Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also liked her looks in the SciFi Inside Special:

Wish I knew what or WHO made her laugh here...
    Last edited by Dani76; 20 August 2005, 01:30 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s9's beach head

Spoiler:
      man, i didn't see it that way at all. in fact, i saw vala pouting around that 'she' was the fifth wheel.

i think she missed the attention. not only was there someone else there to listen to (besides her), it was a woman. look how many ppl ignored her or shut her down this time. daniel clearly showed respect to sam too, as did everyone else. i think she was jealous of not only the attention sam got, but the respect.

but she showed them by saving everyone's ass.

sally
      You're right about Vala...

My point was from what I read Amanda say about kinda feeling left out...that she was in effect "the new guy" on the set...and I felt like it translated a little to the character who seemed more subdued than we know her. Amanda said that at first it felt a little odd because the others had developed such a rapport without her...so she as an actress felt a little out of the loop at the beginning...

That's really what I meant...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        You're right about Vala...

My point was from what I read Amanda say about kinda feeling left out...that she was in effect "the new guy" on the set...and I felt like it translated a little to the character who seemed more subdued than we know her. Amanda said that at first it felt a little odd because the others had developed such a rapport without her...so she as an actress felt a little out of the loop at the beginning...

That's really what I meant...

Rereading what you guys were saying, I think both of you are right. Vala did feel left out - and I mean, no wonder - but you could tell at least in the beginning that Sam felt kinda akward and "out of place", too. I like to think that Amanda used what she felt when she came back to the set to show how Sam was feeling coming back to the SGC. Kinda like Amanda said she would use the way she feels about protecting Olivia from anything to portray a more fierce Sam - YEAH - Watch out Ori!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Has everyone voted for the Samanda flag? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=15011

There are some great designs there.

Comment

I really liked 'Beachhead'! Watched it again today. It was so nice to have Sam back and see everyone (almost ) back together. The ep had a very interesting plot, and showed everyone at their best. It brought out the strengths of the characters. I can't wait for next weeks ep. by then I will have watched this one about 14 times.
            sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              I really liked 'Beachhead'! Watched it again today. It was so nice to have Sam back and see everyone (almost ) back together. The ep had a very interesting plot, and showed everyone at their best. It brought out the strengths of the characters. I can't wait for next weeks ep. by then I will have watched this one about 14 times.
              Ha! I'm watching some season 8 eps this week to help me decide whether to order it on DVD. I may have to just on the grounds of interference free copies. And for New Order--AT is great in that.

BTW--Has anyone seen AT in "Danielle Steele's Remembrance?" I had my sister tape it for me (LMN) but it cut off before the end. (I posted this on the AT appreciation page too, but no answer so far.) AT was *clearly* a much better actress than the lead. It was great to see her smile. Anyway--if anyone saw it, how did it end? These films are pretty predictable but still...
              I saw up to the point where
              Spoiler:
              the Dr. guy asks her to give him another chance, that it's her that he loves. I should think so!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Ha! I'm watching some season 8 eps this week to help me decide whether to order it on DVD. I may have to just on the grounds of interference free copies. And for New Order--AT is great in that.

BTW--Has anyone seen AT in "Danielle Steele's Remembrance?" I had my sister tape it for me (LMN) but it cut off before the end. (I posted this on the AT appreciation page too, but no answer so far.) AT was *clearly* a much better actress than the lead. It was great to see her smile. Anyway--if anyone saw it, how did it end? These films are pretty predictable but still...
                I saw up to the point where
                Spoiler:
                the Dr. guy asks her to give him another chance, that it's her that he loves. I should think so!
                jckfan55 - I saw "Remembrance" but it has been a while ago, so I won't speculate on the ending. Here is AT's offical site that has the transcripts for her character and Teddy (boyfriend) for the movie. You have to scroll down towards the bottom of the page. http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=126 Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 20 August 2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

SAM/AMANDA RETURNS IN.... wait, i don't have to do that anymore, because AMANDA/SAM IS ALREADY BACK!!!

