Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Right I have remembered a few snippets

Fave guest star - Dan Callista (is that spelt right - the Simpsons chap) Apparently he played a simpsons scene out for the cast doing all the different voices
    She visited the Coronation street set before the con and had a great time - got to pull a pint at the rovers, but was too shy to speak to any of the cast.
    She misses Carmen - we knew that though!
    the worst thing about her career - at the moment being tired but thats all,
    the best thing - getting to meet people especially at the cons
    If she wasn't an actor she would like to be a doctor if she didn't have to make a living - a doctor doing overseas charity work or be in a circus (went on to explain how her eldest brother ran away to a circus for a month. Only a month as he was cleaning out the elephant stalls and got a bit fed up with it!!)
    Thankyou Coley! It's nice to hear all these little snippets. I'm happy because even though I could never have possibly gone to Gabit, I've got super great people like you folks who did go, and are willing to share it with us.

Hope you and everyone else gets home safely!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i wouldn't like the sam-mckay ship angle either. and even if i weren't a sam/jack shipper, i'd still not want her with mckay. he was a jerk to her 99 percent of the time he was around her. how can that be romantic?

sally
      While I've grown to like Rodney on Atlantis, he really was a jerk to Sam on SG-1. THerefore this is the only problem I would have with her being on Atlantis. The man does seem to be just a little obsessed with her.
      But then, I'm obsessed with her too . In a different way though.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

As an aside Amanda looked absolutley fantastic.
        She looks about 30 not 40 and she is so slender
        She radiates. She was laughing and joking all the time, putting herself down, acting the fool. She had us rolling around in our seats
        She is a comedien, so good she could do stand up - seriously!She was gracious to everybody
        She hugged all the people that needed a hug from her
        She was endless in her patience
        She is natural and down to earth and everything everyone else has said about her in a positive light is true - and yes gooey though it may sound she actually does inspire you to want to be a better person
        She is that sweet!!!
        Well in short she pretty much couldn't have been any better
        And the best thing, I think she enjoy's it just as much as the fans do. And she enjoy's it not for all the praise she gets from people, but because she can give something back to them.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Holy Frell but you lot sure do talk a lot! Sorry my lack of posting has worried some (if any at all ). I've been busy the last couple of days...that and I don't feel that it's fair that RCC and other PTB have been blasted so due to the news from Amanda.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel for Amanda, to have to contact her bosses to find out what's going on, but we don't know that RCC didn't want to talk to her, or if he just got to busy and forgot, in fact, we only know Amanda's side.

Maybe RCC & TPTB have so many ideas for Sam that they don't know which way to go and that's why he told Amanda that he/they didn't know what to do with Sam. It's just as unfair to bash TPTB as it is to bash another character, I thought Samandans were "above" such things. Maybe I was wrong and it's ok to bash TPTB but not other characters.

Don't be offended if I haven't replied to anyone since my last post...I don't have the time or energy to schlep through all those pages. I'm a lazy bugger. LOL

Oh yeah, I haven't the time or energy nor do I remember where I left off - to search the past few pages to see if anyone replied to my last reply, so don't take it personally if I didn't respond to ya.
          Don't hate me, just trying to do my job as Royal Ambassador...as far as I'm concerned it carries over to TPTB as well as other characters. It should be about the "love" not the "hate", period.

Don't be offended if I haven't replied to anyone since my last post...I don't have the time or energy to schlep through all those pages. I'm a lazy bugger. LOL
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            Aw, I love that.

From the Beginning
            That's gorgeous! That would be one which that person who was asking about Sam/Gate pics would love too.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I wish I could say that time has sanded off the rough edges, but sadly it has not.

This is...it seems to me...an active effort to kill SG-1. For me, Carter is an integral character to what made SG-1 special. Without her, it's just...SG-whatever.

What's funny is reading posts by people who like Sam or kinda like her, she might not be their favorite but they get what she's worth, and they hate this too.

If they want to have all Vala and minimize Sam then that's what they'll do and they'll lose me and a plethora of other longtime viewers who imagine tuning in on Friday and seeing the opening credits with CB featured and AT as a recurring and turn several shades of red at this mental image. I don't see why they can't both be there actively contributing to the show.

This is seriously a show killing idea. I have to do something. I can't stand by and watch them shove the cyanide capsules into the show's mouth and do nothing.

Now I'm not suggesting anything along the SDJ mindset...but there should be some sort of organized effort to at least get TPTB of whatever entity...Bridge, Sony, whatever...to see this is a SHOW KILLING IDEA. I know this might just be an exercise in futility because they'll do whatever they want...but I have to do something.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

It is the creation cons she is headlining - at least that is what the thread title says in the news forum.

Are there other cons???
                Coley there are a number of Cons in the US. Some of them are fan run such as Shore Leave, Dixie Trek, etc. Others are run by companies such as Creation Entertainment.

