Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Me too...this one actually felt like SG-1.

Vala is growing on me more and more, especially after tonight...

And now we know WHY the SGC is still rattled when they have to call in for Sam to help...

I think I was right though...the first 4 eps were essentially filler eps because they need Sam...and tonight picked up the pace to lead into the real meat of the new story arc.

Best episode so far IMHO and I am actually looking forward to more.

Me, too. I also think that it was the best S9 ep so far. It was not so much centered around just one or two of the characters like the other eps and overall it was a good and entertaining story setting the stage for the rest of S9 - and you are right, it did feel more like SG-1.
    So, for the first time this season, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      Welcome back, Astro!

Hope you get caught up with those “return from vacation” tasks and can join us soon.

You may not have seen them when you landed, but there were a bunch of folks anxiously anticipating your arrival. ChopinGal, Majorsal and Strix happened to be in the area when you swooped out of the sky and they look pretty happy to be able to join in the festivities.

Omigosh ... ROTFLOLOL ... you outdid yourself on this one! It may become a Samanda classic!

I heard from Astro tonight and she's still weeding through over 450 emails and then probably will be back here. She has more than one story to tell and I don't want to interfere ... just to know too that her semester starts next week (mine the following) and we're in one of the busiest times of an academic year. So, we have to be patient ...

I LOVE this photo manip!!! I actually sent Astro a small metal plane that Strix and I found in a gift shop the Sunday we spent together. I thought it looked like Sam Carter's "special" F-302 and here you go, putting together a plane shot! This is great; can't wait for Astro to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Dress blues...

She looks great...

I think she looked good. Finally! An episode to look forward to. I think I'm gonna change the name of the Ori, because every time I watch them I go "Oy vey."

Bring back Samantha!
        sigpic

Comment

SAW SAM! SAW SAM! GLAD I AM!

So worked up, she's coming back next week!!

Feel like singing:

"I don't know, but I've been told (Response: I don't know but I've been told)
          "When Sam comes back, it's LOCK 'N' LOAD! (Response: When Sam comes back, it's LOCK 'N' LOAD!)
          Am I right or wrong? (Response: -----)
          Am I right or wrong? (Response: -----)

Feeling goofy. Long day at work, hot and stinky humid, great SG1 and SGA and SAM in the promos for next week!

At last!

Just sayin'.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

(trying for the billionth time tonight)

Wow, I liked the show tonight, too. I thought it was slow at first, but boy did it pack a punch at the end. Now we know why these new guys are such a threat. And Vala finally is showing some redeeming features.

But the best part of course, was the teaser for next week. I'll try to get an audio clip up as soon as I can, but it basically said something like, with a new threat, it's time to get the whole team back, and showed a clip of Sam reporting for duty and one of the team ready to go through the gate.

NC

SAM!

AMANDA!

i can't wait for sam/amanda to return next week!

and speaking of returning, i was just reading in the new tv guide about beach head. i was hoping they'd talk about sam, and oh boy!

Spoiler:
            they gave beach head their own picture box summary! and guess who was shown? SAM! they showed a pic of sam from last season's ep 'end game', and in the pic, it shows sam sitting on a crate in her fake leathers, looking up unhappily at a bad guy off camera. not only was stargate highlighted, but sam/amanda's return was!here's what was said --

"in an explosive tale featuring the return of series regular amanda tapping, carter drops a bomb-shell - on the ori force field - when a jaffa civilization is menanced."

woooo hoooo!!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UBER
              Me too...this one actually felt like SG-1.

Vala is growing on me more and more, especially after tonight...

And now we know WHY the SGC is still rattled when they have to call in for Sam to help...

I think I was right though...the first 4 eps were essentially filler eps because they need Sam...and tonight picked up the pace to lead into the real meat of the new story arc.

Best episode so far IMHO and I am actually looking forward to more.
              yes, tonight's ep was *much* better than last weeks! everyone acted in character, and vala showed some of that depth i was hoping we'd see.

bring on sam!

sally

ps - as i'm sure you guys can see, i'm having HUGE probs posting tonight (and last night). i'll go back and delete my testing posts.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Well only three more shows and the musical I'm playing in will be over. Thought I would share a couple of pictures I took or had taken back stage tonight.

