Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    This is Starbucks we're talking about here. You still have to take a second mortgage on the house to buy the small size.
    And I heard recently that they were raising their prices. I know they did on coffee beans, so I'm thinking they did the same on all their drinks as well.

Comment

Yea, I don't care for thier regular coffees, but the latte's taste good

*not that I pay full price for them anymore, or that often, too many calories*

*tries to get back on topic*

I do recall that Amanda likes thier Christmas blend coffee
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Yea, I don't care for thier regular coffees, but the latte's taste good

*not that I pay full price for them anymore, or that often, too many calories*

*tries to get back on topic*

I do recall that Amanda likes thier Christmas blend coffee
        The last few years, I LOVED Starbucks Christmas blend coffee. I was so happy when it came out again this year, I bought a large bag of it, took it home, ground up some beans and made myself a cup of coffee, took a sip ... and spit it right out. It was horrible! I don't know what they did to it this year, but it tasted like used instant coffee or worse. Maybe they had a bad batch of it or something, but this was so bad I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy. I called the store and told them and they gave me my money back. Just to see if maybe I was wrong, I bought a small amount at another place, and had the exact same result. Result being, no Christmas blend for me this year. And just to test again, I got a couple of other brands of coffees I like, and they were just fine, so it wasn't me.

I'm told that ground coffee makes good mulch for gardens, so it may wind up in mine next spring.

Comment

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hmm... this is the second post i've seen tonight with nothing in it.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping Date night with my handsome dude! Anthem VFX party. Hohoho! http://lockerz.com/s/165828698

Such a good looking couple.

Comment

Hi, Chelle,

Thanks for the Christmas card. I didn't even get on the list this year so it was lovely to receive a few cards anyway. Been a busy time so haven't checked in here very often and when I did I "lurked" to try and catch up.

Love you all and will miss seeing everyone at AT6. Hope it's just as fun as ever.

Donamac

Comment

Thanks for the Christmas card. It's fun to be included even though I didn't sign up for it..

Have a wonderful holiday season!

donamac

Comment

When she tweeted that I was afraid to look thinking it would be RD again but thankfully it was Alan.

Thank you Rocky for the beautiful ladybug music box. I absolutely adore it. That parcel arrived today - Sunday - so I was most pleasantly surprised to come home from work this arvo to find it sitting there on my dorrstep.
                    Looks like the posties are working 7 days a week leading up to Christmas. Cool.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Amanda's latest Tweet

WOW!! You are all so beautiful and shiny! Thank you so much! Xo RT @atHannahL: Xmas project offical video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9mt14ZvyQ
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Amanda's fans are certainly devoted - and some are just a bit demented (but in a good way hehehe)
                        sigpic

Comment

Received my first card today from the xmas exchange, sooooooo cute!
                          Thanks Mumsey.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            No barrista required. I could never figure out how something could smell that good yet taste that bad. Saved me a fortune when I lived a block away from a Starbucks.
                            It's *chocolate*. Not mocha.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              The last few years, I LOVED Starbucks Christmas blend coffee. I was so happy when it came out again this year, I bought a large bag of it, took it home, ground up some beans and made myself a cup of coffee, took a sip ... and spit it right out. It was horrible! I don't know what they did to it this year, but it tasted like used instant coffee or worse. Maybe they had a bad batch of it or something, but this was so bad I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy. I called the store and told them and they gave me my money back. Just to see if maybe I was wrong, I bought a small amount at another place, and had the exact same result. Result being, no Christmas blend for me this year. And just to test again, I got a couple of other brands of coffees I like, and they were just fine, so it wasn't me.

I'm told that ground coffee makes good mulch for gardens, so it may wind up in mine next spring.
                              Coffee grounds and egg shells.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Coffee grounds and egg shells.
                                I have a container full of used coffee grounds (from coffee I actually enjoyed), and have been putting eggshells in with it (after smashing them up). At some point, they will be strewn around my garden. There's something about the acidic stuff in coffee grounds that's good for the soil and certain types of plants (which I'm still learning about). I've even started a compost bin with all sorts of stuff from the yard and food stuff that would have gone in the garbage can (I'm really getting into recycling).

Comment

Working...
                                X