Look what Jper made for me

<<<

Ain't she cute?
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oh,and aint' he cute?

a friend of mine made him for me

Crabby, fleeing from the crew of the Northwestern (Deadliest Catch)

He's my new mascot
        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey everyone,

OK so its Christmas Eve for most of us, here a question for everyone. When you were little how did Santa get into you houses and what did you leave him and his raindeer to eat?

Also what about Sam as a child, would she believe in Santa?
          I didnt believe in Santa. When I was four years old, my brothers squashed that fantasy for me. One night they took me into my folks room and steered me to their bed. Lifting up the bed skirt, I saw nearly every toy I had asked for there (and ones they had asked for as well) in all it's unwrapped glory. I never told my folks that I knew it was them giving us the gifts and not some jolly fat guy even though they kept up the tradition of Santa year after year. Guess I didnt want to make them feel badly because even at that young age, I knew that the illusion of Santa was a big deal for parents to bestow upon their kids like some warped inheritance or whatever. They enjoyed the charade as parents will do till I was about 7 or 8 I guess. Then I was old enough to start buying or making gifts on my own for others and they gave up the effort of trying to keep things so secretive and magical for us. I didnt mind.

I don't think Sam believed in Santa in the traditional sense, but approached the lore from a scientific point of view and her desire to put an end to all the fantasy surrounding the myth. All for her own fun and peace of mind though as I can't see her being mean and spoiling the fun and fantasy for Mark and any friends she might have that still believed; tracking his sleigh; disputing the logicality of fitting down a chimney, visiting all the children of the world in one evening, how he didn't just explode with all the cookies and milk left by these children for him to eat, naughty and nice lists, etc...

OT
          We had an ice storm last night which is always fun. My sarcasm I hope is quite apparent. It's quite pretty on the trees and bushes though, but definitely not good for walking or driving on. No one needs additional medical bills for falling or their insurance premiums going up. We have a massive weather system pushing through the entirety of the Midwest at the moment with a combination of rain, ice, and snow as it moves through. We're getting the sleet now, but later tonight they keep saying it's going to change over to all snow again. We're definitely having a white Christmas regardless as the everything is still covered nice and heavy with the white stuff still from our last snowfall a few days ago.

I'll be working for xmas eve and day which is definitely 'meh-worthy' (with lots and lots of overtime this week already..blah), but I am looking forward to having dinner at my mom's tomorrow and best of all, my gf will be back in town on Saturday. We agreed to hold off exchanging our gifts to each other till then because we were both so busy before she left. We hopefully will have a very relaxed and fun weekend to just chill out and celebrate in our own fashion together. Our first Christmas!

Wishing all Samandans a wonderful Holiday Season and a safe New Years!

Now...off to wrap those presents for everyone!

Comment

OK so its Christmas Eve for most of us, here a question for everyone. When you were little how did Santa get into you houses and what did you leave him and his raindeer to eat?

I never did figure out how Santa got into the house. We had two fireplaces, but one had a woodstove where he would cook like a goose and the other was right outside my bedroom and I watched it like a hawk (except of course when I fell asleep but that was beside the point )

We finally decided he came through the front door because there was never any foot prints in the house (we all took our shoes off) except for on the front door rug. The reindeer ate wheat in the wheat fields just like all of the other animals.

There was one pretty interesting Christmas one year when we saw two straight tracks with the hoof prints through the wheat field that weren't from a snow mobile. Those tracks are why I still believe in Santa Claus today.

We lived 30 miles from the nearest very small town and 60 miles from the nearest town with much shopping. How in the world did all those presents get under the tree when there were no tire tracks for miles and miles around, if it wasn't Santa?

I bet Sam had a traditional upbringing. Although, with moving around for the military, chances are she learned about Santa at a pretty early age. I think she did keep up appearances for her brother and his kids though.

Weather report: The blizzard has ended a day early and the sun is very bright. Everything is covered in about 6 inches of snow and is looking very, very Christmas like.

