No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an aside Amanda looked absolutley fantastic.
    She looks about 30 not 40 and she is so slender
    She radiates. She was laughing and joking all the time, putting herself down, acting the fool. She had us rolling around in our seats
    She is a comedien, so good she could do stand up - seriously!She was gracious to everybody
    She hugged all the people that needed a hug from her
    She was endless in her patience
    She is natural and down to earth and everything everyone else has said about her in a positive light is true - and yes gooey though it may sound she actually does inspire you to want to be a better person
    She is that sweet!!!
    Well in short she pretty much couldn't have been any better

Comment

Coley,

I'm sure Amanda wouldn't be mad at what goes on the front page of GW since she herself announced the news in a public forum in front of fans. She knows how the Internet works and that the news would spread like wildfire.

I'm getting anxious to hear what else she talked about during her talks. Are you going to post more aobut that or do you know of anyone who's posted about that? I'm sure she talked about more than her contract issues!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
        Coley,

I'm sure Amanda wouldn't be mad at what goes on the front page of GW since she herself announced the news in a public forum in front of fans. She knows how the Internet works and that the news would spread like wildfire.

I'm getting anxious to hear what else she talked about during her talks. Are you going to post more aobut that or do you know of anyone who's posted about that? I'm sure she talked about more than her contract issues!
        Mmmm thanks for your take, you may be right
        Just didn't expect our posts to be used like this, they could have least asked. I stand by what was reported though. It is what Amanda said - hard though it may be to believe she would be treated in this way

Amanda said lots but actually mainly joked around. She spent hardly any time on the other matter - just talked about it at the beginning.

I think we will get our heads around what to posts when all the others have got back accross the pond

Comment

Before I start I want to say one thing: I´m not a Samandan or a Sam and Jack shipper, I´m a Stargate fan who likes Jack most and despite I agree that the idea of a (sexual) relationship between Sam and Jack had some potential, the "warrior brothers relationship" between Jack and Teal´c and the friendship between Jack and Daniel was as much important to me and if I´m honest I often preferd this relationships to the doom and gloom that was "Sam and Jack" much to often for me. Maybe this makes me unwelcome here. I don´t know it.
          But what I want say is that I´m very shocked about what´s the producers now do to Amanda Tapping (and Sam Carter). It´s bad for the show out of so many reasons: Not only was AT for 9 years an integral part of the show without Sam the SG 1 looses another important member. For me is it as if Stargate has lost first it´s heart (Jack) and now it´s mind (Sam) and I don´t see how someone like Vala can fill this gap. Sam was in my opinion a great role model as soldier, as scientist and as a good friend for her comrades to replace her by Vala Maldoran who is just a criminal (and not even a likeable one) who only excuse to be in the show is that she wears skimpy leather outfits and talks constandly about sex, makes me feel sick.

And I don´t want to start talking about what I think about the treatmant of AT. After 9 years I had atleast expected that they show her some courtesy and don´t treat her like an used prop.
          If I was her I would take one of the roles she had talked about and bring as much room between myself and this show as posibly.

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
          I believe that the current situation with AT has been in the works for awhile. If you think about the deplorable way that they have treated RDA's departure from the show it shows what they are capable of. I think that RDA had a great deal of say in what happened on Stargate. MS and CJ let things slip this year with certain comments. I also believe that there was a split of sorts in Stargate personnel. Those who wanted to keep status quo and whose who wanted the "new and improved Stargate." The changes that have taken place this year are more than a change in characters. Think of the lack of Air Force protocol, crude humor, more overt violence. Sam just doesn't fit into the new Stargate world. Why would TPTB think that anyone would care if there was less or no Sam. We all gave up Jack so easily. Yes, RDA had a legitimate reason for leaving but he didn't get the recognition from either the writers or the fans for 8 years of portrayal of the central character of the show. By accepting Season 9 we have in fact dug our own graves. When people tried to complain they were branded traitors. When they asked about Jack they were told to "leave the man alone." Maybe the person who started the thread that "Stargate will be over if RDA doesn't return or TPTB pull their heads out of their butts" had a point.
          I agree to all what you say. I now it´s a kind of taboo about what I talk here: but could we be absolutly sure that, that was we heard about RDA´s retirement from the show is the complet truth???
          Don´t understand me wrong I know that RDA want´s more time for his daughter and that´s is something I not only understand but think it´s great but the things he said in interviews don´t gave me the feel that he wanted completly cut all connections to the show. I can remember that he said he would like to a appear in a movie and Michael Greenburg I had read talked about 4 appearances in Season 9 (and envisioned in this interview an completly different season 9 than that what we have now, a season that had still had a close connection to the first 8 seasons) strangly is that´s Michael Greenburg left the show, too. I mean when he wanted to leave togehter with RDA why he had made plans for season 9?

