Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    [snip]

I love my Samanda's, even those who don't see eye to eye with me on stuff.

SunKrux. I enjoy Samanda as well because there are so many different points of views, with one common view, we all respect the work that AT does in portraying Sam. We also recognize the beautiful person AT is through interviews, con reports and coworker comments. I may not always agree with everyone here, but I thoroughly enjoying the discussion it evokes. Sometimes people's responses are able to change my mind. There have been deep discussions along with funny outrageous posts. I'm not a big fan of Vala either, but I respect your views. Sometimes you have even given me a different perspective on the character, a long with others who have liked or disliked episodes that I loved or didn’t like so much. That is why I enjoy coming here as well.

Well On that note I have to go to the Market or else I'll be a starving fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      SunKrux. I enjoy Samanda as well because there are so many different points of views, with one common view, we all respect the work that AT does in portraying Sam. We also recognize the beautiful person AT is through interviews, con reports and coworker comments. I may not always agree with everyone here, but I thoroughly enjoying the discussion it evokes. Sometimes people's responses are able to change my mind. There have been deep discussions along with funny outrageous posts. I'm not a big fan of Vala either, but I respect your views. Sometimes you have even given me a different perspective on the character, a long with others who have liked or disliked episodes that I loved or didn’t like so much. That is why I enjoy coming here as well.

Well On that note I have to go to the Market or else I'll be a starving fan.
      Exactly! I just feel bad that some here feel apparently because of my positive outlook on Vala (and life in general) that they can't come here and be negative. I never intended to make anyone feel like they can't share the good, the bad, the indifferent here. *sighs

I suppose I should stop surfing long enought to eat my lunch, even though I'm not feeling very hungry today.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Me three, and Coley four.
        I have my ticket for Gabit 2 too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Just to clarify - I am not at all optimistic and I think TPTB are seriously screwed up on this one - I was just wondering if anyone did think they may backtrack on it. Me, personally, the minute the sprog is confirmed I will no longer be a viewer of the show, AT/some AT/or limited AT - sorry. The show has gone so far downhill in quality and class that I'm tired of waiting and the additions of Sprog and cliche will be the final nail in the proverbial coffin, at least for me.

SunKrux: no offense but the fact is I detest Vala and the way TPTB have chosen to write and portray the character and the way they have made the SGC, and many of its members, look like chumps and schmos in the process.

I couldn't agree more bink. And again no offence to Sunkrux but I too detest Vala - the character fails in all respects to deliver the Stargate sg1 I have grown to love. The show was a one off - intelligent, witty and thoughtful and based around a team of 4 all with first class integrity and with a female character who is left to be what she is - a scientist and soldier - it now joins the plethora of dumbed down shows not to watch as far as I'm concerned.

I was so disgusted with eps 1 to 4 of this season that I am just not interested in seeing any more - not even with Sam back - the dvd is sat waiting for me but I'm justy not motivated to play it.

I am totally amazed that with the coup of signing CB they didn't come up with a fantastic believable character - a human preferably that would have taken the show forward and not plunged it into the depths.

Pete De Luise's comments about directing CB crystalises the above view. It is not just Amanda who is being disrespected here but CB too in my opinion. "it doesn't matter what she's saying" What an appalling thing for a director to say about an actor - but sadly that is exactly what the character is in the show for - cheap thrills. Season 10 with Vala - no thanks - I shall revert to reading fanfic!

Comment

Exactly! I just feel bad that some here feel apparently because of my positive outlook on Vala (and life in general) that they can't come here and be negative. I never intended to make anyone feel like they can't share the good, the bad, the indifferent here. *sighs

I suppose I should stop surfing long enought to eat my lunch, even though I'm not feeling very hungry today.

I'm quite happy to be negative about Vala - after all this is a Sam thread and Vala does threaten to diminish Sam.

I'm also quite happy for you to be positive about her and like Ann agree it is always a good thing to read other people's perspectives.

