Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siles View Post
    I'm probably in minority, but I can't see Amanda on NCIS; what most of you are basically saying is that she could have played Jamie Lee Curtis's kind of role; problem is that Amanda for all our respect and love for her, is not a big, mainstream name. If I were to ask 100 of my friends and colleagues 99 would probably don't know her by name or don't know her at all
    Hey, they had Rachel Luttrell on the show. And Robin Dunne. And Torri Higginson (she had multiple episodes). So it is possible. And how many people knew the chick who played Agent Barret, or whatever the heck her name was? And I'm pretty sure Liza Lapira would never have gotten her role on Dollhouse if she hadn't done NCIS first. Oh! And the guy who played Jonas Hanson was on just last week! Who the heck knows who he is?

And what's fun is that many guest actors tend to do several shows within the network. So maybe she could appear on Criminal Minds too! She could totally pull of a serial killer. (And I say that because even though she would rock the alternative, it would just break my heart to see her play a victim...) And then she could stop by Ellen on her way out. Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Hey, they had Rachel Luttrell on the show. And Robin Dunne. And Torri Higginson (she had multiple episodes). So it is possible. And how many people knew the chick who played Agent Barret, or whatever the heck her name was? And I'm pretty sure Liza Lapira would never have gotten her role on Dollhouse if she hadn't done NCIS first. Oh! And the guy who played Jonas Hanson was on just last week! Who the heck knows who he is?

And what's fun is that many guest actors tend to do several shows within the network. So maybe she could appear on Criminal Minds too! She could totally pull of a serial killer. (And I say that because even though she would rock the alternative, it would just break my heart to see her play a victim...) And then she could stop by Ellen on her way out. Hee hee!
      Well, I think Amanda will do less and less roles and move into a behind the camera position

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Spoiler:
        Woah. Got up, got ready for work, tummy decided that perhaps it was not ready to be chained (via headset) to a phone. Came back upstairs, went back to bed, woke up 6 hours later.

BTW: Jan, don't think I don't know it's you who sent this weather. I'm watching you.
        (((suse))) I hates wonky tummys.
        Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Of course AT is gracious but, seriously, she has over 60,000 followers so unreasonable for people to expect her to respond to all their tweets.
        I find it weird when people actually ask for hugs & tweets & personal messages - I just like to ask random questions & if they get answered then cool - if not, then bugger me!!
        I've mentioned this somewhere on Gateworld, but I'll reiterate, because the idea is just so cool.
        I think Amanda would be awesome on NCIS, and here's why:
        -She's classy
        -She's tough
        -She's smart
        -She's hot
        -She's mysterious
        What do you guys think?
        So basically Amanda would really be good not just on NCIS but...anything & everything??
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I'd love to see Amanda play a baddie One that Gibbs just can't crack and her intelligence keeps her from getting caught...leading up to...multiple appearances
        Uh huh...me too...absolutely...definitely.
        Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
        I want a group gab session with Amanda Tapping, Teryl Rothery & Marg Helgenberger.
        1. just because all of their giggling would be multiplied x3

as for that video of the special panel at Armaggedon 2011 - I just had to chuckle at AT's reference to her "long-suffering husband, Alan". Yeah, poor guy.
        I'd love a group gab session with anyone who has kids...not that I am implying that anyone without children isn't worth gabbing with but I love talking about kids...and hubby's...always makes me laugh when we yak about our kids 7 men.
        I just don't have a lot of friends with kids so sharing info and the like is not something I get to do often & to be honest, it's hard to not talk about my kids.

At the Arma dinner with Amanda...and I'm sure I shared this once before...she said she had been married for 22 years - I quietly reminded her that she was actually indeed married for 17 years.
        My hubby has says all husbands are "long suffering" after 17 years of marriage - we'll be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary in July - if he behaves! I'm not sure who suffers more.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          So basically Amanda would really be good not just on NCIS but...anything & everything??
          Well, uh. YEAH!!!! I thought everyone knew that... XD

And you corrected AT on how long she'd been married. That's ballsy... Heheheheh...

Comment

I've mentioned this somewhere on Gateworld, but I'll reiterate, because the idea is just so cool.

