Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
    After all the man couldn't walk that didn't make him incapable of leading a country during a horrendous period in world history.
    The decline in mental faculties and overall health was a problem, and that was covered up as well.

Comment

Propworx has some non-BDU Carter costumes available in its latest auction (including outfits from "Off the Grid", "Search and Rescue", and "Grace Under Pressure").

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/24282

Comment

Damn. I love the "Off the Grid" costume but what to do with it....just gonna have to turn away from that link before I spend any money I don't have.
        I was wondering why they hadn't put anything up on ebay for a while. Bugger. Hope this isn't gonna be the only way they sell stuff now.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
          im glad it's seems that you had a good time you must have nearly met every stargate/sanctuary cast member now(im secretly very jealous).
          thanks chrono, i had a wonderful time

Spoiler:
          left to meet:

from sg1 - teryl rothery, lexa doig, gary jones & beau bridges... unfortunately i can never meet don s davis, may he rip

from sga - rachel luttrell, jewel staite, robert picardo, rainbow sun francks, kavan smith and kate hewlett...

from sanctuary - agam darshi, damian kindler, martin wood, robert lawrenson and jonathon young...
          Last edited by katjoy; 09 March 2011, 02:34 PM.
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            Spoiler:
            left to meet:
            from sg1 - teryl rothery, lexa doig, gary jones & beau bridges... unfortunately i can never meet don s davis, may he rip
            from sga - rachel luttrell, jewel staite, robert picardo, rainbow sun francks, kavan smith and kate hewlett...
            from sanctuary - agam darshi, damian kindler, martin wood and jonathon young...
            My bucket list consists of:
            Spoiler:
            Kate Hewlett, Robert Picardo, Beau Bridges, Lexa Doig, Rainbow Francs, Gary Chalk, Tom McBeath, Ronnie Cox, Peter Williams, JR Bourne, Emilie Ullerup, Agam Darshi, Jonathon Young, Peter Wingfield, the De Luise boys and maybe Damian Kindler and Martin Wood. Not many left but at least I have goals for future events...although the bummer of it is Peter Williams is coming to town next month and I have to miss the event due to work...dang! Can't think of anyone else from SG that I haven't met yet.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Those Off the Grid boots... does anyone know what size feet Amanda has? Not a creepy question, I just want to boots.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                Propworx has some non-BDU Carter costumes available in its latest auction (including outfits from "Off the Grid", "Search and Rescue", and "Grace Under Pressure").

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/24282
                Went to the auction site and got the following images.

Sam has been awarded the following medals. An bronze Oak Leaf Cluster indicates an additional award of that particular medal.

Airman's Medal
                Air Force Achievement Medal - Air Force Organizational Excellence Award - National Defense Service Medal w/ bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
                Air Force Longevity Service Award w/ 2 bronze Oak Leaf Clusters - Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon - Air Force Training Ribbon

and

the medals Sam wears with this unfiorm are

Airman's Medal - Meritorious Service Medal - Air Force Commendation Medal
                Air Force Achievement Medal - Air Force Organizational Excellence Award - National Defense Service Medal w/ Oak Leaf Cluster
                Air Force Longevity Service Award w/ 2 bronze Oak Leaf Clusters - Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon - Air Force Training Ribbon

The Air Force Longevity Service Award is awarded for 4 years of service. Thus the two bronze oak leaves with this award indicates 12 years of service to the USAF.

Sam also wears a Space Operations branch insignia above the ribbons.

I know that in Secrets both Sam and Jack were awarded the Air Medal and the medals presented just before Jack throws his knife into Heru'ur's hand are Air Medals, but the ribbons the prop department put together show the Airman's Medal. Jack's ribbon bar does show the Air Medal with 2 bronze oak leaf clusters.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Those Off the Grid boots... does anyone know what size feet Amanda has? Not a creepy question, I just want to boots.
                  IIRC the boots are size 8 and a half....now whether that's US/Canada/UK or whatever size I haven't a clue.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    In the auction of the costume for Grace Under Pressure the shoes have Dr. Carter in the insole and a 39 in the back of the shoe.

Comment

39? I can squish! Haha... I'm a 41. Sigh.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hey everyone
                        This is for all the Ladies here.
                        Since today is International Women's Day, (In Belgium it's already 8 March)Here's something to say: this is for you. For All the strong, smart women on this thread. And if you're askig me, you're ALL smart / wise With a career, no career/ Working full jobs, part time jobs, 2 jobs, no job. In Rural area's, Urban areas, between Rural and City / With kids, without kids, pregnant Single, Married.... You get what I mean. And for Amanda too of course
                        Here's to you! Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

http://www.arenabloemen.be/product_i...ena_boeket.jpg
                        http://www.guerrieri-rizzardi.com/en...doc_bottle.jpg

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Awww...thanks Daivy...though I do prefer red wine!!

Happy International Women's Day to each and every one of you beautiful women here. xo
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think propworx now has the exclusive contract for props.

I have a question, those that have watched SGU....what kind of weapons does the hammond have? do they have some kind of laser weapons? I need to have sam using her ship to fire on something for a fic but I'm not up on the Hammond (And i'm afraid that not even the presence of sam and jack could entice me to watch SGU)
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I think propworx now has the exclusive contract for props.

I have a question, those that have watched SGU....what kind of weapons does the hammond have? do they have some kind of laser weapons? I need to have sam using her ship to fire on something for a fic but I'm not up on the Hammond (And i'm afraid that not even the presence of sam and jack could entice me to watch SGU)
                              Legends still have quite a bit of stuff that they are about to put on sale on ebay. I received notification today.
                              Legends Memorabilia Stargate SG-1 Auction has begun!

We are back running our Stargate SG-1 auctions with new listings currently live on Ebay. We will be continuing to list new items weekly both on Ebay for auctions or Buy It Now items and adding new pieces to our website including prominent hero costumes such as System Lord collections, USAF Formal Military Uniforms, BDU gear from main cast members and more. We have various props and original art/blueprints from the series such as Replicator wall sections, Staff Weapon pieces, original sections from the Stargate plus many unique autographed items all still to come.

Our goal is to list around 10-25 new items every week with almost all listings holding no reserve price! As many of the fans know Legends Memorabilia is leaving the prop and costume industry and these auction listings will be some of the last we will offer to the fans for these original production items.

Please also check out our New Limited Edition Stargate SG-1 'ARCHIVES' Collectible Display. This fantastic new presentation is limited to only 250 and is truly unique in its design and feature. We are offering this presentation on Ebay for a limited time only with free shipping to Canada and USA and $25 for our international collectors providing a 3-5 service so there won't be long anticipated wait times to receive this exciting new display. We will also be offering this new item soon on our website at www.stargateprops.com or check it out now on ebay, user name stargateprops-com .

Legends has also recently re-located and can be reached only by email to [email protected] so please contact us for more info.
                              Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

From Amanda's Twitter:

Happy international Womens day! Celebrate the sisterhood. Much love beauties! Xo
                                about 2 hours ago via Echofon

Comment

Working...
                                X