Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
    LMAO! Ah, man I love that one! Can I snurch it for my LJ? I'll credit ya! Pretty please???
    Sure...uh...SNURCH away...but ONLY if you can give me a solid Webster's translation for the word "snurch"...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow! Our eloquent and articulate Samandans are really tearing up the thread debating Carter and Mitchell and their ranks. I have to say good night and let hubby have the computer for awhile, but if you want to get in on the fun, go to:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1&page=3&pp=20

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I

Still, if I'm completely honest with myself, if Vala had been a straight-laced soldier, I probably would have felt even more "threatened" and uneasy by her presence, wondering if Sam was actually gonna get the comeback welcome she deserved. Vala (and CB) came with a rabid audience. I think I would have worried about the two characters being too alike, and she really would have looked like some kind of shoddy replacement. Does that make sense?
        it makes perfect sense. i've thought about that too. like i've thought about if they'd written pete better, or had another actor playing him, would *i* have liked the result more, or would i have felt even *more* threatened? a better pete would have been better for *sam*, but it also might have made things harder on the shippers.

if vala had been taken more seriously (not just daniel's sparring partner), would i have liked her more? but then, like you said, maybe vala would have *really* come off as a sam replacement, not just a stand-in until our amanda returned....

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone! Venturing in here for the first time. I think I'm a rare breed in that I love both Sam and Vala. Although as much as I did enjoy Vala, I'm so happy to have Sam back (and doing what she does best ). I'll admit to not being too crazy about the direction her character's gone the past couple seasons (chalk it up to me not being a shipper I guess) but I love what we've had so far this year.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Sure...uh...SNURCH away...but ONLY if you can give me a solid Webster's translation for the word "snurch"...
          snurch=steal. It's from Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
            Hey everyone! Venturing in here for the first time. I think I'm a rare breed in that I love both Sam and Vala. Although as much as I did enjoy Vala, I'm so happy to have Sam back (and doing what she does best ). I'll admit to not being too crazy about the direction her character's gone the past couple seasons (chalk it up to me not being a shipper I guess) but I love what we've had so far this year.

snurch=steal. It's from Farscape.
            Wow...I'm a Farscape fan and I missed that one.

Actually there are a lot of us who like Vala, either from the beginning or, like me, appreciate her more after TPTB. Granted, there are some that don't like her at all...but most of us just wished she had more substance or wished that what substance we finally got to see glimpses of were made more apparent earlier in the season instead of waiting til the end of her 6 story arc.

But all of us will agree that both Amanda and Claudia are fabulous actresses, we just happen to have a preference for the blonde one.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's another one but with more of a serious twist...

It's funny...Kat and I came up with almost the exact same idea for this demotivator...but she picked a shot looking at Sam's back and I was hoping for one that showed her getting shot by those lasers with her arms in the air...but I couldn't get a good angle...

So I revisited Kat's idea...but chose a slightly different shot...

Last edited by Uber; 13 September 2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Here's a more light-hearted one...

GEEK!Sam...how I miss ya....

Comment

I tried to think of a way to say this that was smart and in the spirit of Amanda's shining example.. but all I got was Agreed and me too!!

You guys most certainly rock.. you too DoS for the prodding that inspires new wallpapers

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/images/sg.jpg

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  You most certainly are, Über!

But... considering what's been going down in the threads lately... it's warranted.

And, speaking of: minigeek, I didn't want to say it on the other thread, but I love you. Honestly. You rock. Between you, Über, Forever and ann_sgcfan... phew... Good stuff.

Now I know Über's the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta and all, but can I be, like, a Junior PIM in training? Better yet, can we form a club or something? With matching T-shirts?
                  sigpic

Comment

Very multi-faceted - good work
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I'd just like to apologize in advance for this next Demoralization. I was a very bad girl, but it's all Uber's fault!

ROTFLOL ... You guys are great! I'd love to have an office full of these posters, wouldn't you?!

How about this one for those of us who "had serious issues"?!

Thanks to Geogirl who started it all at another forum!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 September 2005, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Dear Fellow Samandans

I must start packing and leave the kingdom for the coming week. Another castle (Krakow) is calling to me!

I've left the keys to the wine cellar behind the bar ... feel free to help yourselves to the rare vintages. Perhaps Royal Accountant will be kind enough to serve some of her famous sloe gin whilst I'm away.

And let us all pray that our wonderful Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist, soon finds her way back to Samanda. The road has been rocky recently ... seriously ill friends and demanding students and courseloads. She is greatly missed!

Special thanks to Qasim (whose official title has yet to be found) and Census Taker for listing the two potential Flags of Samanda back up as a final poll at the Characters and Relationships main page. Please do your Samandan duty, and vote for your final favorite! Then we can hoist our chevron proudly above the castle!

Continue to play nice in the royal sandbox ... I will miss you all! Hic Comitas Regit!

Let me leave you with a very appropriate poster for our castle's walls!

May the blue jello and camaraderie continue to flow ... and Keeper, please return soon to help with the jello distribution! Nobody does it better. (Methinks that our Queen must regulate her intake though.)

Peace, Jester

Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 September 2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

i, quite obviously, like sam, but i do think that vala has potential. her quips are entertaining, for me in small doses though.
                          teh part of her that intrigues me the most and that i'd like to see revisited again is the 'ex-host' part

that is one aspect of the show that the writers have never dealt with other than that little bit wtih kendra. how does a host live with what their goauld did? how do thye make amends, or can they?

and, let's say they were a host for a century or two, they could emerge lost in time, centuries after they were taken..how do they deal with that???

that aspect of vala i'd love to see explored more and, for me, that's where her potential lies
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            ROTFLOL ... You guys are great! I'd love to have an office full of these posters, wouldn't you?!

How about this one for those of us who "had serious issues"?!

Thanks to Geogirl who started it all at another forum!
                            Great pics and yes, I would love to have those as posters!

We'll miss you ChopinGal, as we always do when you are gone. Hope you have a safe journey and return to Samanda safe and sound.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be here when you return, as I have to exit, stage left, next week, for a bit. So, I'll welcome you back now.....a bit early, but you can never be too early, right?

HIC COMITAS REGIT
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

That is seriously depressing
                              Quasim
                              Originally posted by Lida
                              We'll miss you ChopinGal, as we always do when you are gone. Hope you have a safe journey and return to Samanda safe and sound.
                              Indeed - have fun
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I hope you have a great time on your trip Chopin Gal!!! We'll miss ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X