Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I just looked over the list and realized...

I've. Been. Cut.

*runs off whining*
    Oh Royal Scribe and Photographer, I just looked at both those lists (Roll Call and Scribes) and you're right where you should be! ??

Unless that lightning bolt went into your PC and extracted all things Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Oh Royal Scribe and Photographer, I just looked at both those lists (Roll Call and Scribes) and you're right where you should be! ??

Unless that lightning bolt went into your PC and extracted all things Uber!
      And what about me dear Jester ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        And what about me dear Jester ?
        Royal Pharmacist/Apothecary ... when I click onto the Royal Roll Call of Samanda, I'm seeing you and Royal Photographer right where you should be!

Is anyone else having this problem? Finding themselves deleted from the Royal Roll Call?!

Maybe an Ori is messing with our thread!

Comment

Having reflected upon my past two weeks' of viewing pleasure for Avalon Pt 2 and Origins, I have decided to give my review in just four words:

Bonfire of the Inanities

I am hoping that Sam Carter's return will throw some water on all of this! Tighter scripts, less esoteric rambling, more chemistry among all members of the cast.

My feng shui is hurtin'
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 30 July 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Someone is back after quite a miss
            If I do not add a welcome
            I'll feel remiss ...

deepspace/Royal Page, so glad to see you posting again! Your Royal Twin, Charlie, and the rest of the Court missed you!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Well, did another little drabble for samcarter100 - for the Character Death challenge :O

Counterstrike
              Don't get scared of by the Character Death part, it's all good
              LOL, I love it!!

Comment

Hmm, have anyone else noticed that the Jack/RDA thunker, Shipper Thread and SAGC thread have all become increasingly scarce of posts over the past three weeks?

*Wonders to herself where everyone has gone*

ECHO
                Echo
                echo

Comment

Well thats it for Jack. Sorry RDA didnt want to play the character anymore including in the last few guest appearances.

I can never imagen AT ever playing her character that way. Even if she gets absolutly sick of the show and wants to leave (which I hope is never) I would expect her last scenes to be well acted and emotional on some level for the fans.

Now for happy happy news. 2 sammless\SG-ME eps left then back onto the good old teamwork of SG-1. Hopefully Sam will come back nice and focused on her Military\physics career and kick the crp out of the nasty Orii....and Garek, Garek needs to be kicked.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hi all *waves* it's been too long! well maybe only 3 or 4 days but it seems like weeks!

Love the S9 pictures of Sam - she looks so cool in her black BDUs! and it's great to see her back in action.

What a lovely idea sending her flowers and stuff for her return to work, you guys are so great!! and I bet she was really touched by that

I have to admit that without RDA in S9 it's mainly Amanda who is gonna keep me tuning in.... looking forward to seeing 'Action Sam' back on our screens!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
                      About tonight's ending of Origin...SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):

Spoiler:
                      I'd just like to know... what the hell was the point of bringing Jack/RDA back for that? What a total waste of his time and ours. Good Lord... I can't believe I waited three weeks for that. Here I was waiting and hoping to see this grand farewell to a man who gave us eight great years and what did we get?? Well I can't really express what we got because this is a PG forum. Oh well. I'm gonna go find something to take my mind off my irritation.

Here's hoping you all don't feel as totally let down and disappointed as I do right now.

Kat
                      I'm not sure how to respond to this without putting the whole thing in spoilers, so here you go:

Spoiler:
                      I've seen many people expressing similar frustrations with this scene. Complaints include RDA's acting, the supposition that he and MS were not filming together, the brevity of his appearance, the incomplete (or lack of) explanation as to O'neill's departure, and that RDA's/O'neill's appearances were not memorial enough for the actor/character. I understand where many of these complaints are coming from, but find that condemning the episode for such a small scene or TPTB for something so far beyond their control inequitable.

Personally, and I accept that it is perhaps a matter of taste, I didn't find fault with RDA's acting. While his presence came across as more subdued, more subtle than it has in the past, it seemed appropriate to me given the context of the situation. Even in light of Earth's newfound danger with the Ori, I'm pleased that Jack's visit to Daniel was more of a nod towards their friendship touched with a bit of reticence over his apparently diminished role at the SGC, rather than just talking business. As for the bit with Mitchell, suprisingly I find myself alone in thinking that it wasn't meant to be a passing of the torch. I liked the scene. The fact that Jack O'neill likes Mitchell goes along way towards making me like Mitchell.

As for the amount of Jack, well, I never really expected much more. I'm not pleased with losing RDA, but that happened last season, so I see any scenes with him as a bonus, not a detraction.

And as for the vilification of TPTB over a lack of explanation concerning Jack's departure, well, if this does turn out to be RDA's final appearnce in Stargate, I'll be right there with you ruing the fact that there wasn't more. Delusional as I am, however, I hope to see more of him in the future. At any rate, I don't see what else they really could have done, given the circumstances. If it's a question of no Jack or a little Jack, I'll take a little every time. If anything, this appearance is more a result of RDA's request NOT to be written completely out of the story. There have been a number of comments by various people involved in Stargate that seem to indicate that RDA might not be done forever. And while I'm not naive enough to expect a full time return to SG-1, I don't think that future guest spots are out of the question. What can I say, I'm an optimist when it comes to Stargate. Besides, I really think that if TPTB knew for certain that Jack was gone forever, they would say as much. They seem to be on the hook, just like the rest of us. There's not much more they can say about RDA without RDA saying it first.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Why wouldn't RDA and MS be in the same filming scene?
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Well, seems like nobody is here to celebrate my birthday with me. And no Sam action or references yesterday whatsoever ( )...
                          I think I'll just curl up with my fav Sam episodes and keep counting the days until she's back. I can't wait much longer.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            Spoiler:
                            Why wouldn't RDA and MS be in the same filming scene?

i remember hearing that rda's stuff was done in la. don't know if it pertained to this scene or his previous one. now it may have been too cost prohibitive or time un-friendly to fly rda to vancouver or ms to la so what MIGHT have been done was to fax the script pages to rda, book studio time, create the set, or maybe they green screened it although it didn't look that way, and had rda cut his lines with MS's stand in and had ms do the same with rda's stand in adn they cut it together
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i remember hearing that rda's stuff was done in la. don't know if it pertained to this scene or his previous one. now it may have been too cost prohibitive or time un-friendly to fly rda to vancouver or ms to la so what MIGHT have been done was to fax the script pages to rda, book studio time, create the set, or maybe they green screened it although it didn't look that way, and had rda cut his lines with MS's stand in and had ms do the same with rda's stand in adn they cut it together
                              This is what appeared to happen to me. but I could be wrong. but there was never a two shot until they were walking out the door and heck I have seen two Carters and two Oneills standing next to each other before so that is not too difficult to pull off via the magic of TV.

Oh, Happy Birthday Dani76!!! I hope you have a great day. 2 weeks left until the retrun of Sam.!
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wow skydiver I had no idea. That seems a bit sloppy if it was so.

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Well, seems like nobody is here to celebrate my birthday with me. And no Sam action or references yesterday whatsoever ( )...
                                I think I'll just curl up with my fav Sam episodes and keep counting the days until she's back. I can't wait much longer.
                                Awwwww!!
                                Happy Birthday Dani76!!
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X