Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    This is totally off-topic but I wanted to ask everyone to please take a moment to say a prayer for the people located in the southern part of the United States. I'm sure if you live in the United States you have already heard about the hurricane that is about to hit Louisianna, Mississippi and Alabama. Hurricane Katrina has been categorized a level 5 hurricane and is at present time is ranked the 4th largest Atlantic based hurricane ever.

Perhaps it's the fact that I share the name with this Hurricane, but I find it very disheartening to turn on the television or radio and hear my name be spoken over and over in such a cataclysmic manner.

I know today is Amanda's birthday and I hate to have to bring down the mood on the thread, but I know Amanda, being the warm and caring person that she is, would also want us to keep these people in our prayers.

Kat

EEk. That looks quite scary. My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I hope that everyone in the area stays safe! (especially the people here )

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      Yeah that made me sad too...(especially when you know about AT's history of miscarriages)..Overall I thought the episode was pretty awesome, even if it did make me cry, especially as it was ActionSam/LeaderSam in a way, because the plan was all hers...she had to boot Jack's butt into gear.

Maybe it's goodness is in the fact that you really do feel for poor old Sam's predicament.

*sigh* I just noticed all the catch up I have to do! You go away for one week...

That little bit in Janets office where Sam was waiting for Janet to tell her if she could have children was the reason i wrote to Amanda, it was played so well that it still makes me cold when i watch it.
      One thing i've often wondered about is this, that was a future AU Sam who really did want children, would our Sam also wish this still? i know this was addressed a bit in s8 but if she were in a relationship this year with Jack (fingers crossed that she is as i'm a J&S shipper) would that still be the case? just a thought as imho Sam from 2010 and our Sam are not that differant from each other.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        oddly enough, i kinda like the cousins idea

it would explain sam's familiarity, cam's involvement with the sgc
        Then again simple friendship and the fact that hes a good pilot would also explain it

BRJSG1 - Email me and I can give you a hand distributing the video files
        Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        This is totally off-topic

I know today is Amanda's birthday and I hate to have to bring down the mood on the thread, but I know Amanda, being the warm and caring person that she is, would also want us to keep these people in our prayers.

Kat
        I think you managed to make it on-topic
        well amanda's got better things to think about in her life right now and by bringing in cam, they give her the time off she needs adn wants
        i think that's why they're playing it low and careful. this season is a huge risk, and if they alienate all the jack fans and the sam fans, they run the risk of losing the whole thing. More than one show has died after its lead has been replaced
        Its been a combination of factors - with her needing time off and the fact that she is still nursing perhaps they thought it was better not to make her leader

Isn't risk the name of the game
        Originally posted by jckfan55
        As a major (I think he was promoted after Lost City) he might have commanded other pilots, but in the backstory we got there was little sense of a command presence and no sense of other skills he might bring to the team.
        He seemed like leadership material to me in the flashbacks
        Originally posted by majorsal
        August 28th... hmmm, i wonder what's important about this date?.....

IT'S OUT QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY!!

Happy Birthday, Amanda!!!

sally
        I am guessing you are in a different timezone because in the UK that post was made at 5.57AM on the 29th!!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Hey! Where are these pics coming from?!
        I found them:

http://unclebubby.com/starstruck/ima...po2K2/Tapping/
        I agree!! Wowie!! Isn't it amazing what breastfeeding does for the figure...
        Huh??
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I have the space and bandwidth to host it if you need somewhere to put it. Let me know if you want it.

Originally posted by Dani76
          I would so looovve to get that video - would be great if you could link it somehow so that we can download it. Thanks for the post and the offer.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            As a major (I think he was promoted after Lost City) he might have commanded other pilots...
            Actually, he was a Lt. Col during Lost City. If you have a look at that flashback in Avalon where he's breifing the other pilots, you can see the silver oak leaf on his flight suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              I have the space and bandwidth to host it if you need somewhere to put it. Let me know if you want it.

Excellent seems like we are sorted
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                Huh??
                LOL. Not that AT doesn't have a totally awesome figure, but breastfeeding tends to give one a size boost in certain areas. (Not that I am speaking from experience, but I'm sure some of the Mum's here can back me up).

Gee she looks good doesn't she? *sigh*

Tara>>> Yeah that bit with Janet and Sam in 2010 broke my heart. I was once told I might never have kids (don't worry all fixed!), but a lot of that despair I could really relate to.

It is interesting isn't it..the whole career woman and when do you fit in babies. I know that they addressed that a little in Grace, but even though some of it has been resolved, you wonder if that issue will be addressed at some point.

