X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    LOL

yep.

actually, if it wasn't for her stepping in to help fill rda's shoes when he lessened his time, we may not have a s9 to talk about. as rda cut back his time, she worked harder to help fill in and support all the others
    She is such the consummate professional and this is just further indication.

She deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Not glorified or canonized but be treated with the respect she's EARNED from her many years of service on the show.

And this is my hope for her...that the people she works with respect her and that she knows that she's loved.

And on a much more shallow level, I hope we get lots of Snarky!Carter and Kickbutt!Carter as a result (and Shippy!Carter too).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      I completely agree. And you know, the ratings were very good in the second half of season 7, and really good throughout season 8. (I think the only thing that TPTB and Scifi will listen to is the ratings--not the fans).

In my very biased view, they need more Sam again in season 10 (a well written Sam of course) to boost the ratings!!
      I agree with this sentiment however the problem I see is that these particular PTB (on the show and in the suits) will NEVER, EVER admit they made mistakes (and this has been aHUGE one so even less of a chance they will admit it).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

What?

Like I was really going to let that comment...erm...FLY without doing something? Please.

And Strix you really should know better than to give out spoilers for Season 10 plots like this.

Oh, my gods, it's - it's - the Blanc Mange From Outter Space, the one that devours tennis stars - it's - Stargate's homage to Monty Python!

Where's the cake-eating O'Neill when we need him? Who knows where Daniel put the Holy Hand Grenade of Origin? Can Sam get back from Area 51 with a hyperdrive capable of flying the cupcake out of the solar system in time to save the world? Was somebody foolish enough to let Nerus order desert? Has anyone called craft services?

:wrings hands: Who will save us from this marauding, naquadah-enhanced Cupcake of Doom!?!?

My compliments to the chef, Über!
        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Me too. I would rather that she be over in Atlantis in a few episodes in most likely more compelling stories interacting with Weir, Sheppard, Caldwell and Mckay rather than being sidelined by characters in SG-1. And hopefully, when she is in SG-1 she is there with substantial things to do. You would think so, given that Daniel will be out of four episodes.
          I don't watch SGA but can someone tell me if it is getting as cheesy and cliched as SG1? If it is not them I too would prefer to see Carter there because as has been said on this forum SG1 is becoming to easy to mock these days -- it is so cheesy and cliche ridden in so many ways and mitchell is a joke a lot of the time (every week he gets into some kind of peril - it is laughable at this point).

Comment

if you have not been over to the "Who Should Lead" thread to vote stop over as Carter is down to 69.64% let's keep it 70%or better. Tell your friends at other forums too.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              I agree with this sentiment however the problem I see is that these particular PTB (on the show and in the suits) will NEVER, EVER admit they made mistakes (and this has been aHUGE one so even less of a chance they will admit it).

Yes -- both you and Strix I think are right about this. They are not going to admit what is wrong with the show, but this is the first time in four years that the ratings are actually worse in the second half. I would think that would mean something, but you're right--it won't.

The producers see SG-1 as a whole new show--a different show, like they see Atlantis as a different show, but I think therein lies the mistake. Because of this I question whether they can hold on to their large fanbase because of all the changes. And if they can only hold on to a portion of it, then they have to have another portion of the audience come from somewhere else, and that somewhere else is BB and CB fans. It may work, but the ratings aren't showing this. But to be fair, we don't know the ratings for the last five episodes.

And it could get better in season 10. Well, it could?

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                The Blue Jello corner seems to be fairly quiet I'm afraid. Sorry . I've been around, but it would seem people are having trouble of thinking up thing to post in the OT thread .

/OT about OT
                maybe it's quiet because all of you are over here?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  With some creative and fancy writing you could pull it off pretty easy imo.... oh wait... yeah...
                  Good one!
                  Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Sam/Cam leadership issue, promotions, crossovers, etc...

First, they made Cam leader because they were afraid to pitch a show that didn't have a LEADING MAN. BB is their LEADING MAN. Now, their desire to have a LEADING MAN is not going to change in season 10 or any season thereafter (if it survives past 10). Therefore, Cam will be their LEADING MAN next season, too, and they aren't about to lose face by demoting their LEADING MAN to a MAN WHO IS FOLLOWING A WOMAN. Bottom line: they need their LEADING MAN to LEAD. You can argue context all you like, but BB was hired to be the LEADING MAN in the business as well as in the show, and wishful thinking and all the logic in the world is not going to change that simple fact.

It's a harsh reality, but we also have to consider that TPTB have egos, and they have pitched and pimped Mitchell to high heaven, so no matter how much sense it does or does not make, they are not easily going to do a collective and abrupt about-face and admit they screwed up an entire season of their show by placing Cam in command. They may continue to give lip service to the co-leadership (wink-wink-nod-nod) arrangement in order to appease Sam fans. But I think the chances of them demoting Mitchell from his leadership role are about as likely as the earth being demolished by a giant flying interstellar cupcake. They will kill/maim/Tokra-fy/Ori-fy/have Mitchell kidnapped by a rabid chipmunks before they stick him directly and obviously under Sam's command, if only to save their pride.

