No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for posting these parsifal. AT really does look great in that outfit.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hallelujah, Sam is truely back! WHOOT!!! Great pics!!

*I went to Stargatecaps.com and saw it was down! I almost died!!! You've saved me!*
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        Hallelujah, Sam is truely back! WHOOT!!! Great pics!!

*I went to Stargatecaps.com and saw it was down! I almost died!!! You've saved me!*
        I put these up in the Sam/Jack thread, but I'll put them here as well. A selection of Sam's other scenes from last night.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/5280/131yb.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2908/173ji.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/292/215wf.jpg (one of my favorites)
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9233/264vk.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2425/426mt.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2070/534ft.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2387/724tu.jpg
        http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4646/824dx.jpg

Comment

This lunchtime had a quick look in WHSmiths and they have the latest Dreamwatch magazine in stock. On the front cover it says "Amanda Tapping - why I will never quit Stargate" The interview is reasonably long with a number of piccis, not too much we haven't heard, but she is happy with the character this season and says they have changed the character enough throughout the seasons to keep it interesting. Apparently she and michael shanks have been laughing about them appearing in stargate with their zimmer (walking) frames and a season 15 is being talked about around the production water cooler. - I think I have remembered all that right. So it sounds as though Amanda will be around as long as SG1 is - that is great news!!!

Sad thing is my skim reading didn't manage to pick out "why" Amanda will never quite Stargate!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            This lunchtime had a quick look in WHSmiths and they have the latest Dreamwatch magazine in stock. On the front cover it says "Amanda Tapping - why I will never quit Stargate" The interview is reasonably long with a number of piccis, not too much we haven't heard, but she is happy with the character this season and says they have changed the character enough throughout the seasons to keep it interesting. Apparently she and michael shanks have been laughing about them appearing in stargate with their zimmer (walking) frames and a season 15 is being talked about around the production water cooler. - I think I have remembered all that right. So it sounds as though Amanda will be around as long as SG1 is - that is great news!!!

Sad thing is my skim reading didn't manage to pick out "why" Amanda will never quite Stargate!!!!
            That's great news - thanks Coley - although I'd like to know more about the "WHY", too.
            Anybody know if they sell the Dreamwatch magazine here in the US?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
              Ex Deus Machina
              Spoiler:
              I loved the “patches” scene in Friday night’s episode. No dialog.

Cam makes the offer of the SG1 patch.
              Sam nodes a shy yes.
              So, it’s off with the old and
              On with new.

Looks like Sam is happy to be back and Cam is delighted (and probably relieved) she accepted her new patch.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/samfan/Patches.jpg
              wow SamFan31 that is some good capping

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                That's great news - thanks Coley - although I'd like to know more about the "WHY", too.
                Anybody know if they sell the Dreamwatch magazine here in the US?
                probably in a bigger book store, like barnes and noble or hastings

you might have to wait a bit though. it's been my expeience that uk mags take a week or three to get here to the states
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Those are magnifecent! I love the one second down to the last one. ROFL! AT and her faces, hehehe.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    homage montage "to Sam". hope you enjoy

lovely montage of AT

Comment

Originally Posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                      homage montage "to Sam". hope you enjoy

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b...magemontage.jpg
                      Originally posted by gatebee
                      lovely montage of AT
                      I second that - great job, Almond!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        Spoiler:

dude, how did they grow them so fast?
                        Spoiler:
                        I had the same thought, but wondered if Baal (with the help of his Super IT guy Nerus) somehow adapted the nanotechnology Apophis used to accellerate the growth of Shefu. They didn't really answer the question; but if they are going to make a Baal story arc they'll probably be explaining it in future eps. I hope.

Spoiler:
                        and i liekd seeing tealc's intellignent side. it's a nice break from the 'silent muscle' he usually plays
                        Spoiler:
                        Teal'c/CJ was terrific. Its like with the freedom of his people he's coming more into 'himself' as a statesman/diplomat and going beyond the warrior deal. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing more of the Big T-man.

Spoiler:
                        not to mention no one noticing a teltac flitting around the planet
                        Spoiler:
                        That made me go 'hmmmmm' as well. A bit sloppy considering last week's discussion of how great us Tau'ri must look having defeated the Replicators and the Goa'uld....

Spoiler:
                        And what does NOT EXACTLY mean anyway????? Its killing me
                        Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 27 August 2005, 12:01 PM. Reason: dang spoiler tags...er, I mean, lack of brain cells
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally Posted by Coley:
                          I just have to say how delighted I am to read this. That awful, greedy part of myself that loves Stargate and wants to see more is ecstatic at the idea of Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping sticking with it until the end. It's difficult enough for me to swallow the tale that the SGC continues on without Jack O'neill playing a significant role in daily operations. I'm really not sure I could stomach no Sam Carter as well.

That said, the rather miniscule, oft-ingnored part of myself that likes to see others happy and content is also delighted with these comments. As far as I know, this article marks the first time that Amanda Tapping has outright stated a desire to remain with the show for a significant time to come. Chris Judge and Michael Shanks have also made similar comments. So, it seems that the majority of my team will be sticking around for quite awhile. They all seem quite satisfied with their careers and lives, and they've all provided me with enough enjoyment for the last nine years that I'm happy that they're happy.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Glad to see everyone enjoyed tonight's ep. I didn't get in from dinner until after it started, so I'm watching the 10pm repeat.

But, the Royal Researcher has big news for Samanda tonight (although I didn't research it---it just came to me by happy fate). I got a message from Atteria's husband today! It was there when I logged in from work at lunch.....but the forum was down then! So here it is! It's not all good news, but I felt encouraged by it. And I wrote him back immediately, asking him to keep us posted, so I am optimistic that he will.

Here's the message:

Thank you for writing and please thank everyone else for being so kind. Nikki is back in the hospital, with another complication from the surgery. Things have not been going well. But the docs are still giving us hope and she's a real fighter.

I'll tell her you wrote and that everyone in Samanda is pulling for her. I know she will be so happy you haven't forgotten her. She talks about all of you so often and how she misses you. I hope someday she will be strong enough to return.

Thank you again. You have all been so wonderful, especially you. I'll be leaving soon to visit, so I'll be sure to give her your messages.
                            Thanks for the update on Atteria. Still thinking, still praying...

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                              I just have to say how delighted I am to read this. That awful, greedy part of myself that loves Stargate and wants to see more is ecstatic at the idea of Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping sticking with it until the end. It's difficult enough for me to swallow the tale that the SGC continues on without Jack O'neill playing a significant role in daily operations. I'm really not sure I could stomach no Sam Carter as well.

<some snip>They all seem quite satisfied with their careers and lives, and they've all provided me with enough enjoyment for the last nine years that I'm happy that they're happy.
                              Stargate without Amanda....I really don't think they could pull that one off without doing a complete spinoff. I'm very happy to read this as well; you always wonder after people have a family if they will stick with showbiz - its a tough tough field.

I think actors who are happy and a staff that's like a family *must* make for a better show. Kudos to AT for keeping Olivia with her.
                              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Working...
                              X