Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    True, but we still know things about EH-T... even if she is well-behaved.
    Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Actually, it was AT herself who said I was well-behaved.
    Yes, AT said it, but you were on your best behavior, trying to impress, and we know better.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I've been thinking about Wii sports too. I might actually do some exercise if it was fun and I didn't have to risk falling on ice.

Not totally sure how it works. Do you plug the console into your tv? Maybe someone can PM me. (jckfan goes to find quill pen to take notes)

See, the thread is *educational.* I love that scene in The Light where Jack is teasing Sam about a bet on curling.
      Yes, ice can be dangerous. I did break my ribs curling.

You can borrow my quill pen anytime.

That scene in The Light is one of my all time favs. Love how RDA says bonspiel.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Yes, AT said it, but you were on your best behavior, trying to impress, and we know better.
      I resemble that remark!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh fantastic! Ludditry, curling and strong Canadian women. Eh-T, how does it feel to have your very own thread?
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I've been thinking about Wii sports too. I might actually do some exercise if it was fun and I didn't have to risk falling on ice.

Not totally sure how it works. Do you plug the console into your tv? Maybe someone can PM me. (jckfan goes to find quill pen to take notes)
          This 'game' I have is different than the sports one that usually comes with the Wii system when you buy it. It's more of like having a personal fitness trainer. It takes into account age and lifestyle/nutrition and provides differing exercises to target upper/lower parts of the body including cardio and offers a 30 day challenge which is especially designed for you. There is some regulars exercises (all in a pretty setting, but still exercises) like lunges, running, bicep curls, squats, etc.. As well as the fun exercises like tennis, volleyball, boxing, and inline skating. These are what I enjoy most as you don't even realize your working different parts of your body because your mind is on excelling at the sport. Can you tell I'm highly competitive?

I'd highly recommend this 'game' to anyone seeking a way to keep their weight down and stay toned. It only takes 30 min a day to 'play' and the advantages to health and mind are numerous.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Plugs into your TV with RCA cables (red, white, yellow). They come with the game so you can bring it home and plug it in.
          Just as rderoch has said, the cables come with the system when you buy it and are easily plugged into any tv. You might have to change your tv's input signal when you go to use the system each time (as I have to), but that's easily done.

Good luck with it and if you need any help, just shout! Wii is wonderful and many of the games are great fun to play.

Comment

WOO HOO, I made, today I turn 3000.

I can't believe I've reached my 3000th post, I want to thank all you guys for being great friends, giving me a happy and fun place to come to everyday and being good friends. This a good, a place of fun, a place of joy, a place of friends, this is a home away from home. And of course I have to thank Amanda, she's responsible for bringing me to GW and my 3000 posts, and best of all, she knows who I am, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Here's to 3000 posts, and to 3000 more.

(((Samanda)))

Oh sweet, and along with my milestone, I've been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

WOO HOO, I made, today I turn 3000.

I can't believe I've reached my 3000th post, I want to thank all you guys for being great friends, giving me a happy and fun place to come to everyday and being good friends. This a good, a place of fun, a place of joy, a place of friends, this is a home away from home. And of course I have to thank Amanda, she's responsible for bringing me to GW and my 3000 posts, and best of all, she knows who I am, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Here's to 3000 posts, and to 3000 more.

(((Samanda)))

Oh sweet, and along with my milestone, I've been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. Awesome.
              Congratulations Rocky! *hugs* and a happy dance!
              sigpic

Comment

here's a cute little fic
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5627327/1/Team_Building

mostly gen, shippy leanings in part 4

a series of little vignettes, all rather funny
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                  Congratulations Rocky! *hugs* and a happy dance!
                  That's Lieutenant Colonel to you, Lieutenant.

Comment

That's Lieutenant Colonel to you, Lieutenant.

BTW- Until you pointed it out just now I had no idea I was promoted to Second Lieutenant
                    sigpic

Comment

The CE of our organisation recently bought a Wii for the break room.. They were thinking about a table tennis table, but a Wii turned out to be cheaper and take up less space
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        here's a cute little fic
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5627327/1/Team_Building

mostly gen, shippy leanings in part 4

a series of little vignettes, all rather funny
                        Thanks for the rec Sky. Bookmarked to read later though as I'm off to work shortly.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        The CE of our organisation recently bought a Wii for the break room.. They were thinking about a table tennis table, but a Wii turned out to be cheaper and take up less space
                        Wii is definitely changing the way we think and play.

Where I work, we have a whole room devoted to gaming down in our employee concierge area. I think there's at two Wii's (last time I checked) and two Xbox's which is pretty cool. I've gone down there many times on breaks with a friend or two and played various games. It's good fun, but not nearly enough time to really get into it before we need to get back up to our tables.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1509

New Amanda Q&A vid with Syfy.

Amanda goes crazy at 02:28.

