Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Not only is the premise of the show familiar but even the lead character name - Henry Morgan...Helen Magnus - really?
    I hope this isn't a rip off of Sanctuary.
    Unless it has abnormals, I don't think it would be.

And Sanctuary and Forever aren't the first shows to focus on a person with immortality. There have been quite a few before them.
    Last edited by hedwig; 24 September 2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Not only is the premise of the show familiar but even the lead character name - Henry Morgan...Helen Magnus - really?
      I hope this isn't a rip off of Sanctuary.
      i didn't want to watch it b/c, by appearances, it seemed like a rip-off. it might be a really good show, but i'm too irked to give it a try.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        More signal raising from Amanda

Emma Watson Delivers Game-Changing Speech on Feminism for the U.N. Wonderful. http://zite.to/1tPuhB7
        Unfortunately, and sadly, there are now a bunch of nutcases out there who are threatening Emma's life because of her speech. And those idiots that released all those pictures of naked celebrities are now threatening to do the same to Emma, also because of her speech.

Comment

Forever is honestly more like a Sherlock Holmes ripoff than it is a santuary ripoff.

Immortal guy, many past lives, brit accent (cute by the way), and it seems he has an equally immortal arch nemesis (moriarty anyone?)

It has potential if they dont' get caught up in the relationship and focus too much on the bad guy that just can't die thus just can't ever be beat.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ionn Gryffud (Spelling?) ?

Saw the trailer in Canada whilst I was there.....looked quite good if a little formulaic....

I saw the last night of Bard on the Beach whilst I was in Vancouver (and met a Gateworlder there who was volunteering ) ...two SGU actors were in the performance of "The Dream" that we saw and it got me wishing that I would have loved the SG1 crew to have done some theatre...I kept imagining Amanda, Michael, Rick, Chris & Teryl in some of those parts....being a comedy there would have been a place for all of them...Amanda would have made a very sprightly Hermia or beautiful ethereal Titania imho..

As for the rest, well you can fit your own actors to the characters, but anyone who puts Michael in as "Bottom" will have me to deal with!!

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Unfortunately, and sadly, there are now a bunch of nutcases out there who are threatening Emma's life because of her speech. And those idiots that released all those pictures of naked celebrities are now threatening to do the same to Emma, also because of her speech.
              It's terrible but also kind of proves her point really. I also doubt it will bother her, she once said she'd love to pose for Playboy in an interview. And, also, she's a celeb. If she's got naked pics of herself on her phone/computer, it's a stupid thing to do. Never keep anything in a digital format that you wouldn't be happy to share with the world. That includes bank details, passwords etc. Let's face it, none of us is safe from hacking, it's just common sense.

I love it when people respond to debates on sexism with sexist remarks. Thanks for venerating every single "rubbish" point. Morons.
              Last edited by AmberLM; 25 September 2014, 01:13 AM.
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                It's terrible but also kind of proves her point really. I also doubt it will bother her, she once said she'd love to pose for Playboy in an interview. And, also, she's a celeb. If she's got naked pics of herself on her phone/computer, it's a stupid thing to do. Never keep anything in a digital format that you wouldn't be happy to share with the world. That includes bank details, passwords etc. Let's face it, none of us is safe from hacking, it's just common sense.

I love it when people respond to debates on sexism with sexist remarks. Thanks for venerating every single "rubbish" point. Morons.
                I agree.

I've read some comments where people are angry that the people who took the photos are being dissed for taking the photos in the first place. I'm not dissing them for that reason. If they want to take naked pictures of themselves, fine. Just don't put them on a device that is so easily hacked or even lost or stolen. It's just asking for trouble.

Comment

I agree. You're an adult, do what you want to do. THe only drawback, if you're underage, even if take nude selfies of yourself it's kiddie pron, so don't be that stupid cause the law hasnt' caught up with tech and a second's indiscretion can haunt you forever.

Ok, beyond that....ANYONE that trusts ANY cloud to be secure is a fool. you're putting your data on a server somewhere, you don't know where. You don't know who has access and you're taking a corporation's word that it's secure...and we all know they say what you want to hear while making you agree to a clause that says 'hey, if we're wrong, we're not liable so tuff'

sigpic

Comment

I read somewhere that the 'threat' to hack Emma Watson was just some marketing ploy to generate business virally by a PR firm. I do hope that company goes belly up post haste.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

There's so much manipulation out there you almost can't trust anything anyone says.

There's that massive push to use the cloud or put data 'put there' but no regulation about how that data is handled. If you're a conspiracy theorist you could think it makes it easier for anyone to watch/monitor/spy on you with your data out there. Because most people don't read the terms they agree to.

For example, anyone that has iOS8 and their new third party keyboards....read the terms, those keyboard app developers can store your data...in other words, using them is the same as installing a keylogger onto your device. Do they keep it? Do they safeguard it? Is it really anonymous? who knows. But there's tech out there that has the ability to spy on anyone, and little to no regulation to how that information is handled...they leave it in the hands of the various corporations...who I'm sure we all love and trust and believe has our best interest at heart :/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        Ionn Gryffud (Spelling?) ?

Saw the trailer in Canada whilst I was there.....looked quite good if a little formulaic....

I saw the last night of Bard on the Beach whilst I was in Vancouver (and met a Gateworlder there who was volunteering ) ...two SGU actors were in the performance of "The Dream" that we saw and it got me wishing that I would have loved the SG1 crew to have done some theatre...I kept imagining Amanda, Michael, Rick, Chris & Teryl in some of those parts....being a comedy there would have been a place for all of them...Amanda would have made a very sprightly Hermia or beautiful ethereal Titania imho..

As for the rest, well you can fit your own actors to the characters, but anyone who puts Michael in as "Bottom" will have me to deal with!!

Deeds xx
                        Would love to see any of them on stage one day.

I really liked the first episode of Forever. Not at all borrowing from Sanctuary. I love Ioan Gruffudd, ever since I saw him in Horatio Hornblower.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

In the UK the Cable Film Channels Movies 24 and Movies 24+ seem to be showing "Taken Back, Finding Haley" starring Amanda and Moira Kelly quite a bit...I think it might be in the "premiere mode" atm..they seem to do this quite often...show a film each day when they first get it...I expect it will be on a few times over the coming weeks....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I just finished watching Random Acts of Romance - OH MY!
                            I found it very refreshing and quite hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed every character.
                            Was slightly shocked by Amanda's performance but in a good way. I really loved seeing her sink her teeth into something so different to what I'm used to.
                            If you ever get the chance to watch it, I highly recommend it.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just finished watching Random Acts of Romance - OH MY!
                              I found it very refreshing and quite hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed every character.
                              Was slightly shocked by Amanda's performance but in a good way. I really loved seeing her sink her teeth into something so different to what I'm used to.
                              If you ever get the chance to watch it, I highly recommend it.
                              Where can you see it? Is it available on Netflix or Amazon?

Comment

It is aviable on DVD from the producers. you can order it via email [email protected] if there is any left as it was limited release

Comment

Working...
                                X