I think Amanda would be awesome on NCIS, and here's why:

-She's classy (considering she was able to pull off Magnus so well), which means she'd be wonderful with Ducky. She could be another doctor, or shrink (just done with Jamie Lee Curtis, I know) or even just some kind of academic personality.

-She's tough, which means that she would be great for Ziva to bond with.

-She's smart, which means that McGee would probably be impressed with her, one way or another. And she's quirky enough to play a button-down character who also happens to play those elf-lord games.

-She's hot, which means that Tony will fall for her, and fall hard. But to reiterate point number one, she's also classy, which means she wouldn't give him the time of day, except to tease a bit. And Tony will be out of his mind with obsession for the episode.

-She's mysterious. Or at least, she can be, which means that Gibbs would be intrigued by her. And she really is beautiful which means that, yes I wouldn't mind seeing her be a love interest for him. Or at the very least, a good-friends interest like him and that USCG agent are. Borin, was it? They had a good dynamic.

I kind of have this idea of AT's NCIS character being very mysterious. They'd be not quite sure whether she was a good guy or a bad guy, but she'd be dangerously good-natured and amiable. Basically, I'd like to see her weaponize that innate knack of hers to make friends and put people at ease. It'd be an interesting twist for her to play, I think.

What do you guys think?
            I totally love the idea of Amanda guesting on NCIS and being a character loved/admired by everyone for different reasons. But I also like the suggestion of her playing a baddie - a genius criminal mind to match wits against Gibbs (and could have multiple episodes). Another thing I'd love - if for some reason she was undercover and was playing a role similar to her one in Stuck - an overtly sexy, heroin addict. Actually, what would be fun/funny is if she played an actress. Lots of avenues there! If she played someone similar to Amanda herself (known mainly for scifi), McGee (McGeek) would be the uber-fan. Or maybe she has had a well-rounded career almost everyone has seen her and liked her as different characters (Ziva would like her action-hero roles, Ducky would appreciate her playing some sort of doctor, etc.).

Others cited many examples of Stargate folks who have guest starred on NCIS in the past. Claudia Black guest starred once and Jessica Steen (I think that's her name - the woman who originally played Weir on SG-1) guest starred a few times on NCIS. It isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I want a group gab session with Amanda Tapping, Teryl Rothery & Marg Helgenberger.
            1. just because all of their giggling would be multiplied x3
            2. so they can chat about some of the same people they've worked with -
            AT/MH = RDA, Tony Amendola, Ronny Cox, etc
            TR/MH = Nicholas Lea
            I'm a big fan of Marg Helgenberger from CSI, but I've never seen anything behind the scenes on that show. Is she a giggler? I wouldn't have imagined that! I totally should have thought of Teryl Rothery! She and Amanda would be fun together, too!!!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Well, uh. YEAH!!!! I thought everyone knew that... XD
              And you corrected AT on how long she'd been married. That's ballsy... Heheheheh...
              Yeah, well it wasn't exactly correcting her so much as it was...well reminding her...I think. Strangely i'm not that afraid to ask the weird stuff or say it like it is...like why she always seems to end up wet - re Stargate & Sanctuary eps.
              Still, I get so freaky nervous to the lead up when it comes to meeting Amanda - I only hope it gets easier with time.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                Others cited many examples of Stargate folks who have guest starred on NCIS in the past. Claudia Black guest starred once and Jessica Steen (I think that's her name - the woman who originally played Weir on SG-1) guest starred a few times on NCIS. It isn't out of the realm of possibility.
                Torri Higginson, Don S. Davis, and Rachel Luttrell have all guest starred on NCIS. Maybe one or two others I'm not remembering at the moment.

Comment

Yeah, well it wasn't exactly correcting her so much as it was...well reminding her...I think. Strangely i'm not that afraid to ask the weird stuff or say it like it is...like why she always seems to end up wet - re Stargate & Sanctuary eps.
                  Still, I get so freaky nervous to the lead up when it comes to meeting Amanda - I only hope it gets easier with time.
                  Hehe, in the VIP panel at the NZ Arma con, she made that same mistake, saying she's been married for 22 years, then corrected herself saying she's been married for 17 years. And as for the getting wet stuff... I don't ask questions when it comes to that.