*sighs*

all's right with the world now...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

here's something i posted on the beach head thread thinger.

~~~

spoilers for s9's beach head

Spoiler:
                    i know i'm going to get slammed for this, and i dont want any claudia black/vala fans to take offense, but i'm so glad she's finally gone! here i was so excited about sam/amanda's return (understatement of the century), and when i woke up in the morning and started thinking about beach head and stargate, the very first thing that came to mind was that vala was gone. i never wanted stargate to go that route (sexed up, for no other reason than sexed up), and it only got worse with daniel and vala taking so much attention away from the other characters. for five eps.

i don't mind if she comes back for some appearances here and there, but i hope they would not only be with daniel this time. she seems to find teal'c attractive, go there. she seems to be intrigued with mitchell and landry, go there. she 'could' find something to like about sam, go there.

but i'm so glad the show's going to get back to serious story telling.

again, no offense to cb/vala fans.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

wheeee, i'm home, FINALLY.

two weeks and 2000 miles later, i'm in my own room, my own chair, in front of my own tv and watching beachhead. ssh, don't tell me now it ends, i have 12 minutes to go

I'm glad that y'all have been good and have had fun and finally, season 9 begins
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

two weeks and 2000 miles later, i'm in my own room, my own chair, in front of my own tv and watching beachhead. ssh, don't tell me now it ends, i have 12 minutes to go

I'm glad that y'all have been good and have had fun and finally, season 9 begins

Ya!--Skydiver--you're back!!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!!!

And, yes finally season 9 begins!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Welcome home skydiver!!!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Skydiver!! Just in time to see Sam return to the SGC!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

Welcome back Skydiver!! Just in time to see Sam return to the SGC!

yep, i just watched beachhead

for some, the 'team' is broken up, for me, it's finally back the way it's meant to be

i can't wait for next week

sigpic

Comment

all about my trip huh?

well

saturday, drove to omaha where i met with sue and spent the night
                                sunday, we headed out, driving through to denver to pick up lisa then onto grand junction where we spent the night
                                monday, onto arches national park where we hiked and walked...lots of hiking and walking. made our way up to the delicate arch, which is a heck of a walk, and other arches in the park. boy o boy was it HOT. i sweated in places no one should sweat
                                tuesday, onto las vegas where we met up with the rest of our group who were flying in.
                                wednesday, off to the grand canyon. on our drive, we found out that the mechanic who said 'your tires are fine, they dont need to be replaced until winter' obviously has no idea how stressful desert heat is on rubber. we blew out a tire and spent a couple of hours beside the road waiting for AAA. everything worked out ok. we got to find out that many of the rocks in arizona are volcanic innature, watch a thunderstorm blow up and met a nice highway patrol man.
                                wed night, we finally arrived at the GC.
                                thursday am, yep, doing what most tourists must do, hike down into the GC. ok, so only a half mile or so but it's all down then up so it was really hard. took me like 3-4 hours. but it was fantastic. you walk down into this huge chasm and are l iterally walking into the depths of the earth.
                                friday am, we meant to hike down again, but decided to hike along the rim. which is just as cool. in places the trail is literally inches from the drop off, but it's not really scary, just cool. got to see a condor from a distance, along with some other critters
                                saturday, we went to do laundry and came face to face with a HUGE elk. this animal was six feet tall at the head, another couple of feet of antlers. he wasa 14 point buck (meaning he had 14 branches on his antlers)
                                sunday, drove back to las vegas, via the hoover dam. another awesome sight. we went to see Mamma Mia, a musical which i recommend to anyone.
                                monday was sight seeing in las vegas. we walked up and down the strip. that night a few of the group went to see Mystere then met up iwth the rest of us for dinner
                                Tuesday was the Star Trek experience, where i got to heckle a very tall Klingon, and then we had dinner at a Fondue restaurant.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X