Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
    Love the idea, Skydiver! I'll be sure to send you a signature and a message soon.
    not me. send it to kamil

he's doing it as part of the amanda tapping website. i'm just passing it along to all the sam fans here
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Nope. The Royal Bar would be firmly locked. Except for the obligatory musical cliche drinking games.

However, I don't see why the shippers are complaining. Everyone knows that a musical ALWAYS ends with a big kiss!
      hey i'm not complaining! until now.
      yes a kiss, but between whom? teal'c and sam? teal'c and vala? teal'c and mitchell? all of the above?

btw, i quite liked crusade.
      Spoiler:

vala seemed a little more... um, normal. so i really liked that.

sam at the start getting all excited was great. and i like how she just seemed to accept vala. hopefully they'll have a nice chemistry going.

is anyone else getting really tired of hearing about cams grandma? anyone?

loved the "kawoosh" conversation. loved it.

and the teaser sequence. funniest. scene. ever!

however, RCC does seem to like to have a little more coverage than any director i've ever seen. i found the constant jumping from shot to shot a little jarring. not sure i liked it. he did have some interesting shots in it.

and i do like that he didn't exclude amanda/sam as soon as he brought in vala/CB. she proabably had more to do than any of the others in those scenes, and i like that. i hope he doesn't change this in future. (not implying that i want sam to have more to do than anyone, just that i want her to be active in the show as much as <if not more than > anyone)

Comment

i think a lot of it is just how amanda tapping is choosing to play it this year as opposed to any conscious choice by the writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Nope. The Royal Bar would be firmly locked. Except for the obligatory musical cliche drinking games.
          D'oh!

However, I don't see why the shippers are complaining. Everyone knows that a musical ALWAYS ends with a big kiss!
          Between Teal'c, Sam and Daniel, right? <3 <3

Edit: Curse you, stargate barbie!

Comment

It's Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by cajnjirl
              It's Mitchell.
              LOL. I agree! She is so much more relaxed around Mitchell than she was with Jack. It could have been because of Jack's rank or because of any feelings Sam might have had about him [and felt she couldn't express], or just because his past made him not the easiest person to relax with or any other number of reasons.

We don't know much about the friendship Sam and Cameron had in the past, but around each other now, they are friendly, easy-going and fun. Cameron teases her, she teases back... they're just so relaxed around each other. I love it!

Comment

nope. its teal'c. and the fact that she's now happy and in a relationship with o'neill. and that she's more comfortable now having lead the team that was largely responsible for defeating both the goa'uld and the replicators.
                and she's happy to be back working with her friends daniel and teal'c, and even mitchell (i'd love to know about their past friendship).

she's even more relaxed around dr. lee, and around landry, her commanding officer. so its not just that she has her friend mitchell around now.

or maybe she just got a new puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  Awww, thanks, Strix. I only wish I looked that good in front of a blackboard full of equations. Maybe if I did, my students would pay more attention. Of course if Sam were in front of a class, I'm sure that all their attention would be on her, not the equations.

NC
                  There's a web site where students can rate their professors (including on looks) --I think something like rateyourprofessor. I bet Professor Carter would get the "hot tamale" rating.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    D'oh!

Between Teal'c, Sam and Daniel, right? <3 <3

Edit: Curse you, stargate barbie!
                    not with daniel! where've you been? daniel is with landry now. he'd never cheat on him!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      I realize this isn't completely Sam Carter centric, but I also wanted to send a little Samanda shout out to our girl Strix for her recent discourse over on the "Who Should Lead SG-1" thread.

I know lots of us have participated there, and everyone's had some really intelligent things to say, but I've been so impressed the last few times I've popped in there to read at the kind of stuff Strix has been bringing up, really raised the bar on that topic in such a level-headed, thoughtful and non reactionary way. She's got the respect of BOTH sides in the argument and I'm just really so proud that she's one of the family here (can we claim her? can we? huh? huh?) lol

I'd have sent her a PM to say this, but I think she deserves a standing ovation! So I'm sending it here instead. WAY TO FREAKIN' GO STRIX!

Hugs,
                      geek
                      Hats off and salutes!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        not with daniel! where've you been? daniel is with landry now. he'd never cheat on him!
                        +Landry
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

nope. its teal'c. and the fact that she's now happy and in a relationship with o'neill. and that she's more comfortable now having lead the team that was largely responsible for defeating both the goa'uld and the replicators.
                          and she's happy to be back working with her friends daniel and teal'c, and even mitchell (i'd love to know about their past friendship).

she's even more relaxed around dr. lee, and around landry, her commanding officer. so its not just that she has her friend mitchell around now.

or maybe she just got a new puppy.

or maybe she's getting... uh, nevermind.

Comment

Re: 2010--I love AT in the scene with Joe where she tells him about the birthrate issue. Her "You knew?" conveys so much feeling.

Comment

Really? I read spoilers that
                              Spoiler:
                              Daniel's going to be leaving Landry at the beginning of Camelot. It's true. And you'll never guess who breaks them up. Carolyn. She says it weirds her out as Daniel reminds her a lot of a man she used to date long ago. But that's OK, Cameron will be there to help Landry through it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Really? I read spoilers that
                                Spoiler:
                                Daniel's going to be leaving Landry at the beginning of Camelot. It's true. And you'll never guess who breaks them up. Carolyn. She says it weirds her out as Daniel reminds her a lot of a man she used to date long ago. But that's OK, Cameron will be there to help Landry through it.
                                I need to find the website you get your spoilers from, Spazzy.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X