We are going to candlelight services tonight at church. It will be interesting because we have to do hold a candle, hold the hymn book, do communion, shake hands, etc. all at once. I only have two hands ?!?!? It could be an interesting night

I would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas to both you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Look what Jper made for me

<<<

Ain't she cute?
              she sure is

i dont think i ever questioned how santa got into the house or anything like that, but i know that i never told my parents when i found out and my brother (2 years younger) told me and we both didnt tell our parents... eventually they asked us about it hasnt stopped santa coming every year for 26 years though

i think sam believed in santa in the traditional sense, but i also reckon she stopped believeing earlier then most... but of course she wouldnt ruin it for anyone else

well its christmas day here in australia and everyone else is currently having breakfast... i woke up to this beautiful message on my phone:

Merry Xmas! And a Happy New Year! ... If luck is a raindrop, I'd send u a shower, if hope is a minute, I'd send u an hour, if happiness is a leaf, I'd give u a tree. Hope that you have a great day with family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

((SAMANDANS))
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Mum never let us believe in Father Christmas because we had to be grateful and thank them for buying the gifts, not just think they magically appeared She also thought it was cruel for when we eventually found out. So while we played along, we always knew it was just playing.

Just like the tooth fairy. Although I never could work out how dad slipped the $2 coin under my pillow without waking me up. Now I have nieces and nephews I know that when they are sleeping soundly a glider attack wouldn't wake them.

My sister and I were allowed to open one gift when we got home from midnight mass because it was technically Christmas. We would dive for the evasive gift that no amount of prodding or shaking had shed any light on

Is anyone tracking Father Christmas? It's fun

http://www.noradsanta.org/
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I could never work out how my stocking was filled without me waking up either!

Merry Xmas Samandans!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    It's Christmas Eve here already...Santa comes down under tonight!!!

I would just like to say thank you to everyone here in Samanda for all the love and support shown not only to me but to each and every one of us who visits this wonderful thread. For some of us, 2009 has been a rather difficult year, while for others it has been one of celebration. Through all of this, we have all stood together to laugh and cry and just be there for one another. Because that's what friends do for each other. For me personally, I feel very lucky and privileged to have the friends I have in my life.
                    So...take care, stay safe and hug your loved ones.
                    (((Samandans)))

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
                    Well said, and ditto!

My parents never really tried the Santa thing with my siblings and I, so we always knew it was our parents who were the real Santas.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                      christmas messages to amanda are up
                      Yay.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hey everyone,

In our house we had no chimney so my Mum told my brother and I that Santa had a magic key that he would use if you had no fireplace. He would place our Santa sacks at the bottom of our beds...but wait! One year (I was about 6/7 years old) Santa woke us and showed us the gifts, but said if we touched them before morning, Black Peter would come and turn them into stone! 5 mins later Mum and Dad came in and went to look inside the sacks, well I cried and my brother was like "noooooooo!" My Mum coulda won an Oscar for not cracking into giggles. I'm traumatised I tell you!
                      We left out a mince pie for Santa and apples for the raindeer. LOL.

To everyone who lives where its Christmas Day already, hope Santa was/is good to you!!

To everyone else hope Christmas Eve is going well!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      I'm like Kat, I never really thought about how Santa got in my house, I just cared about what he left behind.

Let me tell you something, once I was like 7 I got up on Christmas day, went downstairs, and found ZERO gifts under my tree, I was crushed. Then my mom sued up from her house (my parents are divorced) and she had all the presents. She said Santa took them there by mistake, I was still in tears.

But this makes today I great day-

@amandatapping: Merry holidays to everyone!! Love, light and much laughter for 2010. Huge gratitude to all of you and much, much love. Xoxoxo

Comment

here's a topic
                        what's your favorite christmas movie????

Right now I'm watching White Christmas

sigpic

Comment

here's a topic

I don't really have a fave, but I'd have to say I have a soft spot for It's a Wonderful Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            Yay.

I'm like Kat, I never really thought about how Santa got in my house, I just cared about what he left behind.

Let me tell you something, once I was like 7 I got up on Christmas day, went downstairs, and found ZERO gifts under my tree, I was crushed. Then my mom sued up from her house (my parents are divorced) and she had all the presents. She said Santa took them there by mistake, I was still in tears.

But this makes today I great day-

@amandatapping: Merry holidays to everyone!! Love, light and much laughter for 2010. Huge gratitude to all of you and much, much love. Xoxoxo
                            yay christmas love from amanda she is so sweet to take the time to leave a message for everyone on christmas eve

here's a topic

there are so many good christmas movies out there that we watch every year...

but as a fun set i love the santa claus' with tim allen...

and a more obscure christmas movie i absolutely love is 'a season for miracles'...
                            Last edited by katjoy; 24 December 2009, 05:38 PM.
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I know I haven't had time to hang out here in a while but you guys haven't been out of my mind...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope everyone has a great time!

as for X-mas films...when I was a kid I always loved "The Snowman", along with the classics like "It's a Wonderful Life", and "White Christmas"

Comment

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X