Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda looking forward to working with Emilie again

@EmilieUllerup I read the 212 script!! I'm so excited to direct you in #ArcticAir! Together again! Yippee! and @BrianMarkinson too!! Xoxo
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

^cool. Too bad we don't get ARctic Air in the US, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
        On set at Primeval New World:

http://epdaily.tv/all/type-of/previe...7963158948237#

Features Amanda as well
        Thanks for the link. Kind of cool that Gillian Horvath is part of this show too--I liked her Sanctuary episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I do. But, I live near Detroit, so we've always gotten CBC out of Windsor. When I was growing up I had no idea I was watching TV from another country.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Maybe it will get picked up by one of your stations. Alternatively, CBC online always sells DVDs of their programs.

Thanks for the link. Kind of cool that Gillian Horvath is part of this show too--I liked her Sanctuary episodes.
            Agreed, I like her writing.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            I do. But, I live near Detroit, so we've always gotten CBC out of Windsor. When I was growing up I had no idea I was watching TV from another country.
            What? You couldn't tell by the "accent"?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Why do you think she sounds like us
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                That's right, eh?

Comment

I've always been heavily influenced by Canadian media. Didn't realize until a few years ago that most people in the US have no idea who The Friendly Giant is, I grew up listening to CKLW, and to this day 1/2 of the stations on my radio are from across the border.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  I've been told I have a touch of Canadian to my accent. And hillbilly. And midwest. I'm just confused.

That's right, eh?
                  Could be Canadian, could be a Yooper.

Note: A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Hope their love of "u" didn't screw up too many spelling tests
                    sigpic

Comment

I've always been heavily influenced by Canadian media. Didn't realize until a few years ago that most people in the US have no idea who The Friendly Giant is, I grew up listening to CKLW, and to this day 1/2 of the stations on my radio are from across the border.

I've been told I have a touch of Canadian to my accent. And hillbilly. And midwest. I'm just confused.

Could be Canadian, could be a Yooper.

Note: A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
                      LOVED the Friendly Giant!

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      LOL! Nice to see you Jan!

Comment

My assistant pastor once asked me "Where are you FROM?" Parents are Yankees, I was raised mostly in the South but spent time in Germany and I pick up idioms from *everywhere* and use them. My accent shifts very quickly when I am around people from different areas of the world. However I still say y'all. That will never go away.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i have always said "eh" at the end of sentences. even before i knew that it was a canadian thing-before i had ever been to canada. i do have some "blackfoot indian" blood in me. they are from upper midwest and canada. but i never heard any indians use "eh" when they talk. like white man speak with forked tongue, eh? don't know how i picked it up. oh well-doesn't matter.
                          so i leave for the airport at about 7:30 tomorrow night. i think it's time to think about packing. yup, gotta do that tomorrow. made a packing list-wish things would just magically appear in my suitcases. can't believe i'll actually be somewhere in the sky 24 hours from now. the last several days have just flown by. see you all soon. safe travels to all.

Comment

Maybe it will get picked up by one of your stations. Alternatively, CBC online always sells DVDs of their programs.

Agreed, I like her writing.

I listened to CBC radio when I lived back east. Loved Peter Gzowski and Stuart McLean. They were great together. I have a couple Morningside books still and one of Stuart's. He comes to Seattle to do a show almost every year as there are quite a few fans here. I'd still be listening to CBC but my house is blocked from the station signal by a huge building across the street. His show is on the NPR station on Sundays and I've got all his podcasts on iTunes. Loved Bill Nickelson, too, but haven't heard anything about him in a long time. Big fan of CBC radio--no commercials

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              Yes, I find that words like colour and neighbour look strange without the "U"!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              My assistant pastor once asked me "Where are you FROM?" Parents are Yankees, I was raised mostly in the South but spent time in Germany and I pick up idioms from *everywhere* and use them. My accent shifts very quickly when I am around people from different areas of the world. However I still say y'all. That will never go away.
                              I get that too, having been born in Hong Kong (British English), and moved down under while I was still young and finally ending up in Canada, my accent shifts to whatever I'm listening to a lot. So if I'm watching a lot of Sanctuary and Doctor Who, I end up sounding quite British, but with a lot of North Americanisms!

Comment

Hi everyone

Those of you not going to AT6 have a look at this

http://amandatappingonline.com

myself a few others have set up this event so those of us not going to AT6 can still have a bit of AT fun and raise some money for sanctuary for kids. If you are twitter users you may have seen the news of this already. I'm @SG1Suzi on there

hope some of you take a look and come join us
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Working...
                                X