Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
    I realized today that there is 1 episode of SG-1 that I haven't seen aside from clips. Which is ironic because I own all 10 seasons (a Christmas present to myself last year ).

I have never watched Bad Guys. Mainly because I knew Sam wasn't in it and when I initially watched the series, I skipped it the eps she wasn't in and I never really had a desire to go back and watch it. I do however love the clip of Daniel yelling at the "hostages."
    Oh wow - I love that episode. one of my favourite not just from season 10 but all up.
    My favourite episode of all time however is Window of Opportunity.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Decent, The Other Guys, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection, Metamorphosis.
      I love Descent...and Fail Safe - I forget which season that is - I think it's season 5. But I think it's a great team episode.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm torn between seasons 4,5,6. Sam and Daniel have grown into their own by season 4 and are no longer naive. The team is at its strongest, with Sam not afraid to question Jack or put forward her opinion, she also makes her distaste at situations clear without being insubordinate - Fifth and Red Sky. We meet McKay and have strong episodes which showcase the politics of the Stargate without being the 'sitting around the table talking' episodes used in the earlier seasons - 48 hours, season 5/6 finale/premier.

Descent, Fail Safe, Below the Surface, also all stand out for me.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I think my favorite seasons were 6 and then 3 with the rest lining up, season 7, 9 and 10 at the bottom
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Season 4 seems to be my favorite as far as Sam is concerned.
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              Season 4 seems to be my favorite as far as Sam is concerned.
              Mine too
              And even tho' we didn't see nearly enough of her leading the team, I like season 8 as well. Mostly for Moebius Geeky!Sam

*sneaks back into lurk mode*
              sigpic

Comment

I liked several ups in S8. Mostly the 2 parters. But not Moebeus.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I liked several ups in S8. Mostly the 2 parters. But not Moebeus.
                  You did not like "geek sam"?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    You did not like "geek sam"?
                    Not particularly.

I'm a Sam fan, but not necessarily a fan of every way they decide use her. AU or not.
                    Last edited by suse; 07 February 2014, 06:19 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Not particularly.

I'm a Sam fan, but not necessarily a fan of every aspect they decide use her. AU or not.
                      I liked it, but not so much because of Geek Sam, but more because the "small changes to a timeline can make massive differences" deal. I grinned like an Ijitt at the end when O'Neill's pond had fish for example.

AT I liked because she *played* the difference between the two versions so well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I liked it, but not so much because of Geek Sam, but more because the "small changes to a timeline can make massive differences" deal. I grinned like an Ijitt at the end when O'Neill's pond had fish for example.

AT I liked because she *played* the difference between the two versions so well.
                        Yes, she did do a good job.

The fish... To me, that was the start of the AU that was S9/S10.

But I really like the end of the replicator storyline, even if we did lose Jacob.
                        Last edited by suse; 07 February 2014, 06:55 PM. Reason: Fix a word.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I prefer Reckoning to Moebuis.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            I prefer Reckoning to Moebuis.

Yes!
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

But I really like the end of the replicator storyline, even if we did lost Jacob.
                              i think it was just supposed to be a (simpsons related) joke. BUT, seeing as the fans would say that jack's pond never had fish, and that we'd notice these things way before we're going to take it as a joke (that only online or magazine reading fans would know about)...

either jack's pond always had fish and he just didn't know it, or you're right, and it's a slightly off universe now...

but i'm more thinking that it was just a joke, and that even though it would derail the 'everything's put back to perfect order' idea...

the joke's more important than the facts and the mythology all that unimportant stuff.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

STOP IT, THE UNVIVERSE WILL IMPLODE ID WE AGREE!!
                                So S9/10 will always be "fargate" to you?
                                But I really like the end of the replicator storyline, even if we did lost Jacob.
                                I think they wasted Jacobs death, it was a clear opportunity for Sam to come *completely* into her own.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X