No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed this change too. I really like it. Sam has always been my fav character on Stargate. So smart, so talented, so pretty, so ready to kick your butt!

I haven't really thought too much about why she's changed just enjoying it. Her character/personality seems to be coming out more this season. She is less reserved but remember the pilot when she reprimands Jack with that line 'just because my reproductive organs are in the inside'? She was spunky from the start. Just my opinion.
    Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I need to find the website you get your spoilers from, Spazzy.
      The website?! Oh! It's, erm... It's in my favorites somewhere... I'll, uh, give you the link later on.... Just remind me...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        nope. its teal'c. and the fact that she's now happy and in a relationship with o'neill. and that she's more comfortable now having lead the team that was largely responsible for defeating both the goa'uld and the replicators.
        and she's happy to be back working with her friends daniel and teal'c, and even mitchell (i'd love to know about their past friendship).

she's even more relaxed around dr. lee, and around landry, her commanding officer. so its not just that she has her friend mitchell around now.

or maybe she just got a new puppy.
        yes, yes, yes on everything (except the puppy).

and if mitchell had anything to do it with, it would be because he was driving her nuts and she was getting giddy from her insanity!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          i think a lot of it is just how amanda tapping is choosing to play it this year as opposed to any conscious choice by the writers.
          *that*, really, is the truth, much more than any character growth (since sam's literally 'regressing' in what was given to her in seasons 7 and 8 and how we've not seen any 'results' from it).

i hope this changes in season 10. no more stagnation!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            yes, yes, yes on everything (except the puppy).

and if mitchell had anything to do it with, it would be because he was driving her nuts and she was getting giddy from her insanity!

sally
            you got somethin' against puppies!?!

(ex ney, on the sanitey... uh.. in-tey... you'll give people bad ideas!)

and i'm sure mitchell is part of it too. just not the only reason. although i do think he has been the cause of some tension this year. for daniel, teal'c and sam. what with the over excitement and running off and such. but he's a nice guy. funny too.

Comment

Hey I have a question. Do any of you remember the episode where Sam display's her sharp shooting skills at JAck's request to impress the local villagers? I seem to remember a moving bag and JAck asked her to shot it to make a point. Does anyone remember which episode this is?

Comment

i think they had her all profesionall with jack around. because the comic releafe came along with jacks "Carter headachs"
                Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  Hey I have a question. Do any of you remember the episode where Sam display's her sharp shooting skills at JAck's request to impress the local villagers? I seem to remember a moving bag and JAck asked her to shot it to make a point. Does anyone remember which episode this is?
                  It's 'The Warrior', episode 5:18.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    It's 'The Warrior', episode 5:18.

Wow! I have been searching for a while thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      +Landry
                      no, 's with now.

, with ....

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                        Wow! I have been searching for a while thanks!!!
                        You're welcome. I love this part of the episode. Jack obviously has great confidence in her marksmanship and is proud of her, and we get a wonderful 'I did good' smile from Sam.
                        sigpic

Comment

Landry: Welcome back Jack, I hope you enjoy SGC's first ever talent night. I just hope the IOA members enjoy it as well.

*Meanwhile back stage*

Sam: Cam are you sure you're up for this, I mean you haven't been to any of the rehearsals?

Cam: I don't need to rehearse, Daniel told me what I have to do and I might say I'm a natural.

Daniel: So is everyone ready for the big dance number?

Teal'c: Indeed *Teal'c says then tips his top hat*

*On stage Walter takes the mic*

Walter: And now with their rendition of "Singing in the Rain" I give you SG1

*All four members of SG1 come on stage wearing top hats and tails and starts their dance, they sit on the chairs when Cam takes over*

Jack: Oh My God! What is he doing!

Landry: I have no idea but I will find out.

Jack: You better!

*Landry rushes on stage and stops Cam*

Landry: What the hell do you think you're doing?!

Cam: It's my dance number Sir.

Daniel: I swear General Landry I told him we'd be TAP dancing Sir not LAP dancing.

Jack: *who had rushed up on stage, pulls Cam by the arm* Get your butt out of Carter's face!
                          Last edited by Mandysg1; 11 May 2006, 05:22 PM.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mandy, you're a genius. I can just picture Carter's face. And somehow, I can't see it being one of disgust, not after Ripple Effect!
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              You're welcome. I love this part of the episode. Jack obviously has great confidence in her marksmanship and is proud of her, and we get a wonderful 'I did good' smile from Sam.
                              Yeah me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Landry: Welcome back Jack, I hope you enjoy SGC's first ever talent night. I just the IOA members enjoy it as well.

*Meanwhile back stage*

Sam: Cam are you sure you're up for this, I mean you haven't been to any of the rehearsals?

Cam: I don't need to rehearse, Daniel told me what I have to do and I might say I'm a natural.

Daniel: So is everyone ready for the big dance number?

Teal'c: Indeed *Teal'c says then tips his top hat*

*On stage Walter takes the mic*

Walter: And now with their rendition of "Singing in the Rain" I give you SG1

*All four members of SG1 come on stage wearing top hats and tails and starts their dance, they sit on the chairs when Cam takes over*

Jack: Oh My God! What is he doing!

Landry: I have no idea but I will find out.

Jack: You better!

*Landry rushes on stage and stops Cam*

Landry: What the hell do you think you're doing?!

Cam: It's my dance number Sir.

Daniel: I swear General Landry I told him we'd be TAP dancing Sir not LAP dancing.

Jack: *who had rushed up on stage, pulls Cam by the arm* Get your butt out of Carter's face!
                                Too funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X