Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Would this be the Sturgis Rally? I went last year, with a friend from CA. We had a blast he has a big Honda GoldWing that we rode out on for the rally.

I'm looking into buying a V-Star for myself. Of course that will have to wait a while since I just had a huge Jeep repair bill this weekend.
    That's the one. It's fun just to go up and look at all the bikes (and bikers )Ther are some very strange people who show up, and not just the stereotypical bikers. Even Teal'c wouldn't rate a second glance. Vala in one of her leather outfits would fit right in.

NC

Comment

i'm missing sam and amanda. i can't wait for her to return in beach head!

(((sam/amanda)))

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
        Well this is my baby...a 2003 883 Sportster Hugger...it's the 100th Anniversary Special...Gun Metal Pearl paint...
        http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/8227/harley30xd.jpg
        Now if I was Sam, it would be a difficult decision on which one to giveaway......The Indian or The Harley! Both are special bikes in their own right.

P.S. It was a retirement gift to self...after serving with the USAF for 22+ years, I needed something special...so I bought my Harley while stationed overseas in Korea.
        wow cool gift to self AmberMoon ....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i'm missing sam and amanda. i can't wait for her to return in beach head!

(((sam/amanda)))

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8...k1qx2zfzl0.jpg

sally
          Me too, Sally, me too. How many more days til Amanda is back???

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            "If it's a traffic light, how about your discretion?"
            That cracked me up.
            sigpic-
            +I thought I was a fool for no one
            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              There are, however, at least two Samandans I know of who know how to handle a motorcycle ... I'll let them come forth and reveal themselves!
              Well, count me in, I ride a bike everyday here is a picture of my my motorcycle for those who wonder what it looks like

Strix : thank you so much for the link with all the Sam!whumping recs, it's definitly the kind of fic I prefer !! (((((strix)))))

Comment

I would love to ride a moterbike. But I have no balance.

None what so ever, I'm dangerous on a regualer bike, hell I can't even walk straight (honest).

That's all I have to say on the matter.

*grumble*
                sigpic-
                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Oh, child ... you have made my day, my week, MY YEAR!!

One day, the official matriarch of this thread may reveal her true age ... for now, though, just remember "she had fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy took her T-Bird away". This is a true statement. I learned to drive on a Thunderbird! Elvis was my poster child! I appeared on the original American Bandstand! This Philly Chick is now a Royal Hen!

But I thank you for such a lovely compliment! Strix must be ROTFLOL as she took the picture last Sunday! But her lips are sealed, aren't they, Strix?!
                  You and Strix met up !!!
                  I hadn't heard of this.
                  Cool
                  *tries to cover up sudden over-the-top enthusiasm*
                  Do you both live in the same part of the country? I don't remember.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    If I had to guess, it's probably because not everybody is going to be enamoured of the whole "royal court of Samanda" thing. Even though we try to be open and friendly, we're still kind of a clique. I know when I first lurked, I thought this thread was veeeerrrryyyyy strange... If Astro hadn't been so kind as to invite me over (repeatedly, I think), I probably would have run for the hills. And see what I would have missed! But it's probably not everybody's cup of tea.

And on edit, I should point out that I am very glad I stuck around here. To each their own; this is thread is wonderful. As someone else said, there can't be too much love for Amanda.

Hugs,
                    Strix
                    Strange? Us? You're kidding, right?
                    No?
                    Oh dear. Are we really putting up that much of a barrier to new people? Our recent intake of newbies would suggest otherwise, but you've made me start to wonder if we really do act as too much of a closed group. Well, it's just I guess that some of us know each other from almost the very beginning of this thread. I mean, who's talking, I started reading this thread when it was up to page 11, and joined sometime after 100 I think. I can only imagine how daunting it might be to enter this thread in it's... current state. Are we really up to page 658 ? Wow.
                    Well, it feels a little weird to know that there's an AU version of Samanda out there on the same forum, but if people don't like us or want to join us in here I guess there's no harm in letting them run their own thread. But a big thankyou to everyone who was brave enough to enter the great Kingdom.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Wow, I can't seem to get away from motorcycles this week. Here on the thread, and in RL. I live near a town of about 6400 which holds a huge motorcycle rally every year in early August, and it's going on now. There will be somewhere between 400 and 650 thousand bikers here in the next week or so. If I step outside, I'll hear the unmistakable roar of Harleys going down the road, and it'll be constant for another week. Fortunately, I kind of like the sound. Here's a picture from the main street of the small town during last year's rally. They just close the main street down to all but motorcycle traffic and parking, as you can see.

