Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda's tweet on day 1 of AT6

Day 1 of #AT6 was spectacular to say the least. What an astounding group of people. Hugs, laughter, tears and lots of $ raised! Humbled. Xo
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

A few more AT6 related tweets from Amanda

Overwhelmed. Overcome. So proud. So utterly astounded. #AT6 @GABITEvents. Fandom at its finest. So proud of you all this weekend. My love!

£30,000 raised for @sanctuary4kids!! An awesome group of committed, gracious, joyful and generous fans. What a phenomenal experience. Xoxo

Comment

Just a reminder, the 'deadline' is next weekend - give or take (thanks to the folks that sent theirs in)

Holiday Card Exchange

Anyone is eligible to participate.

The card exchange is: You send me your snail mail address (complete with name.....unless you want mail coming addressed to your Gateworld alter ego), I'll collect those names and around the end of November, mail the list out to everyone that sent in their address. Your commitment.....you send a card to every person on the list and they'll send one to you.

These don't have to be fancy cards. They can be cheapies bought at the dollar store, people in the past have home made cards, so don't think you have to shell out $3 each at Hallmark.

There is a financial commitment in the postage though. Gonna cost roughly .50 each to mail in the US, $1 each to mail over seas (US postage rates, I know other countries postage rates are higher)

We usually get 20ish participants, so please consider that in your budget. I know time and money are tight and I don't want anyone to get in over their head.

This is open to any participant of the Sam threads but 100000% voluntary.

If you're interested, PM or e-mail me your name and postal address. I'll send the lists out around the end of November to give you plenty of time to get cards in the mail. (I'll get a specific deadline date here soon as I look at a calendar)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just thought I'd pop into the thread and ask if anyone would like to play Helen Magnus in my Sanctuary RPG. I'm going to be making a separate post about my RPG in the Sanctuary section but I wanted to check here first for Magnus. If you would like to play Magnus let me know.

Edit: I have a main player for Helen but not a temp. player.
          Last edited by planet_tv; 14 November 2012, 04:28 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
            This was posted by Dennys Illic on Twitter:

Enjoy!
            I had the good fortune to sit next to Ken and Dennys at AT6. Very nice gentlemen.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
            I listened to CBC radio when I lived back east. Loved Peter Gzowski and Stuart McLean. They were great together. I have a couple Morningside books still and one of Stuart's. He comes to Seattle to do a show almost every year as there are quite a few fans here. I'd still be listening to CBC but my house is blocked from the station signal by a huge building across the street. His show is on the NPR station on Sundays and I've got all his podcasts on iTunes. Loved Bill Nickelson, too, but haven't heard anything about him in a long time. Big fan of CBC radio--no commercials

donamac
            As you know, i love Stuart and the CBC.

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
            did anyone else watch? it was awesome, outside of the actual interview there was livestream chat and we got a chance to ask Amanda questions

oh and the AT Dennys book looks awesome, need to get hold of a copy of that
            They had a one-of-a kind version at the AT6 auction. I was bidding on it but, in the end, it went to a wonderful and generous fan named Sam (how appropriate)

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            Some AT6 related tweets from Amanda
            I'm pretty sure the shoe comment related to me as i was wearing stripper shoes at the cocktail party (it's a long story).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just one other thing. Amanda mentioned on the weekend that the first two episodes of Supernatural feature only one scene with her. The third episode has more of her.

Comment

Since I have been away, I'm not sure if everyone knows about this. Legends is auctioning off Sanctuary props and costumes. The website is http://www.stargateprops.com/auction/xcAuction.asp

Comment

Amanda just tweeted that she is working on a new SG-1 related project!!!

Working on new Stargate SG-1 thingy. Very cool. Nice to hear Carter's voice in my head again! Xo pic.twitter.com/78x8BaLd

Comment

T-minus 9 hours and 11 minutes to the start of Shipsgiving.

Comment

Working on new Stargate SG-1 thingy. Very cool. Nice to hear Carter's voice in my head again! Xo pic.twitter.com/78x8BaLd
                      What the heck does this mean?!

I just got inordinately excited-- probably more than I should be. *quivers in anticipation*

Comment

I was wondering the same thing... I can't really see what's on the picture either, with the exception of the Stargate on the screen in the background.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I was wondering the same thing... I can't really see what's on the picture either, with the exception of the Stargate on the screen in the background.
                          The item in the front of the picture is a microphone - the type they have in studios. Maybe they are doing some sort of recordings for a computer game or cartoon show?

Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            The item in the front of the picture is a microphone - the type they have in studios. Maybe they are doing some sort of recordings for a computer game or cartoon show?

Mumsey
                            Oh yes, now I see. Didn't realize it was that close up.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I think it may be something related to this:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...stargate-sg-1/

http://www.ordinostudios.com/blog/20...n-andorra.html

Sorry for my bad English

Comment

Originally posted by CapitaBlood View Post
                                I think it may be something related to this:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...stargate-sg-1/

http://www.ordinostudios.com/blog/20...n-andorra.html

Sorry for my bad English
                                Both these links go back to March and April 2012. I think we should wait for much more up to date information before getting too excited.

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X