Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    Colin Ferguson did his challenge next to his *pool* and you guys argue about buckets full of water?
    Maybe he got the water for the bucket from his swimming pool?

Comment

*Coming out of lurkdom* I can understand the concern over water usage and the ALS challenge, but you don't need to use huge buckets you could do it in the bath with plug/stopper in the drain then warm and top it up and have your bath. Aso I agree that if you do the challenge then you should donate even a little if you can, but even doing it to raise awareness is good as long as the charity is mentioned (which in a few videos I've seen it isn't) which is kind of losing the point I think. I did mine today and we used a small bucket and basin. I donated to both ALS and S4K.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Last edited by samcarterrules; 24 August 2014, 10:21 AM. Reason: can't spell
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I had no idea the water issue was so bad, I hope it eases soon.
        My cousin is a horticulturist and refuses to waste water as so did her challenge in a big bucket and the water then went to feeding her veg and into her car.
        I saw the video of the chap who is 26 with the ALS diagnosis and it runs in his family I have to say that despite the very genuine issue of the water usage I hope the challenges continue for a couple of weeks yet. They really seem to need the donations as the pharm companies aren't going near a disease with so little chance of making a profit. Hopefully this will make an impact for them.

Comment

Allow me to get all philosophical here

Judge not lest you be judged.

people will do what works for them. 'right' or 'wrong' can be relative things.

No one on this forum lives in the same circumstances as everyone else. We're hot, but no water rationing. I watered my lawn this am. For others on here it's spring and things are blustery and cool, for me it's hot and I'm very grateful for my air conditioning.

Still others here were woken up in the wee hours while the ground shook. Others are indoors while it pours outside.

I've seen people do the challenge with a group and hundreds of gallons of water and ice, I've seen them do it with a hotel ice bucket. The how doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, the why does.

My grandmother died of ALS. I watched her go from an independent woman to a person in a nursing home that couldn't speak and 'ate' via a tube in her stomach. Thanks to this challenge more people know about ALS and what it is and does.

Maybe some that are doing it are doing it just because it's 'cool' (no pun intended) maybe it's heart felt.....doesn't matter. At least something is being done and awareness is being raised.

Roll with it, and take a lesson away from it, the incredible power of social media.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amen Sky!!
            When the drought was really bad here, we had to cut our showers down to 3 minutes. I got a shower timer to remind the family when time was up so we wouldn't waste water.
            Using a bucket of water during sever drought can be easily utilised - be it in the garden or in lieu of a shower.
            But as it has already been mentioned, it's bringing awareness to ALS.

For those in the earthquake affected areas, take care and stay safe. Xo
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              your perfection must be exhausting.
              Sorry you missed my point and that we can't have a civilized discussion without personal attacks. Especially when I had indicated that I see both sides of the discussion.

Lame Moose said it best.
              Last edited by EH-T; 24 August 2014, 08:09 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Amanda has responded to the Ice Bucket challenge

#IceBucketChallenge. Better late than never! Xo @EmilieUllerup @JuliaHague http://telly.com/1N4141I

I now nominate @realmartinwood @RobinDunne @damiankindler #IceBucketChallenge.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  I think the best ice bucket challenge I've seen thus far is Patrick Gilmore - he actually had a bath of ice with a glass of wine - very funny guy
                  But Amanda and Julia were awesome.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Amen Sky!!
                      When the drought was really bad here, we had to cut our showers down to 3 minutes. I got a shower timer to remind the family when time was up so we wouldn't waste water.
                      Using a bucket of water during sever drought can be easily utilised - be it in the garden or in lieu of a shower.
                      But as it has already been mentioned, it's bringing awareness to ALS.

For those in the earthquake affected areas, take care and stay safe. Xo
                      Cheri Oteri acknowledged the drought in her challenge. (It's just a minute long - enjoy!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVix72XdKXo
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

That actually might be the best one I've seen!

Comment

Believe it or not but I've actually had a full shower/bath with just one bucket of water. Wet, lather and rinse - not two buckets and no soap suds left. That's how we wash when camping...for those who actually choose to wash.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            So hopefully all those who advocated for this or watch it will donate to the cause like Chelle did.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Maybe he got the water for the bucket from his swimming pool?

So, since you are the one who brought up the argument about the whole thing being a waste of water during a time of drought I find it interesting that you don't seem to mind people having swimming pools.

Anyway, it's just good old trolling. Everybody seems to like something so of course someone has to spoil it.

I don't mean you hedwig, I am sure you just repeated what was started elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I think the best ice bucket challenge I've seen thus far is Patrick Gilmore - he actually had a bath of ice with a glass of wine - very funny guy
                                But Amanda and Julia were awesome.
                                amanda's was great and fun!

i don't like where it was uploaded, but the vid can be saved, so now it's on my computer.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X