I know this was very much of topic but I have more and more the feeling that there happens much more behind the stages of the show than it´s told to us. And I think the disrespectfull treatment of AT is a part of it.
          Last edited by Kirara; 31 October 2005, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Oh my, I've been trying to catch up with the thread but it seems to get longer as I read. Unforutnately I'm about to check out of our current hotel and begin my vacation so I'm not sure I'll have internet connection for the next week (depends on how expensive it is in the next hotel or not).

My biggest highlights of the weekend:

1. I met AMANDA!!!

2. I met some of my fellow Samandans and Gaterworlders( Chopin Gal, Coley, 1speed4Sam, DipsofJazz, Kliggins, Baggie, Mal, Flippy18, Seabee to name a few) as well as some really wonderful Amanda/Sam fans from all over the world.

3. We set two Guiness world records and Amanda participated! If our record holds till the next book is published, it will be in the Guiness Book of World Records that Amanda Tapping fans are a crazy bunch of people.

4. Gabit raised over L5000 for Amanda's charity 'Hearing Dogs' during the weekends auction and raffles. It was enough to actually pay for the entire training program for one hearing dog.

5. I actually overcame my own fears of flying to participate in a weekend I will truly never forget. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have expected this weekend to be so fun. This was a weekend of firsts for me: my first con, my first overseas trip, my first time meeting Amanda. I think the G4's did a fantastic job with this con to make it enjoyable for everyone involved. I can't wait till the next one.

I'm sorry I don't have time to post more, but I really wish I could have taped the weekend for you all to really show you how truly fun the weekend was.

Hugs,
            Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              I think we will get our heads around what to posts when all the others have got back accross the pond
              You know, this isn't the first time I've heard this. In all seriousness, did everyone over there decide not to post anything unless checking with the others first? I mean, there's nothing wrong with *you* telling us what went on unless you don't want to for some reason. And that's fine. You're probably tired and/or don't remember anything specific. I know what cons are like. I was just wondering why everyone seems to be deferring to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
                Before I start I want to say one thing: I´m not a Samandan or a Sam and Jack shipper, I´m a Stargate fan who likes Jack most and despite I agree that the idea of a (sexual) relationship between Sam and Jack had some potential, the "warrior brothers relationship" between Jack and Teal´c and the friendship between Jack and Daniel was as much important to me and if I´m honest I often preferd this relationships to the doom and gloom that was "Sam and Jack" much to often for me. Maybe this makes me unwelcome here. I don´t know it.
                But what I want say is that I´m very shocked about what´s the producers now do to Amanda Tapping (and Sam Carter). It´s bad for the show out of so many reasons: Not only was AT for 9 years an integral part of the show without Sam the SG 1 looses another important member. For me is it as if Stargate has lost first it´s heart (Jack) and now it´s mind (Sam) and I don´t see how someone like Vala can fill this gap. Sam was in my opinion a great role model as soldier, as scientist and as a good friend for her comrades to replace her by Vala Maldoran who is just a criminal (and not even a likeable one) who only excuse to be in the show is that she wears skimpy leather outfits and talks constandly about sex, makes me feel sick.

And I don´t want to start talking about what I think about the treatmant of AT. After 9 years I had atleast expected that they show her some courtesy and don´t treat her like an used prop.
                If I was her I would take one of the roles she had talked about and bring as much room between myself and this show as posibly.

I agree to all what you say. I now it´s a kind of taboo about what I talk here: but could we be absolutly sure that, that was we heard about RDA´s retirement from the show is the complet truth???
                Don´t understand me wrong I know that RDA want´s more time for his daughter and that´s is something I not only understand but think it´s great but the things he said in interviews don´t gave me the feel that he wanted completly cut all connections to the show. I can remember that he said he would like to a appear in a movie and Michael Greenburg I had read talked about 4 appearances in Season 9 (and envisioned in this interview an completly different season 9 than that what we have now, a season that had still had a close connection to the first 8 seasons) strangly is that´s Michael Greenburg left the show, too. I mean when he wanted to leave togehter with RDA why he had made plans for season 9?