And to make this post on topic, I actually read a Sam/Jack fic last year about the whole team coming to this particular event. (way too shippy for me, though)

And Chopin Gal, I can do you one better on the motorcycle picture. Here's one of me actually on the Harley, although I've never ridden one either.

The orangerater strikes again!

Oh, and it was taken almost 30 years ago, looking at the date on the back. Yes, I am that old.

NC
                      aha, the Samandan monstercreaturealien returns again, the famous....
                      Orangerator!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well, one of the other Amanda threads was made by me, sorry y'all! I didn't knew you were also talkin' about Amanda as a person, my first thoughts were that ya talked about Sam alone. OK, my bad.

Can you all forgive me for this "mistake", I'll close my thread. Yes, here we're like a little family. And I like it that way.

Once again, sorry for the confusion of another AT Thread!

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          I couldn't imagine her saying anything bad about anyone either. I can imagine her missing the guys, because after so much time working together it must be second nature just to have one of them there with her.
                          I can understand the possible resentment, too. It would be difficult having to do everything around one person -- reminds me of David Duchovny on the X-Files. They move production from Canada to LA for him, and he still gives them grief! (or rather, 'gave' --- all past tense of course now!)
                          I agree completely. After listening to interviews by AT and the other cast members, I can't remember one negative thing to have ever come out of her mouth. She has always been very positive, about the series, her fellow cast members and life, in general. I had the priviledge of speaking with a close friend of hers, last April, and she was described in glowing terms. Her friend said what you see, is what you get....a truly sweet, talented women, who views the "franchise" as family, and who treats everyone like family.

I have been a fan of AT's since COTG.....and my admiration for her, as an actress and as a person, has only grown, through the past 9 years.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I closed my Amanda Thread, that way, I hope more people come 2 this great cozy thread!

I'm sorry I can't celebrate Amanda's/Sam's return the 17th, cause the 15th I'm on vacation until 25-26 August. So in advance: Welcome Back Amanda/Sam I missed you lots! Finaly we have the missing piece of the puzzle again, the cherry on the pie.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Strange? Us? You're kidding, right?
                              No?
                              Oh dear. Are we really putting up that much of a barrier to new people? Our recent intake of newbies would suggest otherwise, but you've made me start to wonder if we really do act as too much of a closed group. Well, it's just I guess that some of us know each other from almost the very beginning of this thread. I mean, who's talking, I started reading this thread when it was up to page 11, and joined sometime after 100 I think. I can only imagine how daunting it might be to enter this thread in it's... current state. Are we really up to page 658 ? Wow.
                              Well, it feels a little weird to know that there's an AU version of Samanda out there on the same forum, but if people don't like us or want to join us in here I guess there's no harm in letting them run their own thread. But a big thankyou to everyone who was brave enough to enter the great Kingdom.
                              Heya deepspace... I was just speculating... we certainly don't deliberately throw up any barriers to new people, and as you say, we have many new people who have joined recently. I'm just guessing that some folks coming to the list may not understand all of our "in" jokes...our talk about the court, etc. etc. and may not feel like sticking around to figure it all out. As you point out, this thread has a lot of history to it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that; certainly no need for apologies or guilt... anyone can join the thread if they want. But just like any other social group, not everyone is going to feel like they fit in.

As for Chopingal and I getting together... she lives in Pennsylvania; I live in Oklahoma, so, no, we don't live in the same part of the country. But I was in Lancaster Pennsylvania for some meetings, and we arranged to get together to tour Amish country and Valley Forge National Park before I returned home. It was a fun day, and very lovely to meet a fellow Samandan in person.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                I agree completely. After listening to interviews by AT and the other cast members, I can't remeber one negative thing to have ever come out of her mouth. She has always been very positive, about the series, her fellow cast members and life, in general. I had the priviledge of speaking with a close friend of hers, last April, and she was described in glowing terms. Her friend said what you see, is what you get....a truly sweet, talented women, who views the "franchise" as family, and who treats everyone like family.

I have been a fan of AT's since COTG.....and my admiration for her, as an actress and as a person, has only grown, through the past 9 years.
                                Good to hear your experience, too. I'm sure there aren't many actors/actresses out there who have people saying nothing but good things about them. Amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X