I met her 3 times at DC, but the second photo-op I was really nervous because that's when I realized I forgot to leave her the box for the snow globe. I asked people what I should do, then I met Jill, and asked her if she could make sure Amanda got the box, and she said yes. I also told Amanda and said sorry about the box, and she gave me a hug and told me it's OK.

Comment

A little bit OT... When I logged on there was a holding page to say that there was an update going on. When it came back, I found that when you click on the link to go to the next unread message, it went straight there - like it used to. It was a minor inconvenience, but it was b****y annoying.

I'm just sayin'.

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      I'm a big fan of Marg Helgenberger from CSI, but I've never seen anything behind the scenes on that show. Is she a giggler? I wouldn't have imagined that! I totally should have thought of Teryl Rothery! She and Amanda would be fun together, too!!!
                      oh, yeah. Marg is definitely a giggler, but mainly when she's nervous in interviews. And her laugh is loud & raucous. She's very similar to Amanda in how the main characters they've played (Marg as Catherine on CSI & KC on China Beach; AT as Carter & Magnus) have been quite serious, but their real personalities are more on the comedic side - even though MH is still a bit more reserved than AT.

I find it weird when people actually ask for hugs & tweets & personal messages - I just like to ask random questions & if they get answered then cool - if not, then bugger me!!
                      Amen! That always bugs the crap out of me. It seems too stalker-ish. That's why Pauley Perrette from NCIS (@PauleyP) doesn't do any replies or retweets of any fans - which is understandable, considering her stalker of over 8 years still won't go away.

However, I do the "random questions/comments" thing as well. It's nice that there are some actors/musicians whom you can actually have nice, small conversations with. My favorite tweets from actors are when they tweet their other actor friends - because they're usually funny.

Am I remembering correctly that AT first started tweeting to help bring awareness to S4K & the show? Now it almost seems like a lifeline between her & the fans - especially with Sanctuary S5 still in limbo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Amanda retweeting something from the S4K twitter

Little ripples! Amazing! Xoxo RT @sanctuary4kids: NOH reunites two sisters. Check out our new blog for the details! http://bit.ly/reGXs5
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

yes, greg applied an update and VB FINALLY fixed that bug. Like halleluilah and let's party!!!!
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            yes, greg applied an update and VB FINALLY fixed that bug. Like halleluilah and let's party!!!!
                            *grabs the rum and dt. coke and joins Sky*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              A little bit OT... When I logged on there was a holding page to say that there was an update going on. When it came back, I found that when you click on the link to go to the next unread message, it went straight there - like it used to. It was a minor inconvenience, but it was b****y annoying.
                              I'm just sayin'.
                              Mumsey
                              There is such a button/link? Where?
                              Amen! That always bugs the crap out of me. It seems too stalker-ish. That's why Pauley Perrette from NCIS (@PauleyP) doesn't do any replies or retweets of any fans - which is understandable, considering her stalker of over 8 years still won't go away.
                              However, I do the "random questions/comments" thing as well. It's nice that there are some actors/musicians whom you can actually have nice, small conversations with. My favorite tweets from actors are when they tweet their other actor friends - because they're usually funny.
                              Am I remembering correctly that AT first started tweeting to help bring awareness to S4K & the show? Now it almost seems like a lifeline between her & the fans - especially with Sanctuary S5 still in limbo.
                              Twitter is addictive for the actors as well as the fans.
                              Generally speaking if I ask a question...be it to Amanda or any other tv personality...it's usually something like - "What's with the banana obsession?" or "When are you popping down under again coz I need 2 months notice to take time off?"...it's not to ask for retweets or hugs or birthday wishes...I just feel like I'm imposing if I do that...unless there's a group co-ordinated FollowFriday birthday thing for the actor or for a fan if the occassion is really special...I guess there are small exceptions.
                              I do like that some celebs are open enough to chat every now & then with the fans - like RyRo and Colin Cunningham...and now Micheal Shanks who seems to be trying to catch up on lost twitter time...it's nice to feel not ignored...it's nice to see them touch base with the fans.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              *grabs the rum and dt. coke and joins Sky*
                              *plops down next to Sky & Jan with a bottle (no glasses tonight!) of red wine & some Reeces Pieces!*
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm kinda afraid to reply to the actors in person, so to speak. Don't want them to think i'm some weirdo. most of the time, I just read and 'twalk' passively.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X