Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    A Second Lieutenant has 1 gold bar. A First Lieutenant has one silver bar. A Captain has two silver bars. A Major has a gold cluster. A Lieutenant Colonel has a silver cluster. A full Colonel has an eagle. A Brigadier General has one star and a Major General has 2 stars. A Lieutenant General has 3 stars. A General has 4 stars.

Does this help?

btw...my Dad was in the Air Force for 20 years and retired as a Master Sergeant.
    yep, and the clusters are an oak leaf. all this stuff's on thier shoulders (both) (officers in blues only).
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

So I was reading some of the comments here about Sam not getting the recognition and awards she deserves.

I tend to agree.

Here's a little remedy to the situation...Oooober!style:

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...muchbetter.jpg

What...too much?

I mean I can tone it down a hair if I've over done anything.

Just...you know...let me know.

oh, that's just PERFECT!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        I've been kind of keeping tabs on the commercials for some time, and most don't seem to target those young males they talk about.....even on Friday night, when they claim to dominate the demographic. So, someone else is obviously watching the show and has the money, or the sales dept. at Skiffy just isn't doing its job. I believe it's the former.....
        It's interesting you mention it. Here in France, I've been watching the show for several years, from the beginning in fact, and the commercials have always been aimed at teenagers and young males. Now, is it again one of those darn cultural differencies ? I believe so. Here sci-fi shows have always been believed to be for "geeky teenagers". I've yet to see a commercial aimed at the "middle aged housewife" between two shots of staff weapons and I guess I'll never see it.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Yea and that's one thing that kind of bothered me at first about S/J ship, him beeing too old for Sam. Sorry Sal
          Excuse me, I'm younger than AT and I don't think RDA is too old for me. Sorry, but I always thought that was the most lame excuse. No insult intended.

I personally was of the opinion, at least before Pete, that Sam always had a thing for older men...which would somewhat explain her interest in Jack, Narim and Jonas ( all of whom were played by actors who were at least ten to fifteen years older than AT ).
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 April 2006, 12:07 AM.

Comment

So I was reading some of the comments here about Sam not getting the recognition and awards she deserves.

I tend to agree.

Here's a little remedy to the situation...Oooober!style:

What...too much?

Oooooober, this is great, but there's something missing.

Where's her royal coat ? And where are her loyal pages Teal'c and Daniel ?
            Please do something.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
              What salad? This thread is confusing!
              fruit salad is slang for the colorful pins on the left part of sam's uni
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What...too much?

Nah dont tone it down- i think its great

sig by starlover1990

Comment

That's what everyone else here has been calling that cascade of ribbons on her chest.

I'm just a lemming here...following the crowd. What's that, you say? There's a CLIFF up ahead???

Oh. Crap.
                  ROFLOL- thank you ubersg1-fan. i've been having a bad day. threw my essay in the bin cause i thought it was rubbish and now have to start again, then the computer kept freezing and i was getting ready to smash the computer into a thousand pieces- i wish it would work properly. reading your post made me smile so thank you very much. im really happy that i have this post to come and read and take part in, you guys are great

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                    ROFLOL- thank you ubersg1-fan. i've been having a bad day. threw my essay in the bin cause i thought it was rubbish and now have to start again, then the computer kept freezing and i was getting ready to smash the computer into a thousand pieces- i wish it would work properly. reading your post made me smile so thank you very much. im really happy that i have this post to come and read and take part in, you guys are great
                    Don't worry, honey! I once decided to hit the bottle before working on my German research project (equivalent of a dissertation). I wrote 3,500 words... half the project. I was really proud of it, couldn't see any mistakes. I went to bed, woke up in the morning with a cracking hangover and discovered that my wonderful mistake free 3,500 words were in French

We all have rubbish days with essays. That's why I have Lys to write them for me. Sorry... I mean, that's why we have Samandans, to bring a smile to our faces.

James... if you're lurking, that WAS a joke. Lys does NOT write my essays for me. Honestly!!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                      Nah dont tone it down- i think its great
                      i agree. don't tone it down in the slightest.

if the show is going to continue to slight her, we'll compensate for it here

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i agree. don't tone it down in the slightest.

if the show is going to continue to slight her, we'll compensate for it here
                        And she is the Queen after all! Only fair to give her the crown.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Don't worry, honey! I once decided to hit the bottle before working on my German research project (equivalent of a dissertation). I wrote 3,500 words... half the project. I was really proud of it, couldn't see any mistakes. I went to bed, woke up in the morning with a cracking hangover and discovered that my wonderful mistake free 3,500 words were in French

We all have rubbish days with essays. That's why I have Lys to write them for me. Sorry... I mean, that's why we have Samandans, to bring a smile to our faces.

James... if you're lurking, that WAS a joke. Lys does NOT write my essays for me. Honestly!!
                          for me, thinking back to my school days, the best way to write an essay is to 'give a speech'...pretend that you're lecturing someone on that very same topic. do it a few times so that you can work out what you're gonna say. use that to get the basic topic and points down, and then write

in a lot of ways that's how i write dialogue for my fic. while i'm driving, i'll have the convo between the characters, go back and forth adn work things out, then sit down and actually write it

sigpic

Comment

And she is the Queen after all! Only fair to give her the crown.
                            absolutely!

sigpic

Comment

I swear, I don't write essays for TJ, or if I do that means I have serious sleepwalking issues or amnesia.

Comment

Here's a website that details all the Air Force decorations and awards:
                                http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0100/medals.html

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X