Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...erSG1/otg2.jpg

Is it just me, or does it seem like whenever they do a shot with Sam and Cameron standing next to one another that Sam looks really small? I don't think I've ever really noticed Sam being so much smaller than the other guys in the past. I mean, yeah, next to Teal'c, Sam's always looked petite. Perhaps it was due to camera angles or the fact that MS wasn't really buffed up in the earlier seasons so even though he was a few inches taller than Amanda he didn't make her look small next to him. I mean when they chatted with one another they always seemed to look nearly eye-to-eye. However, I've really been noticing how much smaller Sam appears to be in certain scenes this season.
    you bring up a very good point. i think, and i mean THINK, that this is to create that illusion of leading man syndrome. rda was clearly bigger than amanda, but ben doesn't come off that way. amanda is a taller than average woman, but the entire cast is tall, so... i'm thinking that there's some creative camera work to make mitchell appear 'taller'. but this might be all in my head. a lot of room in there, so there's more playing equipment

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      you bring up a very good point. i think, and i mean THINK, that this is to create that illusion of leading man syndrome. rda was clearly bigger than amanda, but ben doesn't come off that way. amanda is a taller than average woman, but the entire cast is tall, so... i'm thinking that there's some creative camera work to make mitchell appear 'taller'. but this might be all in my head. a lot of room in there, so there's more playing equipment

sally

Why are they making me stand in this ditch?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

To be honest, I usually end up thinking that Mitchell looks smaller than everyone. Like you said the whole cast is tall, and both CJ and MS are pretty muscular, especially CJ obviously. A good place to compare AT and BB is probably a scene where they're walking down the hall together, like in Beachhead or Ripple Effect.

Also, I think a lot of people assume Ben is shorter than he is for some reason, but he's pretty tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          maybe dani has a point. maybe cam's assassination is more the victim of

a) a writer that doesn't quite have a handle on him
          b) a director whose idea of 'good' and 'fun' is potty humor and adolescent jokes

don't get me wrong, PdL is a good guy...but he's got the mentality of a teenager over dosed on testosterone. He probably thinks american pie is the epitomy of fantastic entertainment (for the record, i hate movies that rely solely on sex and potty humor to be called entertaining)

deliberately or not, Cam is getting 'killed' by members of the crew. and given that we have a writer and director in common during two of the 'worst' occasions, it could very well be nothing 'organized' but simply a lack of abilty on behalf of a writer and director
          i've never really thought of myself as a nitpicker, but
          Spoiler:
          when we saw - or DIDN'T see - the real ramifications of sg1 being beaten for 2 days. and then see them beamed up with their injuries diminished (guess beaming heals wounds?). and then see them walk through the gate at the end with some of their injuries back (guess gate travel causes blemishes?).

these are BAD directing inconsistancies. no excuse.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            well, at is 5'11", and ben must be 6' something (going by the top pic, i'd say 6'3" ish)

yet she does look a lot shorter in OTG.

wonder if cam's wearing heels
            i think amanda's 5'8.75" and ben's 6'1".

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i think amanda's 5'8.75"
              LOL - 5'8.75"? Did ya run up to her with a ruler?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

class and more class.

there was a musical tv special once with julie andrews and carol burnett (they're very good friends). i could see amanda thrown in with those two... the dynamic trio of class!

sally
                Did I read somewhere once that Amanda Tapping really admires Carol Burnett?
                Does anyone else remember reading this? It may have been in a chat transcript or something.

Comment

if i know AT have 172 cm
                  sigpic

Comment

i've never really thought of myself as a nitpicker, but
                    Spoiler:
                    when we saw - or DIDN'T see - the real ramifications of sg1 being beaten for 2 days. and then see them beamed up with their injuries diminished (guess beaming heals wounds?). and then see them walk through the gate at the end with some of their injuries back (guess gate travel causes blemishes?).

these are BAD directing inconsistancies. no excuse.

sally
                    actually its bad continuity, and they have someone whose job it is to specifically take care of this. the director has a lot more to do than just make sure the make up is exactly as it was in another scene, that may have been shot before or may be shot after the one being shot, if that makes sense.

its up to the make up dept and the continuity people to make sure every detail is right. at least thats my understanding of it. the director has ( or at least should have) way more than just this on his mind.

keep in mind that this is the guy who made sure the fruit loops matched in WoO, by making the props guys glue them together!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      actually its bad continuity, and they have someone whose job it is to specifically take care of this. the director has a lot more to do than just make sure the make up is exactly as it was in another scene, that may have been shot before or may be shot after the one being shot, if that makes sense.

its up to the make up dept and the continuity people to make sure every detail is right. at least thats my understanding of it. the director has ( or at least should have) way more than just this on his mind.

keep in mind that this is the guy who made sure the fruit loops matched in WoO, by making the props guys glue them together!
                      Glued fruit loops ? No wonder they never reached Jack's mouth.
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                        To be honest, I usually end up thinking that Mitchell looks smaller than everyone. Like you said the whole cast is tall, and both CJ and MS are pretty muscular, especially CJ obviously. A good place to compare AT and BB is probably a scene where they're walking down the hall together, like in Beachhead or Ripple Effect.

Also, I think a lot of people assume Ben is shorter than he is for some reason, but he's pretty tall.
                        ben's the same height as ms, but ms comes off 'bigger' because of his muscles/build.

i really wouldn't be surprised if the camera work is done to purposely make mitchell come off 'larger', but it's not really fair when his co-stars are already a larger than average cast.

sally

ps - i have to get ready for work. i don't want to. i want to stay home! mommy, don't make me gooooooo! [/whine]
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          LOL - 5'8.75"? Did ya run up to her with a ruler?
                          i don't know how to type 5 feet 8 and 3/4 inches tall. (amanda said she was this height in an interview)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

ben's the same height as ms, but ms comes off 'bigger' because of his muscles/build.

i really wouldn't be surprised if the camera work is done to purposely make mitchell come off 'larger', but it's not really fair when his co-stars are already a larger than average cast.

sally

ps - i have to get ready for work. i don't want to. i want to stay home! mommy, don't make me gooooooo! [/whine]
                            Well if it was up to me Sally I'd let you have the day off
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              Did I read somewhere once that Amanda Tapping really admires Carol Burnett?
                              Does anyone else remember reading this? It may have been in a chat transcript or something.
                              oh, yes, she does!

(i'd like to know what she thought of 'noices off' and 'the four seasons', both with carol burnett?)

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

i don't have a problem with seeing sam like this, because it's never been over the top like with vala. yes, it seems 'not quite' right for the mission/occasion, but it's still workable. and like i said, it's not SO eye-candy-obvious like vala that you're just shaking your head.

ALL the actors have been able to show off their good looks, but there's a difference between showing your stuff and shoving it down your throats. vala (NOT claudia) was just too dang much.

sally

It's part of the general dumbing-down (maybe so Mitchell won't stand out so much?<<g>>). I couldn't believe in "Ethon", for example, that they went along with that idiotic "deal" what Daniel "worked out" (I guess, to avoid getting shot)--and then they all, Sam included, seemed shocked, shocked, that Rand reneged. Was anyone here surprised at that??

They no longer are bothering to come with intelligent solutions to problems--heck, they aren't even coming up with *any* solutions, sometimes. Mitchell escaped how?--so let's just distract everyone with skin.

Feh!
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X