Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    OT, but I must clarify my position ... Chopin is not on the motorbike because she was not allowed to sit on it ... take a look below ...

Strix and I were in a gift shop in Lancaster PA area and, being the ham that I am, I could not resist a photo-op with a Harley, all the time thinking of Sam Carter! They were selling raffle tickets for this bike! And, no, I didn't enter! There was a sign on the saddle that said "DO NOT SIT ON BIKE"! Now, you can see the coffee-mug tray in front ... and, since I have never ridden a cycle in my entire life, it was a good thing they did not let me sit on it ... collateral damage for sure!

God, I feel like Rodney McKay ... my reputation as a carefree biker has just been shattered! Can my ego survive?!! I've just gone against my prime directive: never let truth get in the way of a good story! (Shoulda kept my mouth shut!)

There are, however, at least two Samandans I know of who know how to handle a motorcycle ... I'll let them come forth and reveal themselves!

And, just to know: I am writing a Sam/Jack fic entitled Bikers! I got so psyched up with Jack's one-liner in Avalon about selling "the motorcycle" that I couldn't sleep! Justice will be done!
    Aw, and here I thought it was because like AT, the insurance company wouldn't risk your precious person on a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Aw, and here I thought it was because like AT, the insurance company wouldn't risk your precious person on a motorcycle.
      My cup runneth over! Two compliments in one night! Yes, that's it! I'm too valuable to take risks ... besides, this is more my speed:

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I've decided to do my first proper Samfic based on just a few wee words said earlier on in this thread...

I'll try and get the first chapter up soon!!

It's untitled as of yet, but will probably be set in season seven!
        You go, girl! (Breathes sigh of relief. This will get Coley off my back regarding Bikers!)

Comment

OT, but I must clarify my position ... Chopin is not on the motorbike because she was not allowed to sit on it ... take a look below ...

Strix and I were in a gift shop in Lancaster PA area and, being the ham that I am, I could not resist a photo-op with a Harley, all the time thinking of Sam Carter! They were selling raffle tickets for this bike! And, no, I didn't enter! There was a sign on the saddle that said "DO NOT SIT ON BIKE"! Now, you can see the coffee-mug tray in front ... and, since I have never ridden a cycle in my entire life, it was a good thing they did not let me sit on it ... collateral damage for sure!

God, I feel like Rodney McKay ... my reputation as a carefree biker has just been shattered! Can my ego survive?!! I've just gone against my prime directive: never let truth get in the way of a good story! (Shoulda kept my mouth shut!)

There are, however, at least two Samandans I know of who know how to handle a motorcycle ... I'll let them come forth and reveal themselves!

And, just to know: I am writing a Sam/Jack fic entitled Bikers! I got so psyched up with Jack's one-liner in Avalon about selling "the motorcycle" that I couldn't sleep! Justice will be done!
          Oh, darn! Here I thought you were gonna tell us that there were no pictures of you on the bike because the moment you got on the bike, you took off, and immediately you were going too fast for pictures (well, maybe a picture of your dust ) - indeed, too fast for the possibility of pictures, a literal blue streak!

(though the idea of anyone riding a Harley that fast on the collection of broken paving, pot holes and bumps that Pennsylvania calls 'roads' is frightening to contemplate! )

I wonder how many rides Jack made on the back of Sam's bike before he got the bug - and his own bike? Or did Sam tell him that having him holding onto her when they rode was just too... distracting...

Awaiting the fic with anticipation
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
            Still, as majorsal so marvellously reminds us it's only 13 days to go until Action Sam returns!!
            now 12.

*clears throat*

12 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I finally got around to putting my entire Sam-whumping story list on a webpage. I haven't put them in any order yet, so you just have to scroll through randomly, but there are a lot of stories!

The Ultimate SG-1 Fanfiction Sam-Whumping Story List is at:
              http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

If you belong to other lists that might be interested, please feel free to pass the link on. I don't get around very much.

Cheers,
              Strix
              thank you, strix!

are all these fic recs the same ones you've given us links to on this thread? i've already got a lot of fics piled up to read, so i just need to know if there's anything 'new' on that list that you didn't post here.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

hey, hon, i want to know what pic that is of amanda?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  I notice there is a new Amanda Tapping thread. Does this mean we can no longer talk about Amanda in this thread? The whole point about Samanda is it's such a great place with a range of talk about Sam, AT, and everything in between. We've never had any restrictions, ao long as it's vaguely Sam related. I'd hate to lose the variety in this thread just because there's a new thread which is more specific just to the actress.

no, we can still talk about amanda here. some of us have 'tried' to get the ppl over there to just post here, but it hasn't worked.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I know this may sound a bit rude...but what's the point of having two threads??? Why do the people there not want to come here???
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh, child ... you have made my day, my week, MY YEAR!!

One day, the official matriarch of this thread may reveal her true age ... for now, though, just remember "she had fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy took her T-Bird away". This is a true statement. I learned to drive on a Thunderbird! Elvis was my poster child! I appeared on the original American Bandstand! This Philly Chick is now a Royal Hen!

But I thank you for such a lovely compliment! Strix must be ROTFLOL as she took the picture last Sunday! But her lips are sealed, aren't they, Strix?!
                      Absolutely, my dearest jester. I never can remember numbers, anyway.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        thank you, strix!

are all these fic recs the same ones you've given us links to on this thread? i've already got a lot of fics piled up to read, so i just need to know if there's anything 'new' on that list that you didn't post here.

sally
                        Hey Sally, I think I've posted most of them to this list. There may be one or two I didn't post here, but not many.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          I know this may sound a bit rude...but what's the point of having two threads??? Why do the people there not want to come here???
                          If I had to guess, it's probably because not everybody is going to be enamoured of the whole "royal court of Samanda" thing. Even though we try to be open and friendly, we're still kind of a clique. I know when I first lurked, I thought this thread was veeeerrrryyyyy strange... If Astro hadn't been so kind as to invite me over (repeatedly, I think), I probably would have run for the hills. And see what I would have missed! But it's probably not everybody's cup of tea.

And on edit, I should point out that I am very glad I stuck around here. To each their own; this is thread is wonderful. As someone else said, there can't be too much love for Amanda.

Hugs,
                          Strix

My LJ

Comment

A silly one of Sam and her tongue...

AJ
                            TEAL'C: "I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O"
                            JACK: "Call Daniel"

Comment

I ride a bike to work everyday!

Okay, so it's actually a scooter. A... Honda... scooter... And technically it's not even mine, but rather my partner's... and the guys at work who actually ride motorcycles laugh at me and ask when I'm going to get a real bike...

But it's FUN! And I do a happy dance whenever I fill up my one-gallon gas tank at the pumps... and it's ORANGE!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                Oh, darn! Here I thought you were gonna tell us that there were no pictures of you on the bike because the moment you got on the bike, you took off, and immediately you were going too fast for pictures (well, maybe a picture of your dust ) - indeed, too fast for the possibility of pictures, a literal blue streak!

(though the idea of anyone riding a Harley that fast on the collection of broken paving, pot holes and bumps that Pennsylvania calls 'roads' is frightening to contemplate! )

I wonder how many rides Jack made on the back of Sam's bike before he got the bug - and his own bike? Or did Sam tell him that having him holding onto her when they rode was just too... distracting...

Awaiting the fic with anticipation
                                Dang, Simha! I should've hired you as my PR person! Brilliant! And, you're right, shouldn't waste cycling on a PA highway - it's not pretty!

And I love the picture you painted of Jack on the back of Sam's bike ... grrrowl! You're adding fuel to my Harley fire! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X