No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the end of the world is nigh. Been nice chatting with you all. Despite the doom and gloom, I'll cut my grass tomorrow. Can't have a messy lawn for the apocalypse.

So, I have to ask. I read in the Vancouver Sun that this guy put billboards in Canada. How far did word spread? Did our friends down under hear about the end of the world tomorrow? (Of course, it's already the 21st there, so how does that work?)

It's been too quiet here, we needed a topic of discussion.

On topic, who's seen The Awakening? An hour of total awesomeness! Tesla, Magnus... nothing else is needed.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

He was interviewed on our main news show (must have been a slow news week, they also gave airtime to a white supremist) and I saw a guy handing out pamphlets in Wellington, New Zealand. I know they were handing out pamphlets in the Philippines too, but I think the majority of believers are American.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

On topic, who's seen The Awakening? An hour of total awesomeness! Tesla, Magnus... nothing else is needed.
        Definitely. When you get those two together, good things happen. They have such a good dynamic together as characters and I think the actors bring out the best in each other too. I suppose it would be too much to hope that JY and AT do the commentary on the DVD...
        I also see that one of their newer writers did this episode and it's great to see that she "gets" them so well.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Ah, the end of the world is nigh. Been nice chatting with you all. Despite the doom and gloom, I'll cut my grass tomorrow. Can't have a messy lawn for the apocalypse.

So, I have to ask. I read in the Vancouver Sun that this guy put billboards in Canada. How far did word spread? Did our friends down under hear about the end of the world tomorrow? (Of course, it's already the 21st there, so how does that work?)

It's been too quiet here, we needed a topic of discussion.

Re: the end of the world. At work getting a few things finished off first! Honestly, I don't understand why legitimate news outlets give publicity to nuts like this.

Re: Awakening. Yes it was fabulous.

Without going into specifics, I have been critical of a couple of recent eps of Sanctuary. That is hard for me. I love the show. I have great respect for the people involved, both as artists and for who they are. So happy to see them hit it out of the park yet again. AT and JY are so wonderful together. Fabulous banter. Great comic timing.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Definitely. When you get those two together, good things happen. They have such a good dynamic together as characters and I think the actors bring out the best in each other too. I suppose it would be too much to hope that JY and AT do the commentary on the DVD...
          I also see that one of their newer writers did this episode and it's great to see that she "gets" them so well.
          I'm hoping right along with you.

Since I'm not on Facebook, maybe someone who is could suggest this to TPTB.
          Last edited by EH-T; 21 May 2011, 08:17 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm with you, i respect htem as people and professionals, yet i feel that 3 of the 4 other episodes have been definitely sub par and far below what they're capable of doing.
            awakening was anything but however, it was very enjoyable
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

End of the world guy we have a billboard on the I94 in Milwaukee, WI

Awakening: haven't seen it yet have to wait for it to be online in about a month. Looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I'm with you, i respect htem as people and professionals, yet i feel that 3 of the 4 other episodes have been definitely sub par and far below what they're capable of doing.
                Yes, something went seriously wrong there. But Awakening was the Sanctuary I know and love.
                Magnus is one of the most interesting characters around and they're strongest when they focus on her. They seemed to lose their way with Will in the last couple.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Re: the end of the world. At work getting a few things finished off first! Honestly, I don't understand why legitimate news outlets give publicity to nuts like this.

Re: Awakening. Yes it was fabulous.

Without going into specifics, I have been critical of a couple of recent eps of Sanctuary. That is hard for me. I love the show. I have great respect for the people involved, both as artists and for who they are. So happy to see them hit it out of the park yet again. AT and JY are so wonderful together. Fabulous banter. Great comic timing.

I'm hoping right along with you.

Since I'm not on Facebook, maybe someone who is could suggest this to TPTB.
                  I too had problems with those episodes, but with this business I think constructive criticism is helpful. Finding out what went wrong and why people didn't like it, goes a long way to improving thigs in the future.

Awakening was awesome and playing to your strong points...namely putting the emphasis on Helen and other strong characters like Tesla and it all falls into place and we get a great episode

Let's hope for more of these strong episodes
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The last two episodes before that for sure were not up to par. I tried to like them, but they just fell flat for me. But JY and AT made up for it in spades.

Well, we're still here. Surprise, surprise. Wonder how he's going to back pedal on this one. Twice he's been wrong now. And still, people will follow. Boggles the mind. At least people had fun with it, lots of bars had End of the World parties. We went out for our "last lunch" at work. I had a glass of special Belgian beer last night. It actually had a champagne cork in the bottle. Expensive, but very tasty.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

you know, it's almost like....well we got season 9 and 10 of stargte episodes for sanctuary episodes. frat humor, date nights, sexual innuendo, girls in tiny dresses, cliches and 'jokes'

it's like a sitcom got into our scifi show
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you know, it's almost like....well we got season 9 and 10 of stargte episodes for sanctuary episodes. frat humor, date nights, sexual innuendo, girls in tiny dresses, cliches and 'jokes'

it's like a s_itcom got into our scifi show

Missed a letter there Sky.

:muahaha:
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I had that thought as well, but hesitated to mention it...
                          Even AT's fine directing couldn't save Date Night 1.

I did enjoy seeing PDL as Ernie in Date Night 2, but it also made me miss Ashley.

I'm bummed that I will be missing Magnus Monday live this week. I'll have to make sure my vcr is set. And double check it. I accidentally taped the wrong channel the other day when I was going to tape a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I had that thought as well, but hesitated to mention it...
                            Even AT's fine directing couldn't save Date Night 1.

I did enjoy seeing PDL as Ernie in Date Night 2, but it also made me miss Ashley.

I'm bummed that I will be missing Magnus Monday live this week. I'll have to make sure my vcr is set. And double check it. I accidentally taped the wrong channel the other day when I was going to tape a movie.
                            The earlier seasons had some up and down episodes too. Maybe this is deliberate. A different kind of story to appeal to a different kind of person. Any thoughts?

Comment

OK. I'm about to get my house back to where I can watch TV. I've missed the first few episodes, so I'll probably wait to catch Sancturary on reruns or DVDs. (I'm not "hip" enough to do downloads. I'm trying to emulate Eh-T in all things these days. )

What would be the first thing you would watch after not seeing TV for 6 months?

For me, it will be Stargate SG-1. But what 3 episodes would you watch first?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                OK. I'm about to get my house back to where I can watch TV. I've missed the first few episodes, so I'll probably wait to catch Sancturary on reruns or DVDs. (I'm not "hip" enough to do downloads. I'm trying to emulate Eh-T in all things these days. )

What would be the first thing you would watch after not seeing TV for 6 months?

For me, it will be Stargate SG-1. But what 3 episodes would you watch first?
                                Solitudes
                                In the Line of Duty
                                Hathor (just because the ladies take charge )

Those are just ones I like. Though there are quite a few more in other seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X