Two years ago AT, CJ, & MS were the headliners for the Creation Stargate Cons, AT did all of the but the NJ Con which she had to pull out of due to filming (I think it was when she did Proof Positive). Last year MS & CJ headlined the cons and they were billed as "The Boys Are Back In Town". Looks like next CB will be on of the main guests at their cons. CJ has said he did not want to do any cons next year because he wanted to spend weekends of from filming with his family. MS said at the last con I saw him at that he would be scaling back on his con appearances next year as well.

The one con that the studio/network does send the actors to is Comic Con because that is such a huge con (over 95,000 this year). This is a con that many studios put a lot into promoting new and existing shows. They did not announce until a few weeks before this years Comic Con that the entire Staragte cast except MS would be in attendance. MS already had a con booked for the weekend.

While other cons are usually not mandated by the studio/network they have been known to step in when they get negitive feedback from the cons. An example was the language that several actors were using while on stage and the drinking go on in public - the studio/network steped in and told them they need to change how they acted in public because they were getting some really negitive feedback about certain actors.

The Creation Entertainment will book both new and past members of the cast for their cons. But as sky has already ready said they are a business and they book who they feel will bring in the people. Claudia is not able to do this years Frascape Con in three weeks but she is a big draw at US cons so it is not a surprise they have booked her for next year. AT is also a big draw at the Stargate cons and if she would do their cons next year I'm sure there would be some promoting which featured them both.

Having gone to both fan run and business run cons I can tell you they both have there plus's and minus's. If the GABIT con had been any other time than in the fall when my work schedule is the crazist I would have gone. I do hope they schedule another one and make it at a different time of the year, however I also am fully aware that it had to be scheduled when it would work best for AT. I'm really glad you and all those in attendance had such a wonderful time.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                  Yesterday, and even earlier today, I was thinking of subscribing to this thread because I (thought I was) am a big fan of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping -- apparently she was in an episode of "Due South" but I can't remember which episode and don't recall seeing her but I'm a big fan of "Due South" so this tid bit I always remember. After reading the past posts from yesterday, I don't think I even hit the posts from today and I've been reading for two or three HOURS!, there's no way I'm subscribing. I don't back anything I've read thus far ... Instead I'm just left with my mouth hanging open with the hate I'm reading here.

Because AT/SC MIGHT be split between two shows, you aren't going to watch either? And Atlantis sucks, you don't watch it but it must suck because you don't watch it ... Or is it because Sam and Jack aren't in it that it sucks? I can't keep track anymore. I didn't realize the name of the show was actually "Stargate: Sam and Jack" ... I'm really new to the show so maybe that's just my shortsightedness. I thought it was the writing that really made the show, again I'm new.

:: Shaking her head :: Just ... :: Continues to shake her head in disbelief ::

Adrianne
                  I'm very sorry you've gotten this impression of our little thread. I'm not sure what we said to make you think these things. I hope you are the only one who thinks them. I would hate it if we were giving everyone out there the same impression. Some of the things you said were pretty mean, especially so considering I haven't read anything here to make me feel that way.
                  I like Atlantis, and I like SG-1. I even like season 9 to a degree, but it's definitely changing in style.
                  Fact is, maybe Sam just doesn't fit into this new style. I don't think she does. I'd rather they moved her to Atlantis than have them try to transform her character to fit in with the new style (god forbid that that should ever happen ).
                  I like Sam and Jack, but I'm not a shipper and ship is not the only thing I see in a program.
                  The thing is, Samanda has always been made up of a wonderfully diverse mix of fans. Because we cater to everyone, not just one category. I'm upset that you're making out we're all just a homogenised group. It's our individuality and separate opinions, our ability to respect each others separate opinions, that make this place what it is.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hey y'all it's me! Yeah I know, I havn't been 'round for, ...... ages! sorry! But I did think about Amanda and GABIT I hope we can see pictures of the event very soon.

About Amanda's possible apearence on both shows, my first reaction was, OK, we get Less Amanda, but show's wise, better. Why, Our Sam, in the Great city of Atlantis, it's an honour for SGA. I'm glad we still have Sam. They maybe bring Vala back, ok I think I like Vala (but not so much as Sam). But I can't see Vala as a part of SG-1.

I also heared Amanda's maybe gonna act a new Canadian serie, I forgot the title, lol! Good luck Amanda with that change! Ya know folks, it's a new step in her acting talent (don't read: it's ok after leavin' Stargate) That's not what I said, I think it's fantastic to have a season 10 and who know's 11. But Sam's the best military scientist of the world (and McKay the 2nd, well civil scientist than) in my opinion, but I read what that new show is about and it's also great to express your fealings like, anger, jealousy. I mean in acting, gettin' angry and who know's what is part of acting, don't see it as me ok-- ing anger and killing, oh no, hic comitas regit! But in acting and playing a person who can explode sometimes ... Hope ya understand what I'm tryin' to say here

I try to post more "stuff" here soon, who knows give links to pictures taken AT the GABIT event of last weekend.

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Okay I did a little looking around and found a little information about the movie with Christian Slater.