I know this was very much of topic but I have more and more the feeling that there happens much more behind the stages of the show than it´s told to us. And I think the disrespectfull treatment of AT is a part of it.
                Nice post!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  You know, this isn't the first time I've heard this. In all seriousness, did everyone over there decide not to post anything unless checking with the others first? I mean, there's nothing wrong with *you* telling us what went on unless you don't want to for some reason. And that's fine. You're probably tired and/or don't remember anything specific. I know what cons are like. I was just wondering why everyone seems to be deferring to someone else.
                  No my mind is a blurred mess - I didn't sleep last night - My poor dog was bewildered at being left with a dog sitter for the first time so I spent the night on a guilt trip because of the constant hang dog expressions he tossed my way!!

Gosh I can just remember she laughed at herself a lot and joked, so there wasn't much new information at all apart from what has been posted about the contract and her other work offers.

I need to disuss with others so we can jog each others memory!!

She is just a class lady, I was a bit sceptical before I went down - but no more she has my greatest respect and admiration as an actor and now as an individual

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Have a read of this post over at the forums at amandatapping.com
                    How great is she???
                    Do we have to answer this question? She is amazing!!!!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Lurker here, popping out for just a moment. You know, I'm trying to think positive here - and having Amanda on both SG1 & Atlantis is a good thing. Sooner or later SG1 will end, and Amanda will possibly be a firm character on Atlantis - so there's a good chance that we'll continue seeing her on a regular basis - unlike Special SG1 stars pulled in for very special episodes (to boost ratings during sweeps periods).

Least I'm trying to think positive - even though the deaths of certain recurring characters has left me feeling rather annoyed with the show.

Helena

sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                      Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Since folks have asked for this i'll post addresses for those wishing to write snail mail letters

Scifi Channel
                        30 Rockefeller Plaza
                        New York, NY 10112

MGM
                        2500 Broadway Street
                        Santa Monica CA, 90404

Bridge Studios
                        2400 Boundary Road
                        Burnaby, BC, Canada
                        V5M 3Z3

In all cases i would write
                        Attentiontargate

so that they know how to route things

And folks, negativity and hate mail is not a good thing. And all it does is get things tossed in the trash. And it's not what amanda would want.

If you want to write to show your support, cool. If you don't, cool.

I'm not posting this to start anything, i'm just posting it because folks have asked
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          Yeah , Gillian Anderson lives in London most of the time ..She appeared in a play in the west end 2 years ago .Now I'm not really sure what she is up too but she looked very happy last time she spoke after her west end play

Caty
                          Gillian Anderson can currently be seen in the BBC adaptation of Bleak House which is being shown two nights a week on BBC 1 and repeated again on Sundays. I'm sure it will end up being show overseas at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                            it is set in the town of Whistler (Whistler mountain) which is near, or in, Vancouver, I think;

they talk about the talent pool in Vancouver being very deep and that it will be filmed in Langley which I am assuming is near Vancouver (someone from Canada can confirm or correct please) which is where Stargate is filmed and where AT lives now so if my guess is right she and her family will NOT have to uproot and move away from her home;
                            Yes, Whistler is a major ski resort not far from Vancouver.

Langley is also in B.C., and is south-east of Vancouver (about 30 miles on the highway from Vancouver).
                            Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Quick fly by post as I'm not at my usual office location:

Thanks to all those GABITeers who posted their experiences from the Con! It was like I was nearly there. I'm excited that you guys and gals had a wonderful time.

Congratulations to the 1,000th page and 20,000th posts! Samandans rock!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Right I have remembered a few snippets

Fave guest star - Dan Callista (is that spelt right - the Simpsons chap) Apparently he played a simpsons scene out for the cast doing all the different voices
                                She visited the Coronation street set before the con and had a great time - got to pull a pint at the rovers, but was too shy to speak to any of the cast.
                                She misses Carmen - we knew that though!
                                the worst thing about her career - at the moment being tired but thats all,
                                the best thing - getting to meet people especially at the cons
                                If she wasn't an actor she would like to be a doctor if she didn't have to make a living - a doctor doing overseas charity work or be in a circus (went on to explain how her eldest brother ran away to a circus for a month. Only a month as he was cleaning out the elephant stalls and got a bit fed up with it!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X