Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed...

Tsaxlady, Congratulations on post #800 !!!

Comment

Hey Dani I love this picture - great job
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested I did decide to go back and ask JM another question about that post he made about Carter's arc (I stayed respectful as much as I wanted to challenge him with the Daniel and Teal'c arc info and how those 2 have had arcs for 8 years while Carter has lost almost every relevant substantive arc she has ever had but I didn't). I hope he gets it this time and gives Carter fans, well at least me, something to hang on to. I have seen on a few other threads people grabbing on to this post to make comments about little or less Carter in S9 and I thought - what the heck - let me try again - he considers it a game well now so do I.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Hey Dani I love this picture - great job

Thank you, and Congratulations on 800 posts !!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I really, really like the idea of Sam and Jack together and fanfic is a great way to see them that way, but god why do so many authors take an absolutely wonderful story and sugar coat it. This, to me, is so NOT Jack. I can see him being tender and taking care of Sam, but so many authors and stories loose me when they go way over the top like this. And Sammy? *Shiver* The only voice I hear when I see the word Sammy is Jacob's.

Kat
            yeah, i feel the same way sometimes. and i think a lot of it is how we each interpret the characters. personally? i don't see jack ever calling her sammy unless he's trying to push her buttons. i can see Sam, Carter and an occaional seductive 'samantha' (hear a drawling, low and sexy voice here) and i see sam calling him jack

there might also be an occasional babe, hon, honey but i really dont' see the characters how some others do.

i've read fic where jack's all hyper romantic, serenading sam or she's all giggly and sugary and, well that's just not how i see them

maybe it's a fantasy thing? or maybe an age thing? such as younger writers over-romantizing things

i just know that, for me, i see both of these characters as very mellow in their actions, very circumspect in their actions and very low key in thier behaviors, and when i read fic, they have to act that way or it just strikes me as off
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Well, I guess, I can't really put into words what I want to say, so here are my thoughts expressed in a picture.

Wonderful graphic, Dani! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone!

You've probably already seen this wonderfully heartwrenching Jacob-Sam video montage, but if you haven't, here's a link
              >>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes' A wonderful Jacob and Sam video montage:
              http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
              From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

Comment

A lot of people don't get that just because one ships for Sam and Jack that doesn't mean that's the only thing we dig about her.

She is such a multifaceted, well-rounded character with enormous strengths and flaws. What a great character! And like I said, focusing solely on her feelings would be as off-kilter as only hearing her rattle off technobabble all the time or blowing things up every episode.

Okay...I personally wouldn't mind her blowing things up every episode but some might...

But the point is that if you focus only on one part of who she is, you can miss the rest of what makes her Samantha Carter...Scientist/Soldier/Friend/Confidante/Mother/Hero/Jack's Girlfriend(?)

I love that Sam is a multifaceted character, that she has depth. I think that's what bring us all to this thread even if we like more one of the many sides of Sam. In my case, it's Sam blowing up things and Sam friendship with the team I like the most. I understand that shippers don't live only for the ship and enjoy too godd measures of action Sam. I can appreciate too a shippy episode. I'm far from being an anti-shipper. What I don't like is when only one side of a character is shown, not only for Sam but for every character, in several episodes in a raw. I like diversity and lack of diversity was the problem of season 8 regarding Sam. That said, I'm still having hopes regarding season 9. Hopes that Sam is going to be back in a full well rounded and competent character, the one we all love here.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  I love that Sam is a multifaceted character, that she has depth. I think that's what bring us all to this thread even if we like more one of the many sides of Sam. In my case, it's Sam blowing up things and Sam friendship with the team I like the most. I understand that shippers don't live only for the ship and enjoy too godd measures of action Sam. I can appreciate too a shippy episode. I'm far from being an anti-shipper. What I don't like is when only one side of a character is shown, not only for Sam but for every character, in several episodes in a raw. I like diversity and lack of diversity was the problem of season 8 regarding Sam. That said, I'm still having hopes regarding season 9. Hopes that Sam is going to be back in a full well rounded and competent character, the one we all love here.
                  Exactly!

Let's see more of what makes her great. We spent time on the personal issues...let's see Sam spend time "upping the body count" as Amanda put it (and who am I to disagree with our beloved queen???)

Sam's "Jack issues" and personal flaws are only a small part of the total package...and it doesn't negate the coolness that is Samantha Carter.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

5 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm a shipper... are you ready for your punishment!?!....

(((lys)))

there, take that!

sally
                      (((((((((sally)))))))))

I'd take that kind of punishment every day !

Now your turn :

Golden best shipper penguin medal for you sally !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        5 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
                        And my personal Addendum:

5 DAYS 'TILL SEASON NINE REALLY BEGINS!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          (((((((((sally)))))))))

I'd take that kind of punishment every day !

Now your turn :

Golden best shipper penguin medal for you sally !
                          sniff...don't I get one too???

I thought I've done a fairly BRILLIANT job of annoying everyone here...Sam/Jack shipper and non-shipper alike with my saccharine sweet shippy goodness...heck, just ask Agent Dark and tsaxlady...

I mean sure...the VP should get a gold (that's only proper)...but don't I rate a silver?

Or at the VERY least, shouldn't I get a cake or something???

Comment

sniff...don't I get one too???

I thought I've done a fairly BRILLIANT job of annoying everyone here...Sam/Jack shipper and non-shipper alike with my saccharine sweet shippy goodness...heck, just ask Agent Dark and tsaxlady...

I mean sure...the VP should get a gold (that's only proper)...but don't I rate a silver?

Or at the VERY least, shouldn't I get a cake or something???

My dear Über (see the umlaut ! ) I think the golden penguin medal isn't the best appropriate for you. The best royal pain in the mick'ta golden medal should be a requirement. As I haven't done it yet, you're going to get a golden shipper penguin medal too.

If anyone has an idea for a "pain in the mick'ta golden medal" let me know. It'll be my pleasure to do one especially for Über (again see the umlaut )

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              My dear Über (see the umlaut ! ) I think the golden penguin medal isn't the best appropriate for you. The best royal pain in the mick'ta golden medal should be a requirement. As I haven't done it yet, you're going to get a golden shipper penguin medal too.

If anyone has an idea for a "pain in the mick'ta golden medal" let me know. It'll be my pleasure to do one especially for Über (again see the umlaut )
                              *Mary Beth does Happy UMLAUT Dance*

ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜberSG-1Fan

And see if Kat can help. She's a graphics wiz...

Comment

*Mary Beth does Happy UMLAUT Dance*

ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜberSG-1Fan

And see if Kat can help. She's a graphics wiz...

Erm, sorry to interrupt your Happy UMLAUT Dance, but why didn't you choose a name with also a Ä and a Ö ?

Comment

Working...
                                X