Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Oh wow - now that would be sooo cool. ...in her neighbourhood too. They've listed the producers names but no cast - I wonder if that's because they have yet to get a cast or if they're just sitting on it for now.
    I would guess it hasn't been cast yet. If they had names, they would have wanted to announce them at the upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by Karin View Post
      First I want to thank you all for your answers and opinions. I just made a donation to S4K.
      good on ya!

In this, I disagree. I don't think, that Vancouver is that different from the rest of the world in which money rules.

An award is a way to honour an actor, and there are not really that much possibilities to show an actor, that he did a good job. It is an acknowledgement, that the performance, in which the actor gave a lot of energy, was great. And to be honest, who doesn't need or want a reassurement from time to time?

Also an award brings the winner in the focus of attention of potential producers or directors. Ah, this actor/actress won that amount of awards, so she or he must be good and so the movies with her can bring more money, because more people will watch it and the ratings will go up.

The award brings the actor a better bargaining tool for the next movie, he or she wants to be in. It is easier to negotiate, when you have success and a name.

Yes, the award-giving ceremony is a great party and a celebration of the local industry, but there are also the communication media present, and they report in articles, tv, fotos of this event and a lot of people all over the world can be informed about who won, who wear what dress, and so on. And every actor wants to be seen, so to bear in remembrance of the important people of this industry.

So don't forgett it is an industry, it makes fun, it brings fun but it is also to make good money.

I know, that to Amanda helping a kid will mean more than something else to dust, but I'm sure deep down she was also disappointed that sanctuary, a TV series she co developed and she worked so hard to realize, was not honord the way it deserved.

xo to all

Karin
      [/QUOTE]

We'll agree to disagree on this. I have heard Amanda herself say that Hollywood is very different from Vancouver.

While your points are valid, I think a lot of that is accomplished by the nomination itself, at least here at home. To be perfectly honest, a Leo award will carry some recognition in Canada but I doubt very few outside of Canada have even heard about the Leos.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i love that amanda gets to have her cake and eat it too (vancouver ), but i SO much want to see her on screen again, that i'd trade in her cake diet for just viewing the cake (LA!).

i'm sure there's places in southern cal that amanda could still act, but still have the little inlet of privacy.

i just want to see her on screen, preferably in another series so we can see her weekly.

as much as i'm sick of cop/detective shows, medical dramas, and lawyer shows, i'd gladly take it if it's all that's available.

but... she could play an ex cop, who quit to be a lawyer, who's now studying medicine. who was also abducted by aliens and is now trying to expose that secret. yes, and ex cop, ex lawyer, med student, who's suffering from post traumatic stress from being abducted, all the while working with the government to try to stop the alien abductions! it'll be a brilliant series!

the series would be called, 'String Theory'. i have no idea why, other than it's sci-fiy and sounds confusing and cool.
      I'm sure she could live and work in LA and still have privacy. However, there are other considerations in being able to live and work at home. No offence intended, I love to visit the US but could never live there. Whatever AT does I hope it is her choice and not something she feels forced to do just to find work.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Maybe Amanda could do something like this - http://bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/r...5183&yyyy=2012
      Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Oh wow - now that would be sooo cool. ...in her neighbourhood too. They've listed the producers names but no cast - I wonder if that's because they have yet to get a cast or if they're just sitting on it for now.
      This sounds great. I note one of the producers was involved in Whistler. I believe that was a show in which Amanda was offered a part. Hopefully that connection will result in something.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I'm sure she could live and work in LA and still have privacy. However, there are other considerations in being able to live and work at home. No offence intended, I love to visit the US but could never live there. Whatever AT does I hope it is her choice and not something she feels forced to do just to find work.

I'm pretty sure she's at a place in her life and career where she can pick and choose what projects she wants to work on. She can afford to be picky.

Comment

ans after 20 years of non-stop work, maybe she just wants to take some time, relax and enjoy her family
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

New Tweet from Amanda

Thanks for all the love! Trying to navigate the "what's next" waters. Family. Directing and Acting. @sanctuary4kids. And you. Pretty good!
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Maybe Amanda could do something like this - http://bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/r...5183&yyyy=2012
              i'd watch that!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                ans after 20 years of non-stop work, maybe she just wants to take some time, relax and enjoy her family
                amanda doesn't seem to be the sit around and not work kind of person. but with the reputation she now has, she is able to pick and choose to allow her more family/travel/whatever time. she also made a comment at i think it was armageddon that as far as money is concerned, she has enough- so doubt she is desperate and will take anything just to have a steady income. i just hope she chooses something that gives her face time on north american tv. (and oz and uk and other countries)

Comment

What I mean is....and it ties in with you, yeah, she can take time, do a few fun projects and look for something that she wants to do, not take stuff cause she needs it.
                  ANd maybe she wants to take a few weeks, chill and work her contacts and see what pops up.
                  Whatever she does I hope it's what she wants to do.

sigpic

Comment

She should take a few days off and come visit Dragon*Con again in August!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i'd watch that!!
                      Me too. I wonder if they had anyone in mind for the lead. "feisty female Vancouver homicide detective"? I can definately see Amanda playing that! Though they may want to cast an "unknown" for the lead - some shows tend to want to do that.

Of course it also depends on if Amanda wants to do more years of television! It can be grueling.

Comment

Did that Cooking With the Stars episode that Amanda was on ever get put up online??? Did I miss a discussion about it???
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                          Did that Cooking With the Stars episode that Amanda was on ever get put up online??? Did I miss a discussion about it???
                          I haven't heard anything yet - I think it will be soon tho.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                            It aired on Shaw TV during the week. They said it would take a week after that to get to the net, so look for it Tuesday or later.
                            -

Comment

It aired on Shaw TV during the week. They said it would take a week after that to get to the net, so look for it Tuesday or later.
                              I don't think that it did. According to their Twitter account, an older episode aired this past week.

Comment

shows often toss reruns into holiday weeks under the thought that most are not home so why 'waste' a new episode on a lowered viewership

I know this doesn't effect canadian TV, but we're also at the end of may sweeps....so re-runs for the summer

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X