Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Chicago creation con isn't horrible. It's just expensive, tedious, boring and impersonal.

SNIP
    sigpic

Comment

A new tweet from Amanda

Likewise Prince Charming. RT @mishacollins: I find the new girl, @amandatapping very difficult to work with. http://twitpic.com/b6uo2x
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Chicago creation con isn't horrible. It's just expensive, tedious, boring and impersonal

Autos were crammed through, waited about 5 hours for mine. the biggest upside is that there is/was a target next door for any bits and pieces you need (assuming same hotel)

wouldn't rush back, but wasn't my worst con experience
        Good to know.

If you go to a con like that you just go knowing that it's a number's game. The more people they can get in the door and get through is more money. And they will maximize it as much as they can and will push the boundaries of what they can pull off.

they're not bad or mean or evil. It's just a living for them, and how they make their living. they need to eat and pay their bills so they need to make sure they make enough money to pay the bills and have enough to pay themselves.
        That summarizes it pretty well. My first Creation Con was a disappointment but now I know what to expect, my expectations are lowered and I accept it for what it is.

I was out last night but taped the Match Game ep with AT and RD, haven't watched it all yet but both were pretty subdued. That may be because there were comedians there who were more "out there". Looked like AT was having fun.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          That summarizes it pretty well. My first Creation Con was a disappointment but now I know what to expect, my expectations are lowered and I accept it for what it is.

I was out last night but taped the Match Game ep with AT and RD, haven't watched it all yet but both were pretty subdued. That may be because there were comedians there who were more "out there". Looked like AT was having fun.
          I think she didn't really didn't know what to add about the discussion on chest hair She did okay, the whole show wasn't as funny as I thought it could be...pehaps given time, the show will find it's groove
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

From Amanda's Twitter

Happy birthday beautiful Brenda! See you soon. Xo RT @AZbrenda: @amandatapping Can I get a shout out for my Birthday this week?

Comment

I am not a Tom Green fan and felt he took up too much time without actually being funny. I think you are right about taking time to find its groove.

I did find it odd that they introduced the people without really explaining who they are or a bit about what they have done. Had no idea who the guy next to AT was (not Sean Cullen, the other guy).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I didn't have a clue except for Amanda and Robin. Which is to be expected.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  I didn't have a clue except for Amanda and Robin. Which is to be expected.
                  Well you are American, as a Canadian I recognized Amanda, Robin and Tom Green

Hey one more counts
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes, it does.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Well you are American, as a Canadian I recognized Amanda, Robin and Tom Green

Hey one more counts
                      As opposed to Red Green?

He was married to Drew Barrymore. Though I never quite understood that pairing.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        As opposed to Red Green?

He was married to Drew Barrymore. Though I never quite understood that pairing.
                        One drunken night perhaps?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          One drunken night perhaps?
                          Probably, since the marriage didn't last very long.

Comment

Dangit, I taped the wrong episode. Sigh....perhaps I'll catch it in reruns. Ooh, wonder if the Comedy Network airs the most recent one on their website? *goes to check*

Edit: They do!!! The Match Game
                            Also, Amanda is listed first on the guests list as: Actress, producer, director and “Grand Empress of sci-fi” Amanda Tapping

I've seen much better eps of the show, tbf, although Amanda and Robin were fun. Tom Green was a bit much IMO - then again, I often feel that way about his work, so no surprise there!
                            Last edited by ames; 24 October 2012, 08:46 PM.
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              Dangit, I taped the wrong episode. Sigh....perhaps I'll catch it in reruns. Ooh, wonder if the Comedy Network airs the most recent one on their website? *goes to check*
                              Edit: They do!!! The Match Game
                              Also, Amanda is listed first on the guests list as: Actress, producer, director and “Grand Empress of sci-fi” Amanda Tapping
                              I've seen much better eps of the show, tbf, although Amanda and Robin were fun. Tom Green was a bit much IMO - then again, I often feel that way about his work, so no surprise there!
                              It's not available...must be for Canadians or North Americans only...bummer.

Thank god for YT - watching it now.

Ok so that was fun to watch tho I really didn't find Tom funny...I liked Sean much better.
                              Spoiler:
                              I matched the diaper/nappy answer as well as Lightyear.
                              I wish we had Blankety Blanks back on our screens...that used to crack me up.
                              Last edited by Chelle DB; 24 October 2012, 09:51 PM.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Another tweet from Amanda

@MingNa congratulations!!!! So stoked for you! I'll be watching. But you'll always be Mulan in Olivia's heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X