Just finished watching tonights episode of SG-1 and I must say I enjoyed this episode. I nice change of pace with Vala. I do soooooooooooooo look forward to next weeks episode. It should be interesting seeing how Sam and Vala interact next week.
                Last edited by tsaxlady; 12 August 2005, 10:45 PM.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

i just want to add that in my post 13,422, the post i quoted was by NC. i can't edit my posts right now (there's a bug at gateworld, and it's attached to me )

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Well only three more shows and the musical I'm playing in will be over. Thought I would share a cople of pictures I took or had taken back stage tonight.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6052/ntj2zq.jpg
                    http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5547/all0wy.jpg

Just finished watching tonights episode of SG-1 and I must say I enjoyed this episode. I nice change of pace with Vala. I do soooooooooooooo look forward to next weeks episode. It should be interesting seeing how Sam and Vala interact next week.
                    Great pics! I'd say these nuns look a whole lot friendlier than CG's "nuns with guns".

Ditto to your comments re: TPTB. It's going to be a *long* wait 'til next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                      Welcome back, Astro!

Hope you get caught up with those “return from vacation” tasks and can join us soon.

You may not have seen them when you landed, but there were a bunch of folks anxiously anticipating your arrival. ChopinGal, Majorsal and Strix happened to be in the area when you swooped out of the sky and they look pretty happy to be able to join in the festivities.

This is superb SamFan sorry I can't rep you!

Comment

I'm looking at SamFan's welcome back photo to AStro and I'm doing my own little dance.

HAPPY HAPPY
                        JOY JOY
                        ASTRO'S BACK
                        SAM IS BACK!

We've played around
                        with Vala
                        and had lots of fun.
                        Now the games
                        are all over,
                        the news season's
                        begun.
                        So open the Stargate
                        and load up the guns,
                        cuz Sam's back in da house
                        with SG-1.
                        So watch out Ori,
                        here she comes!!

Edit: I know I know... I admit I'm no CG, but I couldn't help myself.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 August 2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Attention Samandans!

SciFi is having a poll for us to pick our 10 favorite episodes from the past 8 years. It'll air on Sept. 2nd

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            Attention Samandans!

SciFi is having a poll for us to pick our 10 favorite episodes from the past 8 years. It'll air on Sept. 2nd

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/poll/
                            Awww that is just so sweet of SciFi to air a Stargate marathon for my birthday!! What a lovely gift. I just can't imagine of a better way to spend it(well unless of course it was celebrating my birthday with Amanda).

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              i read a *really good* fic last night called 'left unspoken', by mabyn. i found it on helio2, in the new fics section. here's a direct link (that takes you to fanfiction.net):

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2520583/1/

the story revolves around sam being raped, so i just wanted to warn you guys. but it's *wonderfully* written, with a slight amount of sam/jack.

she's got another fic on helio2/fanfiction.net called 'Alea Iacta Est', but it's in five parts. and they're long. i'm going to start reading them tonight. they/it also revolves around rape. she's a great author, so i hope everyone gives her stories a chance.

sally
                              Sal, thanks for the tip on this author ... she's a playwright and it shows. Angst in three acts! Exceptionally good writing ... I'll definitely be looking for more of her work.

And now we're down to six days for the Return of Sam!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I'm looking at SamFan's welcome back photo to AStro and I'm doing my own little dance.

HAPPY HAPPY
                                JOY JOY
                                ASTRO'S BACK
                                SAM IS BACK!

We've played around
                                with Vala
                                and had lots of fun.
                                Now the games
                                are all over,
                                the news season's
                                begun.
                                So open the Stargate
                                and load up the guns,
                                cuz Sam's back in da house
                                with SG-1.
                                So watch out Ori,
                                here she comes!!

Edit: I know I know... I admit I'm no CG, but I couldn't help myself.
                                You've done a fine poem and I don't have to fuss this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X