And yes, I too hope that Jack will feature there somewhere, but I did see something on the ship family post about it possibly being Rodney LOL

Comment

And yes, I too hope that Jack will feature there somewhere, but I did see something on the ship family post about it possibly being Rodney LOL
                  I'd be happy with Rodney over Jack. In fact I'd be happy with Any Character (male or female) than Jack. Why? To annoy the Sam/Jack shippers of course

Comment

i was thinking about sam not leading. remember the issues folks have had with rda's schedule and jack? how they had a hard time making him be the leader while he was off so much?

i think another reason they brought cam in was to alleviate that with amanda. they knew that she'd miss the first few eps, and because olivia was late, she missed a bit more although, because of clever writing, we didn't totally notice it.

i think another reason they had cam be in command was to avoid rda syndrome. they wanted a leader who could devote full time to the show.

don't get me wrong, i really wish sam would oficially be in command...but i have a feeling that even if cam is the boss on paper, they get off world and on a mission, it'll be very clear who's wearing the pants on the team
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL. Not that AT doesn't have a totally awesome figure, but breastfeeding tends to give one a size boost in certain areas. (Not that I am speaking from experience, but I'm sure some of the Mum's here can back me up).

Gee she looks good doesn't she? *sigh*
                      I see - I wasnt aware that your figure kept changing after pregnancy aswell

http://amandatapping.free.fr/images/...2_by_Faith.JPG

For more see http://amandatapping.free.fr/images/Gatecon04/Faith/
                      love Torri

Comment

it'll be very clear who's wearing the pants on the team
                        I think you should put down the x-ray glasses
                        love Torri

Comment

i was thinking about sam not leading. remember the issues folks have had with rda's schedule and jack? how they had a hard time making him be the leader while he was off so much?

i think another reason they brought cam in was to alleviate that with amanda. they knew that she'd miss the first few eps, and because olivia was late, she missed a bit more although, because of clever writing, we didn't totally notice it.

i think another reason they had cam be in command was to avoid rda syndrome. they wanted a leader who could devote full time to the show.

don't get me wrong, i really wish sam would oficially be in command...but i have a feeling that even if cam is the boss on paper, they get off world and on a mission, it'll be very clear who's wearing the pants on the team

I've yet to see s9 but is'nt Amanda doing 14-15 hour days like she was doing before becoming pregnant? i do seem to have read that some where on the internet, if that is the case and she is indeed doing those hours then i would dearly love to see why they seem to be taking the road they seem to be taken with the Sam/Cam thing.
                          ......TARA......

Comment

When I was pregnant I read of a Swedish study that found the brain of a pregnant woman shrinks considerably due to the fact that so much oxygen goes to the baby, not to mention gravity and the effects of having a bowling ball in your stomach. The brain doesn't return to normal size until at least 6-18 after birth (something like that). From personal experience I can tell you brain function just ain't the same. The amount of brainspace you can devote to stuff is much lower. While you actually work longer days/hours than before baby, a lessened workload helps. If I were Amanda I would absolutely NEED what they are doing right now, but I'm SO not Amanda. Its just a thought/theory.
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Ok, so I've had a chance to watch EDM last night and I'll have to say that this was one of the better episodes of the season. Sam was terrific in it. And I adored her conversation with Barrett. Poor guy, he just doesn't know when to quit, does he? My little shipper heart did a tiny SQUEEE with their conversation. I'm not convinced that there's anything between Cam and Sam (non-shippy of course) other than they're two AF collegues. I'll probably watch it again, as I was trying to recover from flying all day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Interview with Cameron Bright http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=328
                                SG-P: Have you heard about Stargate before? If you do so – do you watch the show on television?
                                CB: Yes, we watch Stargate on TV and I met Amanda Tapping on a plane on a flight from LA to Vancouver. She was very nice to me and my mom.

SG-P: Who’s the funniest guy on set?
                                CB: Michael [Shanks], Chris [Judge] and Amanda [Tapping] were fun to hang out with. Michael and I had a goofy moment while shooting one of the scenes where they are monitoring me from another room. I was in the other room and he was looking at a tv monitor that had me on it and I was kicking him in the face and he was whipping his head back as he saw my foot coming to him. The director and everyone were laughing so hard and Andy [Mikita] (director) rolled on it so maybe it will be on a dvd someday so you will all know what I am talking about.

SG-P: Who did you have the most scenes with?
                                CB: The scenes were pretty even but Amanda was predominant.
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X