Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    someone on twitter has commented to her about the challenge. we'll see if she takes it.
    Teryl Rothery and Chris Judge have both done the challenge. Somebody should get them to challenge Amanda ... and Michael Shanks ... and Rick. That is, if they haven't done it already.

Comment

I watched Arthur's Mantle this weekend. Some nice Sam and Cam buddy moments. Wish they had developed that more.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Teryl Rothery and Chris Judge have both done the challenge. Somebody should get them to challenge Amanda ... and Michael Shanks ... and Rick. That is, if they haven't done it already.

Well Michael's fellow castmate on Saving Hope, Michelle Nolden who plays his character's ex-wife Dawn has just been challenged....I might have dropped a huge hint as to who she should nominate next and as Lexa and the kids are in Toronto too wouldn't it be lovely if they dropped the bucket over him?.....

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          someone on twitter has commented to her about the challenge. we'll see if she takes it.
          I wonder how many people have already asked her. I tweeted before work this morning and kinda asked if she would be up to doing the challenge - I'm thinking I may do it and challenge her - even though it's winter here.
          If I do it, it will be for my uncle who has Motor Neuron Disease.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I wonder how many people have already asked her. I tweeted before work this morning and kinda asked if she would be up to doing the challenge - I'm thinking I may do it and challenge her - even though it's winter here.
            If I do it, it will be for my uncle who has Motor Neuron Disease.
            looks like someone challenged Amanda

ATnomAls.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RTechnik View Post
              looks like someone challenged Amanda

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39946[/ATTACH]
              I hope she accepts. It will certainly save me from getting a chill.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think in the "phenomenon" of the ice bucket challenge the point is getting somewhat lost. The point was to bring awareness and raise money for ALS organizations. Great idea and fabulous cause. ALS is a horrible disease that leads to a horrible death. There is a very famous Canadian case where someone suffering from ALS sought the right to die via assisted suicide than die the way the disease kills you. Great that lots of money has been raised and the awareness has increased. However, I have seen lots of videos where no one mentions the point of the challenge nor mentions donating. So I hope that whomever has challenged Amanda has a) taken the challenge b) donated to the cause and c) gets the point because the point is not to see Amanda Tapping dump a bucket of ice water on her head.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I agree that donating to the ALS fund is a great thing to do, I think there could have been a different way to raise awareness than having hundreds of people dump buckets of ice water over their heads. Given the severe droughts in parts of this country, as well as around the world, I'm appalled at the incredible waste of water going on like this. Yes, this is a great cause. And, yes, it's funny to watch people react to having a bucket of ice water dumped over them. But, come on, isn't there another way to raise awareness that isn't so incredibly wasteful?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I agree that donating to the ALS fund is a great thing to do, I think there could have been a different way to raise awareness than having hundreds of people dump buckets of ice water over their heads. Given the severe droughts in parts of this country, as well as around the world, I'm appalled at the incredible waste of water going on like this. Yes, this is a great cause. And, yes, it's funny to watch people react to having a bucket of ice water dumped over them. But, come on, isn't there another way to raise awareness that isn't so incredibly wasteful?
                    That's true. At least it's better than the neknominations that were literally killing people though! Social media trends often worry me in their absurdity. I blame shows like Jackass for encouraging people to film themselves doing really stupid crazy things.
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

That's exactly what Barack Obama and Neil deGrasse Tyson were saying: the point was to donate money for ALS and to raise awareness about this debilitating disease, not to "waste" water. I do hope that Amanda declines the challenge and donates money instead, like Obama did.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        That's exactly what Barack Obama and Neil deGrasse Tyson were saying: the point was to donate money for ALS and to raise awareness about this debilitating disease, not to "waste" water. I do hope that Amanda declines the challenge and donates money instead, like Obama did.
                        We were wondering whether Obama was going to do it so thanks for the info. I also hear George 'Dubya' nominated Clinton so that should be interesting. It also sounded like a bit of a dig about Monica Lewinski ('throw a bucket of cold water on ya' ) so I wonder what Hillary thinks about that?

Comment

I was saying to hubby that it seemed weird that the rich folks who were dumping the water on themselves would rather get wet than donate.
                          I would do both. In fact I have already donated to MND.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i like the way rda handles his charity of choice. i wish other celebs would take his example.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I was saying to hubby that it seemed weird that the rich folks who were dumping the water on themselves would rather get wet than donate.
                              I would do both. In fact I have already donated to MND.
                              I thought the whole point was to donate, not just throw a bucket of iced water on your head? #confused!

Comment

Most of them do both. They dunk and then make note that they also donated.

You're called out in public, you respond in public.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X