• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New picture of Sam from Babylon can be found here
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Aw, hell... Mitchell's wearing his hat backwards like you-know-who. I mean, he still looks dang hot, but dagnabbit, they're the only two people in the HISTORY OF THE SGC who do it! Why, oh why, must they rub salt in our wounds!

Oh, and I must say that I'm glad that Doorag Daniel is back. There's just something about that head piece that SCREAMS "Dr. Daniel Jackson."

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Thanks for the link, Tsaxlady. Looks like it's going to be a great episode. And it seems that Sam is wearing her SG-1 patch again - at least it looks like it on the pic with Sam, Daniel, and Mitchell.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

A couple of days ago I told you guys about an AT interview I had read in the SFX magazine. Well, it is now posted on Abydos Gate: http://tapping.stargate-sg1.hu/interviews.php
          It's the first one on top of the page with the black-and-white pic of Amanda. Enjoy!!
          Last edited by Dani76; 25 August 2005, 03:36 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz:
            Wow... All that from a couple of spoilers?
            Yeah, all that from a couple of spoilers and Martin Wood's comment: "As for Grace under Pressure...think about [...] SG-1's episode called Grace and then think of McKay - by himself..."
            It might not have to do with the kid, Grace, anyway.
            To be clear, it's not the kid to which I was referring. It was the entire episode, the idea and execution. McKay alone on a leaking ship, hallucinating, seems to diminish the magnitude of Grace (the episode) for me. It was so key for Sam and for us as an audience because it happened after seven years, after she'd been through so much. A look at her subconscious thoughts, dreams, and fears was a tremendous insight. That McKay has a similar experience after just one and half years on Atlantis, to me it just lacks the time and familiarity necessary for the story to have the same level of meaning. That, and it is a complete rip-off.
            And AT and DH may just be given the chance to banter, kiss-free!
            Again, to clarify, this isn't really something that I'm worried about. Whether or not there's a kiss is insignificant. But there is an obviousness to the scenario that makes it seem likely. McKay's infatuation with Sam has always been included as a main point of his interactions with her, whether in 48 Hours, Redemption, or Moebius. Even in Letters from Pegasus, totally unprompted, TPTB felt the need to include it. I'd hate for the crossover aspect of the episode to be dominated by McKay's desire to play out his fantasies. And I'd hate for the Sam/Jack stuff from Grace, which was so important to Sam as a character, to be mirrored by a scene played entirely for laughs between Sam and McKay in Grace Under Pressure. While funny, it would be a parody. And I'd hate to see something as paramount to Sam (and SG-1 as a show) debased so.

Meh. I don't know anything for sure. And I won't for quite a while. The good news is that my expectations for the episode are so low that, in the end, my opinion of it after airing can only go up.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              e. We may gush a lot on this thread and some of the guys may drool a bit over AT ,
              I'd be very careful to wipe the drool of her when I'm finished

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              I expect Agent Dark's PC has become quite accustomed to the drool lol
              These keyboards were designed specifically for that situation

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                I must say that I for one am really NOT looking forward to this one...
                Well, I'll wait until I see it first I remember some people expressing concern that Powers That Be, for example, was just going to be a re-hash of Cor'ai. But that didn't turn out to be the case.
                I'll just look forward to the McKay/Carter banter

Comment

Yeah, all that from a couple of spoilers and Martin Wood's comment: "As for Grace under Pressure...think about [...] SG-1's episode called Grace and then think of McKay - by himself..."
                  Ah. Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. But I'm wondering how much soul-searching McKay could do in this ep. Although... I'm hoping AT is playing Real Sam and not Hallucination Sam. Though the bantering would be humorous, that would irritate me.

To be clear, it's not the kid to which I was referring. It was the entire episode, the idea and execution. McKay alone on a leaking ship, hallucinating, seems to diminish the magnitude of Grace (the episode) for me. It was so key for Sam and for us as an audience because it happened after seven years, after she'd been through so much. A look at her subconscious thoughts, dreams, and fears was a tremendous insight. That McKay has a similar experience after just one and half years on Atlantis, to me it just lacks the time and familiarity necessary for the story to have the same level of meaning. That, and it is a complete rip-off.

Again, to clarify, this isn't really something that I'm worried about. Whether or not there's a kiss is insignificant. But there is an obviousness to the scenario that makes it seem likely. McKay's infatuation with Sam has always been included as a main point of his interactions with her, whether in 48 Hours, Redemption, or Moebius. Even in Letters from Pegasus, totally unprompted, TPTB felt the need to include it. I'd hate for the crossover aspect of the episode to be dominated by McKay's desire to play out his fantasies. And I'd hate for the Sam/Jack stuff from Grace, which was so important to Sam as a character, to be mirrored by a scene played entirely for laughs between Sam and McKay in Grace Under Pressure. While funny, it would be a parody. And I'd hate to see something as paramount to Sam (and SG-1 as a show) debased so.
                  It has the potential to be a rip-off, I'll admit. But maybe they'll do something with it. There's always hope. "Grace," for me, will always be Sam's Episode. If TPTB decide to cop out and parody that ep because they felt that fans weren't responsive to it the first time around, I'll be surpremely pissed.

However... I think the general consensus is that AT and DH have good chemistry together, in a bit of a Daniel/Vala sort of way. Nothing happens, but they joke about it anyway. Only... There's little doubt in my mind that Daniel/Vala will get together, while I can rest assured that Sam and McKay NEVER will. For some reason, guys like Barrett and McKay let loose a bit a snarkiness in Sam that we rarely see.

I wouldn't mind McKay going through these issues if it was for the sole purpose of explaining who these alien beings are and how they affect Atlantis/The SGC. If the ep is simply there as a filler and an opportunity for Hewlett to make me laugh, I don't know how forgiving I'll be. I, too, don't want McKay Humor to be had at Sam's expense...

