Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    What is your favorite sam moment? The scene that you rewind your tape to watch again and again?

I kinda like the 'there goes my career' bit in hathor
    Oh gosh. I like "Welcome to my life" and
    "That's an order" from Lost City

My current favorite is
    Spoiler:
    "Not Exactly"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Second...I'd like to once again request an audience with the Samandan leadership and ask that my Royal title be revised from Royal Photographer to Royal Videographer (the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta stays regardless of the Samandan leadership)...

I shall abide by the wishes of the good people of Samanda. What say ye?

go for it!

(of course i really don't know what i'm okaying, but that's a politician for ya)

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

What is your favorite sam moment? The scene that you rewind your tape to watch again and again?

Here’s mine!

DAKARA. TEMPLE CHAMBER. Jacob is working on a laptop hooked up to the console.

JACOB: I'm not getting anything. (He steps aside and lets Sam have a go.)

CARTER (as she starts to type): This may not be possible, y'know.

JACOB: C'mon, Sam -- it can't be any harder than blowing up a sun.

(Sam looks irritated.)

CARTER: Y'know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
        (At that moment, the interface between the laptop and the Ancient screen begins to work.)

JACOB (smiling delightedly): There y'go!

CARTER: Oh. Next up: parting the Red Sea.

Comment

Okay I was bored tonight and put in my 100th episode special DVD of Stargate SG-1 to watch. It has one of the Timeline to the Futures on it and so I decided to do some new screencaps from that extra. Here is one of the new ones for me that I did tonight

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Gotta be the "having fun now, sir!"

Comment

Remember how much of an attitude she had in COTG? It's a good thing she already had the job! Although I think that's what endeared her to Jack from the beginning--her spunk!

Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 05 September 2005, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Remember how much of an attitude she had in COTG? It's a good thing she already had the job! Although I think that's what endeared her to Jack from the beginning--her spunk!

Sir is sg-1fanintn right was it my spunky attitude

Ya sure ya betcha!
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Well, it's really comforting to know, when the rest of us either get too wrapped up in RL to post, or if we just get lazy (gee, did I say that about you guys???? ), that at least one of us still has the finger strength and desire to post, to keep Samanda on page one.

For as long as I am physically able...I will try to log on, and keep this wonderful thread in it's rightful spot. Of course, for now, we have qas, but what happens when he returns to University????

Thank you sg-1fanintn, for that gentle reminder....I've been so caught up in other things, I've been neglecting my real home. I'm sorry.....

(Must find new pics of AT......)

Ooooh i'm one of those who spends alot of time here but in lurking mode only, will try to post more often.
                  How about this that i've just read from Amanda in The Illustrated Companion s7+8.

Another thing Ms Tapping jokingly feared might turn out as inappropriate concerned a close family member. "Peter DeLuise knew my mum was visiting, and made her an extra in the background whilst Pete was proposing to me. I was terrified she was going to run across and shout, "She's married, stay away!" But she didn't. Mum was dead pleased to be in the show, as i was, because i love my mum and it was great she was there with me. But when Peter DeLuise made her the offer i went, "Oh, no, no, no, she won't want to do that," but mum said, "Oh, i'd LOVE to do that, of course i will," and i was like, "MOTHER." So there we are." Announces proud Ms Tapping, "That's my mum in the background, ushing Michael Greenburg's kids down a slide."

That little interview from Amanda just made me smile because i've heard that same "MOTHER" from both of my children so many times over the years when they thought that "mother or dad" was not behaving as they thought we should and it was so lovely to read that little peek into Amanda's family life
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Scanned Images

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                      That little interview from Amanda just made me smile because i've heard that same "MOTHER" from both of my children so many times over the years when they thought that "mother or dad" was not behaving as they thought we should and it was so lovely to read that little peek into Amanda's family life
                      Haha, thats great - made me think of her 'No... Dad...' in Threads (breifing room, after she gets the phone call)

I'll have to watch that scene again and pick her out

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Well it sure endeared her to me. Man how many times I wished I had the cojones to say that. I was in the tech field for many years, and banged head against glass ceiling many times until I started my own business. Anyway, yes, that rocked in COTG. What I also liked was how Kawalsky is guiltily giggling and loooking over at jack - hilarious!
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Y'all, I know this is SO YESTERDAY, but I thought of another one....

Potatohead handbags? Potatohead P90s? Potatohead saxophones? I had no idea there were so many Potatohead accessories! What if Olivia isn't into Potatoheads????

I could always give them to Jack....

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            Y'all, I know this is SO YESTERDAY, but I thought of another one....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/samfan/Moving.jpg

Potatohead handbags? Potatohead P90s? Potatohead saxophones? I had no idea there were so many Potatohead accessories! What if Olivia isn't into Potatoheads????

I could always give them to Jack....
                            Of course Olivia is into potatoheads who isnt
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                              Gotta be the "having fun now, sir!"

That and 'welcome to MY life'!

Plus, all of Space Race.

Jack: "That's not our language!"
                              Sam: "Its mine, sir."

I think Space Race shows Sam's sense of adventure, her spunk, her ingenuity, sense of humor, etc. We get to see more of how she is with others besides the regulars because she's out of the SGC and T, Daniel and Jack aren't always around her in this ep. Look how it starts out - her rushing into the SGC in her motorcycle-wear. Very cool. She's in character, but just MORE of her character in this ep, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                                <----playing potatoheads with 2 year old AS WE SPEAK
                                Which one are you?
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X