My Stargate Videos
          It's meant to be!

Comment

Well if we're accounting for AT's maternity leave, I vote that Sam is either off doing something more interesting than running research or that she was heroically wounded in the line of duty. And of course that Cam is told that he's only *acting* SG1 leader until Sam is back.
            Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            ***Beware of of possible S10 story ideas below***

Okay there is talk about doing a ... what if or time travel episode ... If you were the writers what would you like to see?

I like the idea of the what if story ... What if JAcob and Janet are still alive. How would that change the Sg-1 we know now. Sam would not have left for the R&D job to help Cassie. She is the sole leader of SG-1. Mitchell is learning the ropes from Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and is becoming a good team member. He has never been considered for the leadership position. Jack is an ambassador for several allies included the asgard. He is also semi retired (since he hates all paperwork he declined the washington job) so he still lives in Colorado Springs. We still see him from time to time. Daniel, Teal'c, and Janet mention him often (they have been friends for years) and Sam refers to him the most since they are now dating. Hey this is my what if story...

The Ori and the wraith are now in our galaxy. They are keeping one another very busy while our favorite team works to rid the galaxy of both nemesis.
            Originally posted by Myrth
            I'd like to have seen them introduce Mitchell as a Major into a peacetime SGC and follow his wide eyed enthusiasm for the first 5 eps. We see him doing the "Isn't this just freakin cool?" thing as he gets to look around the hallowed halls of the SGC, run missions with varying teams.

We would have been all what the hell am I watching.. but the story arc could have followed the Daniel/Vala adventure, Mitchell finding his way around the SGC, Teal'c with the Jaffa... the intro of the Ori, all culminating in the reformation of SG-1 when Sam is brought back to lead it.

Then Mitchell, given he was promised something special, calls in the favour from Landry (who refers to Jack) to be on the team as 2IC. Then he can be as cock sure as he likes, but still actually be "learning from the best".

Now that would have been the "smart" show I'm used to watching and would have covered Amanda's absence without alienating most of the original audience of the show... I think anyway. It would also have given us breathing space to get to know the new characters. Spend more time on the backstory and establishing them in a familar setting.

You know they could refer back to Moebius to reset the schemozzle that was the setup in 9 and go back and do it properly.

Astrog seen stuffing ballot box for these wonderful ideas.
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 18 April 2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Here's an idea for an episode that's been rattling around in my head:

Daniel (and perhaps others such as Vala, Cam, Teal'c) is a prisoner of a nasty evil bad-guy (insert Goa'uld or other such bad guy, perhaps a new one to our known Stargate universe). Jack insists on leading the rescue mission. Said rescue mission requires the manpower of several SG teams. Jack is the field coordinator/general - but he doesn't go off and rescue Daniel all by himself. Coordinated actions by different teams at specific times is necessary. In a dramatic scene (perhaps best if not shown graphically), several of the bad guys are taken down by SG snipers. One of the bad guys taken down is the 'head bad guy' standing next to Daniel (evilly taunting and berating the shackled Jackson at the time). Daniel is stunned as the bad guys fall around him. SG team members swarm in, taking out the rest of the bad guys. Daniel's long time with SG-1 kicks in and he hits the dirt for cover as the firefight ensues around him.

Back at the SGC, the returning rescuers and rescued are seen hurriedly coming through the 'Gate. A few of the rescuers are injured, but none fatally.

And now, time for the angst:

Afterwards (maybe even the next day), in the infirmary, Daniel is laying in a bed and Carter comes to visit. Daniel is still shell-shocked by what happened (even after all he's seen over the years, he's still Daniel... and the 'military response' isn't what he generally feels warm and fuzzy about). Sam asks how he's doing. Daniel makes light of his physical injuries and then comments on watching the medical staff work on the other injured. Makes a comment about how he's grateful and all for what they did for him. And then his voice trails off and he goes on to admit that he doesn't know how 'these military guys can do it' (doesn't seem to remember for the moment that Sam's both military and not a guy)... and then he comments on how he keeps flashing on the visual image of the evil bad-guy's head being blown off (change of wording here would be necessary for the 8pm time slot)... and how he's sure that Jack was probably the shooter...