Comment

Well thought I would way in with my 2 cents worth today.

Vala I did not like the character at all when first introduced in S8's PU. In fact in my book it was one of the worst episodes of Stargate to that date. Then S9 rolls around and we get what is going down in my book as the worst Stargate episode to date. But I did like Vala more in Avalon than PU and I did finally start to see some good development and qualities that they can build on and hopefully fully develop a character I really like in TPTB.

I do wish that AT had a better sense of what is going to happen with Sam next year. But since they have just started working on the detials of S10 it is not usual for the actors to not know what will happen with the characters they plan at this time of the planning.

I do think the potential is there for some good stuff between Sam and Vala. I'm also glad to hear that BW will play a bigger part in the development of SG-1 next season than this season. I think he does a better job of writting/developing of Sam than RC does.

As for the negative vs positive tone of the thread. Do I prefer a positive tone - Yes. That being said I do understand that we will have times of negativity. That is the way life is and this thread would naturally ebb and flow much as life does. I have a hard time when the negitivite stuff starts to go toward bashing folks. No I'm not saying any one has been doing that the last couple of days. Do we all need to express our feelings at time as a release yes. So please express away I just hope we don't stay in the negitive for long periods of time.

Final word
              You like Vala great it's okay to express your view
              You don't like Vala great it's okay to express your view
              You hope Vala will develop more along the lines we saw brief glimses of at the beg. of S9 and that she and Sam will have some good stuff together - great express your view (this is what I'm hopeful of)

To end what is for me a long post how about a little

Caption This:

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hey, i have the nickname of Miss Negative for a reason

and, in many ways, i hope i'm wrong and that things will be spectacular in s10.

that being said, everyone is welcome here and please don't feel like you're not if you don't fit in with the opinions of others.

There are already lists and groups like that, where only those that fit in with the 'hive mind' are welcome. Samanda will not be like that.

those that like vala, hey good for you. It's good that someone is finding something enjoyable in the episodes.

those that don't, that's to be expected. There's nothing tptb can do that everyone will like

We can all remember that everyone is welcome here and who knows, maybe we can learn something from each other
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  To end what is for me a long post how about a little

Caption This:

You cellophaned the toilets didn't you????
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caption This:

Carter: Sir, are you sure you want me to give you the finger?
                    Jack: Yes I am, I'm in a "give the bird to everyone" mood today.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, I don't mind hearing. In case you didn't see it, I did put *tongue firmly planted in cheek meaning I was just teasing you. I'm cool with folks not liking Vala, I just like to make sure that they aren't just dissin' her cause some might think that Vala is the reason things for Sam have changed, as I don't believe that. Call me optimistic, but I have faith that the writers/producers will make things work wonderfully for Amanda (even if she's feeling a bit in the dark atm) and that the dynamic between Sam and Vala will be handle well and will not turn into a "cat fight".

I have to disagree totally.

CB was given a contract as a regular cast member before they had even written AT's out. AT went up to Rob to ask him if there was a problem to which he replied "No problem we just don't know what to do with Sam" They had already decided what to do with Vala. To even consider losing Sam for even a couple of eps to Atlantis shows they are not too concerned about her being an intergral part of the show - the focus is firmly on Vala. They will use Carter in the first half of the season to ease Vala into the team, then Carter will start taking a back seat.

Amanda has already been treated appallingly and I am thoroughly disgusted at RC and whoever is making the decisions about the direction of the show. Amanda has busted gut for 8 years, worked the con circuit and been a great ambassador for the show. Aparantly RC doesn't even consider Amanda worthy of mentioning in any of his interviews unless pressed. He's too busy drooling over someone who has had only 8 episodes of input into the show. Sorry Sunkrux it sticks in my gut.

I also feel sorry for CB to be stuck in the middle of this. I'm sure she feels just as bad for Amanda as we do and it wouldn't surprise me if she angles to get Carter more involved herself from behind the scenes.

