Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    I know , I've been thinking about this, too. And I kinda came up with an idea. Now, first of, I know I am still a newby here and I don't want to step on anybody's toes, believe me. I also know that it might not be a particular workable idea for several reasons, but here it goes: One of the reasons, I like this thread so much, are the wonderful discussions of episodes once they aired. So, how about each week or every two weeks we all agree on an episode to watch, we all watch it, and then we discuss it afterwards????

This, of course, only works if we all have all the episodes on DVD, like I do.
    Let me know what you guys think? Maybe somebody can come up with a better idea. Or maybe you all just think it's totally stupid. I'll understand.
    After all, it's just a thought.
    Excellent idea. I'm in.

I have like...everything...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

It's a wonderful idea Dani !
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

So how are we going to decide which eps?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          I know , I've been thinking about this, too. And I kinda came up with an idea. Now, first of, I know I am still a newby here and I don't want to step on anybody's toes, believe me. I also know that it might not be a particular workable idea for several reasons, but here it goes: One of the reasons, I like this thread so much, are the wonderful discussions of episodes once they aired. So, how about each week or every two weeks we all agree on an episode to watch, we all watch it, and then we discuss it afterwards????
          Count me in. Sounds like fun. What's first?

mini(da)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

How about we start from the beginning - COTG?
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              How about we start from the beginning - COTG?
              Zoiks. I don't know the acronyms ( ) help?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Zoiks. I don't know the acronyms ( ) help?
                COTG....Children of the Gods.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Ok it's time for my shameless pitch. Don't forget the Amanda Tapping contest folks!

We have several Samandans there, Skydiver, dipsofjazz, ForeverSG1...each of whom are leading in certain categories... so am I...

But you can't forget to vote for them...like daily...because other people are voting for other things and our projects start to lose percentage points or it's a horse race and is very close. Mine? Not so much...but Kat's terrific Betrayal wallpaper is barely in the lead.

SO VOTE DAILY ALREADY....

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/contest/index.html

Someone was decidedly miffed about my shameless pitch. So let me clarify something I thought I didn't have to clarify.

The focus here is the contest and the fact that we have people here from this thread who's entered stuff.

I can recommend and ask all day long that you vote for Kat's wallpaper or Skydiver's icon or my video or whatever...but I figured it was obvious that you have the right and option to vote for whomever WHATEVER you want. You might decide you prefer to vote for something else. That's fine.

My highlighting the fact that I'd love to see people from this thread WIN does not mean that you have a gun to your heads. And you're not sheeple. Vote for whatever you want FCOL...

But again...I figured that was obvious and I thought in my shameless pitch I could be a little over the top and silly because...AGAIN...I hope people will vote for whatever they want and like and think should win and not just because they're on this thread.

I'm sorry people took that the wrong way but I honestly didn't think it was necessary to state something I figured would be obvious like that.

Last edited by Uber; 22 September 2005, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I figured that was obvious and I thought in my shameless pitch I could be a little over the top and silly because...AGAIN...I hope people will vote for whatever they want and like and think should win and not just because they're on this thread.
                    Phew. Thanks Uber. So that threat you PMed me - with the whole cruel torture and unending suffering thing - I can ignore that if I don't vote for you?

Wait a second! I already voted for you! How do I take that back?!

mini(cowering)geek
                    (Ah well, I liked your video best of those in the Sam Carter category anyhow, so I guess I can live with it. ::sigh::)

Comment

Phew. Thanks Uber. So that threat you PMed me - with the whole cruel torture and unending suffering thing - I can ignore that if I don't vote for you?

Wait a second! I already voted for you! How do I take that back?!

mini(cowering)geek
                      (Ah well, I liked your video best of those in the Sam Carter category anyhow, so I guess I can live with it. ::sigh::)
                      MiniGeek! You again??? You still lurking about after that whole "pin-the-blame-for-the-spiked-blue-jello-on-Lys" incident??? (btw, we need to come up with a shorter name for that...I think I wore out my "-" key).

Comment

Count me in. Sounds like fun. What's first?

mini(da)geek
                        What if we have the VP MajorSal make the first recommendation for eps for us to watch and discuss?

Then we'll take a few days so that everyone has a chance at a fresh viewing...spend a few days thereafter discussing...then vote on the best commentary/review.

The one who is voted to give the best review then picks the next ep to watch. Also, let's set it up so that if you win, you have to wait 4 turns before being elligible to pick again...so if Skydiver won, she'd announce the next ep to watch and then she can continue reviewing, but would not be elligible to win for 4 turns.

How's that???

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          umm, ok, ah, AD tag, you're it!!
                          Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

Strangers appeared one morning, the golden dawn at their backs as they walked into the fair town of SAmanda. They were greeted with curiosity, Jerin watched them walk by as she drew water from the well while AD trailed them, his sharp eyes watching their every move. Undaunted by the quiet welcome, the strangers walked calmly through the town, their destination clear...the shining castle of Queen Amanda.
                          Approaching the gate, the strangers were stopped by the crossed swords of the Royal Guards Strix and 1Speed.
                          "Who goes there?" Strix said.
                          "State your buisness," said 1Speed.
                          The strangers stopped, a nervous look on their face...

Meanwhile AD slipped inside, intent on informing the Queen about a possible breach in security...

Uhhh, Strix! You're it!

Comment

What if we have the VP MajorSal make the first recommendation for eps for us to watch and discuss?

Then we'll take a few days so that everyone has a chance at a fresh viewing...spend a few days thereafter discussing...then vote on the best commentary/review.

The one who is voted to give the best review then picks the next ep to watch. Also, let's set it up so that if you win, you have to wait 4 turns before being elligible to pick again...so if Skydiver won, she'd announce the next ep to watch and then she can continue reviewing, but would not be elligible to win for 4 turns.

How's that???

How about we use that 'Best Sam episode' poll for each season? Watch the top 3 or 4 episodes for each season as voted

Comment

How's that???

Sounds good to me, Über. I am glad you guys like the idea. How about we wait a little bit to see if others like the idea as well and to get some more opinions and then Sally could make the first recommendation.
                              And for those of you who weren't here earlier, this is what we are talking about: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=16563

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                How about we use that 'Best Sam episode' poll for each season? Watch the top 3 or 4 episodes for each season as voted
                                either that or, how many of us are there? surely enough to cover 12 weeks. how about we all take turns, maybe alphabetically, each of us pick our favorite sam eps that hasn't already been picked. let's say we pick it on monday, folks have until friday to watch it, then we can discuss it all weekend and until the next friday?

how's that sound?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X