Comment

Heehee, my plan is working.
                            I feel more educated today...thanks EH-T!
                            Hard to tell which is worse, your scorching heat or our cold. Walked home yesterday and it was -30C with windchill. Today, -38C!
                            I suppose in either condition one might get burned...either sun burn or frost burn!
                            Both, I think.
                            That's what I thought but didn't want to just assume it so that's why I refrained from saying it...thanks...again!
                            Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                            OK, so I googled it and the first sentence that came up was this:
                            "Mention the name Laura Secord and Canadians picture that woman on the chocolate boxes. "
                            Yeah...me too!! Actually it was IIRC, third down on the google list!
                            Yes, but only until all seasons of McGyver have been released on DVD. Until then she will have to keep the VCR to watch her old tapes.
                            RDA is coming over in March and I haven't seen one ep of MacGyver...do you think I should mention that to him when I meet him? -
                            "Oh hey Rick, love Stargate but not sure what the fuss is about with MacWho'sit/MacWhats-his-name!!"
                            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            I heard that in an interview. She also talked about correcting all the "kids" when they did Training Ground. They were holding their guns wrong.
                            That's right...she did too...so that's probably why it sounded familiar in that interview coz I had heard it at AT4!..not the Training Ground thing...the other thing! (just so we're clear)
                            Definitely have to get that game. The Wii is great exercise, that's why I bought one.
                            Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            All this talk of this Wii game has me itching to pick it up now for myself.
                            Yep...I'm in on that idea...just told junior we have to get Curling on the Wii.
                            Yes, they named a chocolate company after her. One more reason to love her. Heroic woman and great chocolates!
                            And lets not forget the wine...great women, great chocolate, great wine...oh my!!
                            Don't know about Sam, but AT was apparently a pretty good tennis player. I seem to recall the guy who plays Pendergast saying he played tennis with her once upon a time.
                            Can't think of anything that AT isn't good at...she claims to be a luddite yet she has an iphone...me thinks she gives herself little credit for her abilities!
                            That scene in The Light is one of my all time favs. Love how RDA says bonspiel.
                            He does say that well doesn't he. That, I must admit, was something that did stand out for me when he said that word...very clever is our little Ricky!!
                            WOO HOO, today I turn 3000.
                            Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            BTW- Until you pointed it out just now I had no idea I was promoted to Second Lieutenant
                            Congratulations on the promotions Lt Colonel and 2nd Lt!!
                            Now get down and give me 20 push ups!!!

(((Samandans)))

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            Today marks the one year anniversary of dads passing. We're going to the mountain tonight for pizza and ice cream with all the family. We wanted to do a bbq but we anticipated a total fire ban day so we opted for the pizza! I'm just debating on whether I will have some of that yummy honey vodka from Neep or open another bottle of that red wine that Amanda mentioned at AT4!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              OT
                              Spoiler:
                              Today marks the one year anniversary of dads passing. We're going to the mountain tonight for pizza and ice cream with all the family. We wanted to do a bbq but we anticipated a total fire ban day so we opted for the pizza! I'm just debating on whether I will have some of that yummy honey vodka from Neep or open another bottle of that red wine that Amanda mentioned at AT4!
                              I hope the time you spend with family, no matter what you decide to do, will be rich in the warm memories you have of your Dad. (((Chelle)))

Comment

I don't why people look at VRC's as old. I have 2 in my house and I love them, of course I have DVD players and a big TV, but I woulnd't want to lose my VCR's either. I have tapes from my childhood on tape that I wouldn't want to lose either.
                                You'll want to eventually transfer your tapes to dvd. Tapes degrade over time just like film. We want to make sure those home movies of little Rocky are preserved.

I don't ever see myself getting a Wii, it looks weird and I'm perfectly happy with my PSW.
                                PSW?

I saw that movie Men With Brooms, I buddy of mine from HS was in that movie actually. And Amanda was in an episode of Due South.

Btw, since I have to take the bus VERY early to get to collage now, I had to go by Toronto today to get a student membership pass, I've been there plenty of times before, but this time the only thing that I could think of when I was there wasn't that I was in a big city or that I saw the CN tower, Toronto only ever really meant something to me after I learned that Amanda grew up there. And Michael too. It was so to be in Amanda's home town in Canada, how everyone ever been there?
                                My only trip to Toronto was to see Amanda in TVM. The play was great. We won't discuss the trip home. (Toronto + March = terror)

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                Oh fantastic! Ludditry, curling and strong Canadian women. Eh-T, how does it feel to have your very own thread?
                                It's all part of her evil plan.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                This 'game' I have is different than the sports one that usually comes with the Wii system when you buy it. It's more of like having a personal fitness trainer. It takes into account age and lifestyle/nutrition and provides differing exercises to target upper/lower parts of the body including cardio and offers a 30 day challenge which is especially designed for you. There is some regulars exercises (all in a pretty setting, but still exercises) like lunges, running, bicep curls, squats, etc.. As well as the fun exercises like tennis, volleyball, boxing, and inline skating. These are what I enjoy most as you don't even realize your working different parts of your body because your mind is on excelling at the sport. Can you tell I'm highly competitive?

I'd highly recommend this 'game' to anyone seeking a way to keep their weight down and stay toned. It only takes 30 min a day to 'play' and the advantages to health and mind are numerous.

Just as rderoch has said, the cables come with the system when you buy it and are easily plugged into any tv. You might have to change your tv's input signal when you go to use the system each time (as I have to), but that's easily done.

Good luck with it and if you need any help, just shout! Wii is wonderful and many of the games are great fun to play.
                                Do you have Wii Active or Wii Fitness? I got the Wii for the exercise. I have equipment I never use and figured I just need something fun to do in the winter.

p.s. I posted some chat tidbits on the Sanctuary discussion page.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X