Following this line of reasoning, if Sam gets promoted, they'll promote Mitchell, too, but I think it is much more likely they will promote Mitchell first to clarify the command issue... if they decide to clarify the command issue at all. Frankly, I hope they start writing him as a believable leader, because it kills me when they don't. It screws up the entire show.

I'd rather see Sam win a Nobel prize than get promoted at this point.

I would like to see Sam crossed-over to Atlantis. Lots of legitimate arguments against it which I won't rehash now, but I think SG-1 is dead (even if it isn't) after next season, and I'd like her character to continue on TV in a (more or less) healthy show. So, it's a purely selfish desire on my part.

Perhaps TPTB will come through and prove me wrong on my less-than- cheerful predictions. It would be so simple to promote Sam before Cam and put her clearly in command. But I'm not holding my breath. Before they could do that, too many real-life people would have to admit they made a mistake by putting him in command in the first place, and I just don't see that happening.
                  Excellent post! Tried to green you both, but I'm not allowed to give either of you any jello at this time!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Skydiver's been in a habit of being right about these things lately.

Been thinking about dinging her on GP just to make the bad news stop its inevitable course.

Is there a bittersweet smiley?
                    *wibbles*

i'm sorry

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      oh no. hades will freeze first.

their reactions to early criticism is a prime example.

the attitude coming out of bridge was pretty much 'the show is great and fantastic and super and if you can't see that then you need new glasses'

i certainly don't expect them to respond to every single criticism, that's not possible.

but attitudes lately aren't just the random whinging of a few fans, a good chunk of the fandom isn't crazy about things they've done, shippers and non-shippers alike

sigpic

Comment

for my taste? if future eps continue like the scourge was then i'll be ok with it.

mitch was tolerable and relatively competant. the joking was kept to a minmum and there were no stupid 'what does this button do' mistakes

adn sam was quietly competant and in charge. she was doing her job and being a bridge between the boys and their guests
                        i could handle more 'the scourge' type eps too (because of how sam was written as confident and leading, and amanda's power of suave leadership), but i fear with vala returning, all bets are out the window. and here we thought just dealing with mitchell scene stealing was hard, try adding in the biggest of scene stealers...

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

*wibbles*

i'm sorry

*huggles diver from sky*

It's okay. Just be right about good things for Sam and I'll consider it all good.

Got any good Sam thoughts???

Something???

Anything?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The producers see SG-1 as a whole new show--a different show, like they see Atlantis as a different show, but I think therein lies the mistake. Because of this I question whether they can hold on to their large fanbase because of all the changes. And if they can only hold on to a portion of it, then they have to have another portion of the audience come from somewhere else, and that somewhere else is BB and CB fans. It may work, but the ratings aren't showing this. But to be fair, we don't know the ratings for the last five episodes.

And it could get better in season 10. Well, it could?
                            i dont think they care about the SG fans. i think in the mind of scifi, we're just a bunch of mindless little souls that are too devoted to dare change the channel.

the only fans skiffy cares about are the farscapers they hope to attract. which is why all the promotion has been and will be VERY ben and claudia slanted. they want to make sure that every single scaper out there knows that thier two actors are on this show, and i personally think they will tweak the show (already have) to make it more paletable to the average scaper

but one thing will not change... AT will still be the leading lady of this show, no matter who they TRY to put in that role. Just like she's the leader of the show, no matter what cam thinks

and, imho, when she leaves, the show will die

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              I favour Carter on Atlantis too. I've also noticed how much more effort goes into the writing of Atlantis episodes than into SG-1 episodes recently. I suspect they will promote Atlantis as the long-runner now with SG-1 bowing out graciously after a record-breaking 10 season run (probably).

It's quite possible, of course, that AT will want to move on from Stargate all together soon. She and CJ have been on the same TV show for an unusally long time (so has MS, but he took a break). The new characters of Landry, Mitchell and Vala (and Lam perhaps) may be expected to take SG-1 further than a season 10 without any of the original main cast.
                              If she does decide to leave, I think she should come to the U. S. and remake MacMillan and Wife with RDA! Or some other great situation that would put that chemistry back on-screen regularly!

Comment

oh no. hades will freeze first.

their reactions to early criticism is a prime example.

the attitude coming out of bridge was pretty much 'the show is great and fantastic and super and if you can't see that then you need new glasses'

i certainly don't expect them to respond to every single criticism, that's not possible.

but attitudes lately aren't just the random whinging of a few fans, a good chunk of the fandom isn't crazy about things they've done, shippers and non-shippers alike
                                They change and "fix" what they want.

For instance, the whole thing about stalker Pete? Voiced from fandom and addressed in Affinity.

Do I want to believe Sam will be forefront next year? Of course. But I'll believe it only when Sky tells me it's okay to hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X