No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agam darshi is on psych now. and david nykl was on 2 eps ago.

Comment

?At the Leos -

@leoawards

Amanda did a wardrobe change and Robin still has his pants on! #leoawards http://pic.twitter.com/gdAYmzdu
      -

Comment

more Amanda -

@susangittins
        Hijinks w/ #Sanctuary's Amanda Tapping & Robin Dunne at #LeoAwards http://www.flickr.com/photos/susangi...7624212177744/ Behaving themselves flickr.com/photos/susangi…
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          more Amanda -
          OMG! She looks stunning as always

Fingers crossed that she wins that well-deserved award!
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

in my mind she won, but unfortunately not at the leos.

Comment

Another couple of Tweets from Amanda

Thank you my love!!! Wish you were here! XoxoRT @DavidBlue: @amandatapping wishing you the best, beautiful!

Us too!! RT @peterwingfield: Big love to Mantap and The Boy Dunne for Leo's tonite. Wish I could have been there for some silly naughtiness.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i think for some, it won't matter how many times it's proven that syfy isn't satan personified, it's been chosen to be *the* bad guy in anything and everything negative for sanctuary. some ppl spewing hatred towards syfy just don't know the facts, but some just choose to be narrow-minded and blind. they choose.

syfy isn't the greatest company in the world, but it's far from being the worst.

onto more pleasant topics...

i'd love for sanct to win *all* the awards they're up for, but the one that holds to my heart is amanda winning for best actress for 'tempus'. amanda OWNED that episode! she owned the series!! it showed why she was the star of her own series!

~keeping fingers and toes crossed for amanda~
                For those that want to vilify Syfy let them remember that without Syfy SG-1 would have been a 5year show and we would not have had SGA or SGU

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  For those that want to vilify Syfy let them remember that without Syfy SG-1 would have been a 5year show and we would not have had SGA or SGU
                  For me, it's not that I'm mad at SyFy, but rather disappointed. Regardless of the details surrounding what happened to Sanctuary, I see the type of shows they're putting out there now-- so much of it is leaning towards the horrible reality show stuff (I mean, Black Out? Seriously?!) and the Ghost Hunters (in it's infinite incarnations) and the competition shows, and I find myself yearning for something like Space-- that's all sci-fi, all the time.

They have the ability to reach a quickly growing and expanding fan base, but they're not putting out anything that really seems to click. The actual dramatic series they do have could technically be dark fantasy rather than actual sci-fi.

And do not get me started on the wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    For me, it's not that I'm mad at SyFy, but rather disappointed. Regardless of the details surrounding what happened to Sanctuary, I see the type of shows they're putting out there now-- so much of it is leaning towards the horrible reality show stuff (I mean, Black Out? Seriously?!) and the Ghost Hunters (in it's infinite incarnations) and the competition shows, and I find myself yearning for something like Space-- that's all sci-fi, all the time.

They have the ability to reach a quickly growing and expanding fan base, but they're not putting out anything that really seems to click. The actual dramatic series they do have could technically be dark fantasy rather than actual sci-fi.

And in this corner we have selene....oops didn't mean to get you started
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't get mad at skiffy for their programming choices....i just change the channel.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amanda about the Leos

Hey Beauties! Thank you for all the positive love and support. @RobinDunne and I had a blast hosting the Leo Awards. Great to see everyone!
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

New tweet from Amanda:

Sitting on the beach with my little one. Talking about mermaids and pirates. Bliss. Xo http://twitter.com/amandatapping/sta...021312/photo/1
                          I think she deserves a well-earned rest
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

It seems to be that beyond Syfy, in entertainment in general (TV/Films/novels/etc), there is currently a trend toward more fantasy/superhero type programming and away from 'traditional' sci-fi/space type shows/movies.

In the last several years we've had Twilight, Harry Potter, LOTR, True Blood, Game of Thrones and countless superhero movies. The only major scifi films of the last decade I can recall at the moment are Avatar, the Star Wars prequels, and the Matrix trilogy, and of scifi TV, the only recent successes that come to mind are BSG, Fringe, Lost, Doctor Who and the Stargate franchise.

If anything has a quickly growing and expanding fan base today I'd have to say it's dark fantasy/paranormal/superhero type shows and movies rather than 'traditional' scifi, so it's no wonder that that's Syfy and other channels/studios are putting their money. Much to my chagrin, I know far more people who love stuff like Twilight and reality TV than stuff like Stargate or Sanctuary.

I'm with Sky, I don't like the programming, I just change the channel.

sigpic

Comment

Skipping Skippie's channel is a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                It seems to be that beyond Syfy, in entertainment in general (TV/Films/novels/etc), there is currently a trend toward more fantasy/superhero type programming and away from 'traditional' sci-fi/space type shows/movies.

In the last several years we've had Twilight, Harry Potter, LOTR, True Blood, Game of Thrones and countless superhero movies. The only major scifi films of the last decade I can recall at the moment are Avatar, the Star Wars prequels, and the Matrix trilogy, and of scifi TV, the only recent successes that come to mind are BSG, Fringe, Lost, Doctor Who and the Stargate franchise.

If anything has a quickly growing and expanding fan base today I'd have to say it's dark fantasy/paranormal/superhero type shows and movies rather than 'traditional' scifi, so it's no wonder that that's Syfy and other channels/studios are putting their money. Much to my chagrin, I know far more people who love stuff like Twilight and reality TV than stuff like Stargate or Sanctuary.

I'm with Sky, I don't like the programming, I just change the channel.
                                Don't forget Prometheus, the prequel to the Alien movies coming out this summer ...it actually has a space ship
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X