X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
    Does 300 posts count as a milestone?? 'Cause I've just got there
    Mini milestone. Congrats.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Mini milestone. Congrats.
      Thank you!!! So it counts Couple more mini milestones and I will be able to customize my avatar
      sigpic

Comment

it's a mile pebble

congrats
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          it's a mile pebble

congrats

Thanks !!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver View Post
            it's a mile pebble

congrats

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              Photo of Amanda at the team welcome ceremony yesterday.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fulfille...55832524753906
              Thanks for the link

It kind of struck me, that probably Amanda is known more by the foreign athletes than the Canadian ones
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Brilliant!

Does anyone know where this actually IS though? I'm back in Vancouver now and for the life of me haven't been able to find out where all this Team Welcome stuff is happening... I messaged the woman who's been working with Amanda this past week, but never got a reply... I'm still trying to get to it today, but need a location! Aaaah!!!
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

We apparently have another winter storm warning coming in late tonight and ending sometime on Wednesday. Too bad it's falling midweek as I'd love to be out playing in it instead of working. Such is life. Will be fun sliding home from work I think in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm not trying to steer to another OT topic on the weather once again, so I wondered how many episodes are there where storms or the weather played an integrable part in the plot, not just as an afterthought to everything else going on in the series.

I can think of only a few eps off the top of my head

- Solitudes
                  - Frozen
                  -Touchstone

Any others anyone can think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Anyways, I'm not trying to steer to another OT topic on the weather once again, so I wondered how many episodes are there where storms or the weather played an integrable part in the plot, not just as an afterthought to everything else going on in the series.

- Solitudes
                    - Frozen
                    -Touchstone

Would you count 5th race? isn't that the one where Sam got stuck on the planet with 3 suns or something?

Comment

How about Continuum... I mean there is a lot of snow in there

but yeah that's all I can think about atm...

Comment

Very cool, thanks for the link!

Congrats!

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                        Brilliant!

Does anyone know where this actually IS though? I'm back in Vancouver now and for the life of me haven't been able to find out where all this Team Welcome stuff is happening... I messaged the woman who's been working with Amanda this past week, but never got a reply... I'm still trying to get to it today, but need a location! Aaaah!!!
                        Not sure if this will help, but I was looking at the other pictures posted and on this one from the Village she points out where the Team Welcome stage is: http://picasaweb.google.com/fulfille...84166033054882

We apparently have another winter storm warning coming in late tonight and ending sometime on Wednesday. Too bad it's falling midweek as I'd love to be out playing in it instead of working. Such is life. Will be fun sliding home from work I think in the morning though.

- Solitudes
                        - Frozen
                        -Touchstone

Maybe the toxic atmosphere in Revisions? From Atlantis there was The Storm/The Eye two-parter.

They're expecting more snow in my area too. This is the first winter I've spent in a place that snows so much, I think I'm finally getting the hang of defrosting my car every morning.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          thanks for the link! love that million watt smile
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Thanks for that.

Can't think of a better representative of our country to welcome athletes from away than AT.
                          You're all right. I gotta tell ya, her smile is the warmest thing in Vancouver.

And oh, I can see some blonde hair in there. Thanks for the link.

Talk to me when you get to 3000.

Congrats.

Brilliant!

You talked about Amanda I presume. I just wish this was on TV.

Comment

- Solitudes
                            - Frozen
                            -Touchstone

Must be the same storm that's headed my way.

What was the one where she was stuck on the super hot planet where she was getting badly sunburned?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Not sure if this will help, but I was looking at the other pictures posted and on this one from the Village she points out where the Team Welcome stage is: http://picasaweb.google.com/fulfille...84166033054882

Thanks!

I wandered around and managed to find the area it was happening in - completely blocked off from the public. I asked the closest security, and apparently the team welcome ceremonies were for the teams only, in the actual athletes village, so I don't think I'd have been able to get in anyways. Alas! I heard an announcement over the loudspeakers saying "And that concludes the team welcome ceremony" so perhaps I was at least "close" to Amanda at some point, hahah.
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thanks!

I wandered around and managed to find the area it was happening in - completely blocked off from the public. I asked the closest security, and apparently the team welcome ceremonies were for the teams only, in the actual athletes village, so I don't think I'd have been able to get in anyways. Alas! I heard an announcement over the loudspeakers saying "And that concludes the team welcome ceremony" so perhaps I was at least "close" to Amanda at some point, hahah.
                                Hooray for the Olympic spirit of openness.

Comment

Working...
                                X