My only hope is that TPTB will may realise that Sam is a highly valued part of the show, they changed Vala totally and then they have 2 strong female cast members. All 5 team members get equal time!!

Comment

I too have no problem with people who post when their down, I only get irritated when ALL I read is ALL negative ALL the time. I've been a bit too negative of late, and thus my lurking status...but after a lot of things in my life going wrong, I'm trying to keep some perspective about Stargate.

There are many other things that are making me slightly more relieved about a full time Vala...like Claudia herself saying that there's no way the Vala of early season 9 is sustainable. I think we'll see some snark, some out of place comments (but we got that from Jack for years so no biggie there) and not nearly the OTT sex kitten nightmare that some people are envisioning.

I think Sam and Vala are like the ying and yang of strong female characters, or at least could be. Like I said, the character development potential for both characters is off the charts so I hope they make use of it. This would mean MORE Sam because of Vala and not less Sam.

With all that in mind, count me in the "looking forward to Vala next year" column.
                        Last edited by Uber; 27 December 2005, 12:58 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Right I too will go back into hiding as, like MajorSal, I really don't hold out much hope for the show.

My opinion is SG1 didn't need another cast regular at all - it just needed to be taken back to the team based show of old. Sadly that is now lost.

Comment

Please don't think that I feel that way. As I've said and will continue to say, we are all entitled to our opinions and I LOVE to hear the opinions of others, even if I don't agree with them.

(((((((((((((((Simha)))))))))))))

*feels bad that some are thinking they can't come here if they aren't always 100% positive
                            SunKrux, I also had my issues with Vala, at least for Season 9 (I actually was ok with her in Prometheus Unbound). But I've made my peace with her as a regular. Yes, TPTB have given me the heebee-geebies about possibly using Vala to displace Sam, but like some others and yourself, I'm going to go with the writers, and all involved, being smarter than that. Two dynamic females on one show have to meet on various levels be it comic, dramatic, or any combo. It just seems so wasteful of two talented actresses to go about this as for one or the other, and fuel yet another fan war. Heck, it's wasteful of a whole 9.5 years to just unravel all the best of the show itself, and that's its cast and quality episodes. (I know, some don't think much of S8-9; acknowledged.)

Just sayin', I'm going with the inclusion of Vala in SG1 as another possibility for team and dramatic development IF there's the will to do it well. We know the writing and direction CAN be awesome, they've done it before.

I am cognizant of the possibility that TPTB are again playing duck, duck goose with us. The decision has been made and contracts signed, so we can only insist that if they go this route they go the high road. I value these discussions pro and con, 'cause if they are scanning here they know the angst on all sides.

Sam's a Great Character, and Vala can be, too. Let's hang in there!
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              well, she did say that she had one miscarriage right after the end of s7 and another one soon before she conceived Olivia, so it's possible that she was recovering from, or in the first stages of a pregnancy that terminated

two miscarriages in 14 months is hard on anyone to deal with, both physically and emotionally
                              One alone is hard to deal with, and I'm speaking from experience. When I went through it, I was drained, tired, confused, in unbelievable pain, and just didn't know where I wanted to be or what I wanted to be doing.

And my pregnancy was unplanned. Think how much worse it would be for someone who had tried.

Secondly, I guess it's always hard at the beginning of a season, trying to get back into the swing of things again, and the team dynamic was altering, cos RDA was there even less.

Just read the interview on GW. She seems so happy and lush! How much do I love that woman. So inspirational.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Caption This:

S: Sir, I think I've broken my wrist.

J: Well, tough for you, Carter. You didn't have to slap me so hard, all I said was...

S: With all due respect Sir, I know exactly what you said, and I'm willing to break my other wrist as well if you say it again.

J: But that Vala is a bit of a hottie...

*SLAP*

S: Owww!!!

J: Medic!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X