He confides in Sam because that's what Sam has always been for him - the one in their team who was both a scientist and a military officer. The one that he could go to to rant and vent about his frustrations with Jack when he applied the militaristic CO attitude too heavily for Daniel's liking (even if Daniel had to later admit that Jack had been right). Sam was a military officer who shared Daniel’s enthusiasm for science and exploration… and she was an officer who wasn’t hard or bitter yet. She didn’t shut him down when he wanted to talk about ‘why the military way had to be the right way’.

Daniel tells Sam that yes, he’s grateful for the rescue. Grateful for everyone who put their line on the life for him… But he’s not sure how he’s going to look at Jack when he can’t get the images of that guys head exploding.. and knowing that Jack pulled the trigger… There’s something about what you have to do in the heat of battle… and then there’s something different about the job of a sniper. The Black Ops side of Jack O’Neill that they rarely talk about, but that he knows is there.

Sometimes, Daniel can’t reconcile his own conceptions of what it takes to be someone of the proper psychological profile to be a sniper… with his perceptions of the man that he knows of as Jack O’Neill.

Sam is quiet while Daniel does most of the talking. Eventually he falls asleep.,. and Sam quietly leaves.

Days later and Jack, Teal’c and Cameron (and perhaps Vala) are visiting Daniel in the infirmary. Some banter is exchanged. Teal’c and the others depart, Jack lags behind… tells Daniel that it’s good to have him back- not sure how many more times he’d be able to come back from the dead and all…

Daniel screws up the courage (and to look past his own natural reactions) to thank Jack for taking the shot that took out the bad guy.

---------and here’s the twist, that I’m sure many of you have already seen coming --------

Jack looks surprised and tells Daniel that Jack wasn’t one of the snipers. There were 3 different ones actually… and it was (yup) Carter who took out the one closest to Daniel.

The mission called for 3 snipers, but there were only 2 available as they were setting things up. Carter was the next best qualified (excepting Jack, but he doesn’t point this out – he was better suited to leading and coordinating the entire mission real-time).

And so… Daniel is stunned to hear that Sam was one of the snipers.

And then he realizes what he’d said to her the other day….and realizes that she hasn’t been in since.

….

Sam in the meantime, has taken some time off. Landry OK’d it, as she hasn’t taken much time off since she’s returned to the SGC.

Where is she? Off on her motorcycle… trying to deal with her conflicting feelings. Doing her duty. Saving her friend’s life. With sighting on a man and then pulling the trigger. She hears Daniel’s words intermixed with her own.

----

and where does it go from there?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

(snipped)

uh, i didn't see that coming!

GREAT idea!!

this is just one of many sides of sam. she's a soldier; she'd be asked to do some damn distasteful things.

wonderful scenario, astro!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

----

Wow... *gazing open mouthed at screen* Sam was the sniper... and he said all that... and...

Wow... I would LOVE to see that in an ep...!!!

Afraid it might be to deep and characterized though... At the very least that needs to be made into a fic... because... yeah, brilliant potential, props to you!
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Finally posted something over at the 'Who Should Lead' thread. Most is a reiteration of what I've stated here in previous posts, but if anyone is interested, the post is here

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      Wow... *gazing open mouthed at screen* Sam was the sniper...
                      'Enemy at the Gates' with Sam :O

Comment

<snip>

Wow! Here is one blindsided reader! I didn't see that coming at all. Please, Astro, don't leave us hanging. You do have plans to turn this into a fic, don't you? Please...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Yea that's what I thought, we saw Sam use the device on Seth and the effect it had on her, so maybe she just stayed away from the items after all she was busy with other stuff, you know like saving the world and blowing up a sun
                          cant say i blame her for staying away from their technology. i would

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Bad!Sam in a good way!

scarimor

Comment

Whoa! That is incredible, astro! That so needs to be an ep, or at the very least, a fic. I really hope you choose to keep going with that one -- freaking awesome.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Well if we're accounting for AT's maternity leave, I vote that Sam is either off doing something more interesting than running research or that she was heroically wounded in the line of duty. And of course that Cam is told that he's only *acting* SG1 leader until Sam is back.
                                sam was off on Odyssey's shake down cruise and was the commander of the ship
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X