Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    what does 'lost 10 metres out of the hotel room' mean exactly?

They got lost about 30 feet from the hotel room. And were likely trying to use GPS to figure out where they were going. Or how to get back to the hotel.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

exaggeration I would say No one can get lost in 10 metres. In that range you can still SEE your point of origin. But it does make for a humorous tweet.
      sigpic

Comment

Was going over Dennys' tweets again and few pics have Amanda in glasses. I can count on the fingers of hand where Amanda is wearing eyeglasses. Does she wear contacts the rest of the time, or only she only wears them in certain situations or are her glasses her Clark Kent disguise?
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Yes, it was because they were looking at their phone, which means they were using GPS or the maps on the phone for directions...something that can be notoriously unreliable.

I'm willing to bet the situation was 'where is such and such place?' 'this way' 'really? I thought it was that way'
          then comes out the phone and probably the difficulty of actually finding your destination in the database to then get directions.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            Was going over Dennys' tweets again and few pics have Amanda in glasses. I can count on the fingers of hand where Amanda is wearing eyeglasses. Does she wear contacts the rest of the time, or only she only wears them in certain situations or are her glasses her Clark Kent disguise?
            The few times I've seen her wearing glasses she was usually reading something and/or directing, so I'm guessing she either only has/needs reading glasses or her eyesight isn't terribly bad (could be age-related) but she needs/wants glasses when she's tired (long hours) and/or has to be able to see lots of details. She wasn't wearing contacts during Stargate SG-1 and not in Sanctuary either, because it's usually quite easy to tell when people are wearing them by looking into their eyes and never spotted them with her (and there are plenty of close-ups where one could have noticed).
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              The few times I've seen her wearing glasses she was usually reading something and/or directing, so I'm guessing she either only has/needs reading glasses or her eyesight isn't terribly bad (could be age-related) but she needs/wants glasses when she's tired (long hours) and/or has to be able to see lots of details. She wasn't wearing contacts during Stargate SG-1 and not in Sanctuary either, because it's usually quite easy to tell when people are wearing them by looking into their eyes and never spotted them with her (and there are plenty of close-ups where one could have noticed).
              I agree, glasses for reading makes most sense - couldn't believe it when Dennys posted that photo and her glasses were almost identical to mine.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I have glasses myself. My eyesight is pretty bad.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

hehehe - I can see maybe past the end of my nose without my glasses...then again, maybe not that far quite nearsighted.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm the opposite, long sighted plus a lazy eye since I was 7. I only need them for close work though. Even if I wanted contacts I couldn't have them, my prescription has a prism and you can't put prisms in contacts.
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Amanda (also) looks great with glasses on she did mention something about her eyesight not being as good as it used to be at the Phoenix ComiCon panel...

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        Amanda (also) looks great with glasses on she did mention something about her eyesight not being as good as it used to be at the Phoenix ComiCon panel...
                        She said that maybe it was a long time effect of Gate travel!
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I've worn glasses for years for both distance and near stuff. I just had cataract surgery on both of my eyes, and it's astounding how much better my near vision is. I don't need glasses for near stuff now, but will need them for distance.

Comment

I can see things far away. I have astigmatism, and I have color blindness issues.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              So true

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I've worn glasses for years for both distance and near stuff. I just had cataract surgery on both of my eyes, and it's astounding how much better my near vision is. I don't need glasses for near stuff now, but will need them for distance.
                              I'm so glad to hear that the surgery has helped you. I've been wearing glasses "always" - luckily I can use the same pair for both distance, near stuff and reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X