"The Foursome"

Rampage Entertainment will produce their eleventh movie this October. The feature film is the adaptation of the highly successful Canadian play by Norman Foster "THE FOURSOME". This very funny golf comedy, written by Jackson Davies, brings together four friends at their twentieth year college reunion, stars Christian Slater ("TRUE ROMANCE", "INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE", "WINDTALKERS") and will be directed by William Dear ("ANGLES IN THE OUTFIELD", "HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS"). Carrie Wheeler, who joined the Rampage umbrella last January, is scheduled to Produce under Wilding's wing.

Full Article
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Strix

I just don't think Amanda would be happy if we all ripped into Rob Cooper - that is for her to do if she wants to, I think she was letting us know that if there is a changed role for Sam next season, if she does sign - it was nothing to do with her!!!! She obviously wasn't happy with how it happened, but didn't tell the story in the wat that was asking for support or sympathy but very matter of factly and with a "deals that get done behind closed doors" sort of way. I think she was surprised she was so out of the loop with what was happening with her character. She didn't moan beyond that - and made it clear she has other work lined up - wasn't asking for sympathy at all but poss making it clear she can stand on her own 2 acting feet IMO!!!

AND if SG1 does go for a Burton (down the tube) it will help her if she has regular work on Atlantis.

Not good that they didn't discuss with her, but doesn't mean they have bad intentions
                        I totally agree with the own two feet part! I don't think Amanda would ever, ever, ever want us to start a campaign for her character. She's got her own idea of what she wants to do, I'm sure, and in some ways I think she was giving fans advanced warning so they wouldn't overreact and do something like what happened for Daniel's character. Give the woman a chance, let her fight for herself. She's strong enough, and probably doesn't want her fans interfering on her behalf. I think, knowing how much Amanda puts herself down and all that, she'd feel really really bad if fans tried to influence TPTB.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

As an aside Amanda looked absolutley fantastic.
                          She looks about 30 not 40 and she is so slender
                          She radiates. She was laughing and joking all the time, putting herself down, acting the fool. She had us rolling around in our seats
                          She is a comedien, so good she could do stand up - seriously!She was gracious to everybody
                          She hugged all the people that needed a hug from her
                          She was endless in her patience
                          She is natural and down to earth and everything everyone else has said about her in a positive light is true - and yes gooey though it may sound she actually does inspire you to want to be a better person
                          She is that sweet!!!
                          Well in short she pretty much couldn't have been any better
                          OK, my turn...

I'd just like to echo my learned friend's comments. I'll admit to being a pretty cynical bloke at the best of times, but this weekend found that Amanda was everything I'd been led to believe she was, and more. Sheer class, grace, and beauty, showing a care and commitment to her fans second only to the care and commitment dedicated to her daughter and family.

It's tough to pick a favourite moment from the weekend, but I think it would have to be during the Charity Auction, when Amanda modelled a costume from Emancipation (no AD, not that costume... ), sashaying up and down the hall like a catwalk supermodel. Priceless.
                          Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 31 October 2005, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Right before I toddle off to bed I just want to end on a positive note and say the con experience was a pleasure. Amanda looked and sounded very happy with where she is in life at the moment - lets focus on that - and I had a wonderful time meeting fellow amanda fans and especially:- CG and her daughter (who 1speed and myself hung around with all weekend [CG's daughter is so much like Amanda - so funny, friendly, clever and witty]) Kat - a lovely gentle eloquent soul - and Dipsofjazz - such a warm friendly happy Scot. It was a delight and pleasure to meet you all and speak to you in person - thanks for making my weekend!!
                            This is what makes Samanda, not only the love for Amanda, but the love for fellow Samandans. Cheers for posting that Coley.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              I totally agree with the own two feet part! I don't think Amanda would ever, ever, ever want us to start a campaign for her character. She's got her own idea of what she wants to do, I'm sure, and in some ways I think she was giving fans advanced warning so they wouldn't overreact and do something like what happened for Daniel's character. Give the woman a chance, let her fight for herself. She's strong enough, and probably doesn't want her fans interfering on her behalf. I think, knowing how much Amanda puts herself down and all that, she'd feel really really bad if fans tried to influence TPTB.
                              I agree...I have no interest in something freaky like a SDJ thing.

But it's like we're given this information of what TPTB are thinking of doing...and I don't even necessarily mean Bridge. I sense Sony and SciFi here predominantly with Bridge squarely in the middle...and I just can't sit by and watch them kill my favorite show.

I have to say or do something...but let it be SANE, PRODUCTIVE and above all else...DIGNIFIED.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

And now, my fellow Samandans, by way of light relief, allow me to share some pictures of the star turn at the recent “Open Mic Night” held to celebrate SaGC’s 1000 page / 20000 post milestones.

Apologies for the poor quality images (small camera / back of hall syndrome), but hopefully our star’s grace, beauty, and vivaciousness will shine through the shonky photography.

Feel free to make up your own gags / captions.

Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 31 October 2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X