While TPTB took a bit of a cheap (and rather funny) shot in having McKay make those comments in "Letters from Pegasus," I think they were just taking advantage of the fact that Sam was gonna be at the end of that episode. Now that Sam is legally allowed to appear in eps, and they've written the series in such a way that that's plausible, I don't think you can write a proper crossover ep without addressing the tension - or what have you - between these two characters.

But, again, we won't know much more until it gets closer to the hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Congratulations to our newest Samandan Scribe, Shimmering Star, who has just written her very first fanfic! She shall be added to our official list soon!

Look forward to reading your story at my first chance! Can you please share the direct links again with our fellow Samandans?
                    The links to the story are below my sigpic, but here they are for those who have the show sigs option turned off:
                    http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/choices.html
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/~shimmeringstar214

I started it about this time last year as a way to deal with what I watched in S8’s Affinity. Eight pages blossomed to 30 then ultimately up to 70-ish. It eventually got uploaded to here & FF.net back in April. It’s okay for a first attempt. (Believe me, I know there’s fic out there that’s way better! And I hadn’t written creatively like that since college! ) My second one is better IMO. (But I can’t share it yet… it’s out with the beta…) And I even have FF #3 up close to 15K words… (a sequel to #1 thanks to FHBagpuss here at GW who’d asked me back when I “published” #1 if I was going to write a sequel) Well, a kernel of an idea finally sprouted and grew!

Am taking a break from it for a bit though. RL/work is really busy and during my downtime I wanted to play with my other computer addiction (Photoshop) that I’d ignored for a bit. In fact that’s where I’m headed off to now… (PS) I’d like to send in at least 3 Sam walls to the AT contest… http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk/ Two are done and I need to make my idea for wall #3 a reality this evening.

(((CG)))
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Agent_Dark:
                      Well, I'll wait until I see it first I remember some people expressing concern that Powers That Be, for example, was just going to be a re-hash of Cor'ai. But that didn't turn out to be the case.
                      I'll just look forward to the McKay/Carter banter
                      Oh, for sure, I'm reserving judgement until I see the episode. For as down as I sound about Grace Under Pressure--and rereading my own posts, I do sound pretty down--I'm still somewhat hopeful that there may be at least a smidgen of good character stuff in there for Sam. And, rest assured, if it turns out to be a great episode I'll be the first one on here admitting I was wrong. I'd love to be wrong. I'm just getting that Chimera vibe all over again.
                      Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz:
                      Ah. Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. But I'm wondering how much soul-searching McKay could do in this ep.
                      I definitely think that this episode is all about McKay doing some soul searching. And to be sure, I'd absolutely love some McKay/Carter interaction if Sam is playing a similar role for Rodney as she played for Felger in Avenger 2.0. Despite Avenger 2.0's other shortcomings, the relationship that Sam developed with Felger, that big sister type of dynamic, was, in my opinion, a great insight into a rarely seen side of Sam. It was great to see her really lead, really motivate the people she works with.
                      I wouldn't mind McKay going through these issues if it was for the sole purpose of explaining who these alien beings are and how they affect Atlantis/The SGC. If the ep is simply there as a filler and an opportunity for Hewlett to make me laugh, I don't know how forgiving I'll be. I, too, don't want McKay Humor to be had at Sam's expense...
                      I'm not entirely sure that the aliens from Grace are going to make an appearance, if that's what you mean. At least I hope not. That would truly be too much of a rip-off for me. And yeah, I don't want to see Sam played for laughs either, even if it is only in Rodney's head. But, that's my fear, baseless and without merit though it is. I hope.

Comment

Despite Avenger 2.0's other shortcomings, the relationship that Sam developed with Felger, that big sister type of dynamic, was, in my opinion, a great insight into a rarely seen side of Sam. It was great to see her really lead, really motivate the people she works with.
                        That's something I totally forgot about! And it's a good point, golfbooy. Sam's a big sister to Daniel and a younger sister to Teal'c. Despite the sexual undertones between her and Barrett, I still get that sisterly vibe. And, if I look deep enough, I could kinda see it happening in "Grace Under Pressure." There's something about her character that can be kinda nurturing. Maybe it's because it's Amanda Tapping, and practically everyone who comes in contact with her says the same thing...

Comment

(((Hello))) (((Anybody out there)))
                          Did Everybody leave me???

~Just because...and so we don't end up on page 2!~

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

14 hours!!! and another great SG-1 ep with Sam!! (it better be great).
                            Guy on the radio up here has I believe Fridays. Here's a couple of mine for today.

I believe today we will see the formation of SG-1 the team.
                            I believe the imputance for this formation will be some great bad guy interaction
                            I believe Sam will be an integral part of making this happen.
                            I believe Sam will then prove to be an integral part of the team.
                            I believe that our interactions with the jaffa free nation cannot end well with Garak in charge.
                            I believe Garak in charge of the jaffa free nation will annoy me to no end.
                            I believe SG-1 with Teal'c as a team member will eventually overcom Garak.

oh, and I beleive SG-1 Team with Sam on it Rules!!!
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              I'd be very careful to wipe the drool of her when I'm finished

These keyboards were designed specifically for that situation
                              ROFLMAO - Do you really have that keyboard

The virtually indestructible keyboard, a silicon-based full size flexible computer keyboard, features a unique combination of durability and soft, comfortable feel. The washable, "roll-able" keyboard has been called "the best thing to happen to typing since the backspace key."
                              The unique material allows you not only to clean the keyboard with soap and water but also makes it resistant to dirt, and even coffee or tea! Simply wipe up any spilled liquid with a damp cloth and continue working.
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

The thread was on page 2 so here you go:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X