Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I guess for most of the world it's YKMV... ;-)
    Well that's a new one for me - I don't think I'd ever use that term. Thanks.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I guess for most of the world it's YKMV... ;-)
      So what does YKMV mean?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        So what does YKMV mean?
        Instead of mileage, kilometres.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Prove it.
          The information about Amanda being the last to get a contract for Season 9 or 10 (whichever it was) came from Amanda herself. She's stated that she heard that all the other main actors had gotten contracts, but she didn't have one yet. She called Rob Cooper and asked if she should start looking for other work, and that was when he said he thought she wouldn't want to come back so that she could spend more time with her new daughter. In other words, he hadn't even consulted her about it, and just decided for himself that she wouldn't want to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            The information about Amanda being the last to get a contract for Season 9 or 10 (whichever it was) came from Amanda herself. She's stated that she heard that all the other main actors had gotten contracts, but she didn't have one yet. She called Rob Cooper and asked if she should start looking for other work, and that was when he said he thought she wouldn't want to come back so that she could spend more time with her new daughter. In other words, he hadn't even consulted her about it, and just decided for himself that she wouldn't want to come back.
            In other words, he was your typical male who had no Idea what women may want, or desire after a child?
            In defence of RCC.......... (can't BELIEVE I am gonna do this)
            Unless a guy has been "in the room" when a child is born, or knows what it takes out of a woman, or how much a woman can desire to....... errr............. "get back" from that, we really do not have a clue. TPTB, sexist as they were, were operating under what they had been taught, that AT would be "out for a while" (because, we are taught that)

They should have not been dorks, and just asked Amanda what SHE wanted. SG-1 S9-10 could have been much different if TPTB acted like humans, rather than douchebags.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Oh, they knew. According to Joe Mallozzi, in S9 they did the rounds in the writers room over who should lead. Not sure where the final decision came from; there were too many cooks in that kitchen: MGM/Skiffy/TPTB.

Season 10... I thought it was that he said they didn't contact her because they didn't know what to do with Sam (that whole give-Sam-a-ship thing so she can be in both SG-1 and Atlantis). I don't remember the part about him thinking she wanted to be at home. I'll have to research. But not tonight.

ETA: Apparently tonight.
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1..._iatlant.shtml

I know Amanda posted something in response to this, but I can't find it.
              Last edited by suse; 05 February 2014, 07:44 PM.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

In other words, he was your typical male who had no Idea what women may want, or desire after a child?
                In defence of RCC.......... (can't BELIEVE I am gonna do this)
                Unless a guy has been "in the room" when a child is born, or knows what it takes out of a woman, or how much a woman can desire to....... errr............. "get back" from that, we really do not have a clue. TPTB, sexist as they were, were operating under what they had been taught, that AT would be "out for a while" (because, we are taught that)

They should have not been dorks, and just asked Amanda what SHE wanted. SG-1 S9-10 could have been much different if TPTB acted like humans, rather than douchebags.
                i think it's really ROB COOPER and not all the powers that be.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, they knew. According to Joe Mallozzi, in S9 they did the rounds in the writers room over who should lead. Not sure where the final decision came from; there were too many cooks in that kitchen: MGM/Skiffy/TPTB.
                  I don't know if MGM would have cared, but Syfy and TPTB, sure.
                  Season 10... I thought it was that he said they didn't contact her because they didn't know what to do with Sam (that whole give-Sam-a-ship thing so she can be in both SG-1 and Atlantis). I don't remember the part about him thinking she wanted to be at home. I'll have to research. But not tonight.

[/quote]
                  A bunch of whiny male morons did not know what to do with not just a strong woman, but a strong character??
                  Colour me shocked!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i think it's really ROB COOPER and not all the powers that be.
                    Brad could have overridden Rob, so I can't just place it all on him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Gatefan1976 - clearly you don't have respect. I said leave me alone. Don't respond to me if you can't be respectful.
                      So I am asking you - respectfully - leave me alone. Do not talk to me because I really don't want to deal with you any longer.
                      Thank you.
                      The same goes for me.
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        The same goes for me.
                        noted.
                        Truth be told however, I tend not to bother with the "mee tooo" crowd anyway, so you were safe.
                        Last edited by Gatefan1976; 05 February 2014, 11:33 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if MGM would have cared, but Syfy and TPTB, sure.

A bunch of whiny male morons did not know what to do with not just a strong woman, but a strong character??
                          Colour me shocked!!
                          The way Amanda worded it back then was that she called them and said that she had heard that all the others had gotten contracts and since she hadn't been contacted if she should be looking for work elsewhere?!
                          The reply to that was the "No, no, we want you back, we just don't know what to do with the Sam character yet" bit.

Back when Amanda told us about it I took from it that they hadn't quite figured if and how they were going to split her time between SG1 and SGA. That it wasn't just about the character but about the contract as well. Not sure if there have been many instances where an actor is given a full season contract but split between two shows. I guess it's a bit of a legal mess.

The worst thing about this is that they simply took her for granted or rather took it for granted that she would sign whatever they would come up with!

That just doesn't show a lot of appreciation.

Comment

noted.
                            Truth be told however, I tend not to bother with the "mee tooo" crowd anyway, so you were safe.
                            That was totally unnecessary. As was your previous attack on me, I was stating the facts as we know them, not once did I project those facts onto you.

I reiterate from that post, you are rude and disrespectful. Do not speak to me again.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              The way Amanda worded it back then was that she called them and said that she had heard that all the others had gotten contracts and since she hadn't been contacted if she should be looking for work elsewhere?!
                              The reply to that was the "No, no, we want you back, we just don't know what to do with the Sam character yet" bit.
                              Of course, TPTB were afraid of such a strong female character, and such a strong WOMAN. Look what they did to both versions of Weir, and how much they wallpapered Teyla.
                              TEYLA, of all freaking characters, the "alien princess warrior", at least with Sam they had the "scientist" to all back on to make things "make sense" and they still treated her character like crap.

Back when Amanda told us about it I took from it that they hadn't quite figured if and how they were going to split her time between SG1 and SGA. That it wasn't just about the character but about the contract as well. Not sure if there have been many instances where an actor is given a full season contract but split between two shows. I guess it's a bit of a legal mess.
                              Good point on the legalities, but if *I* were Amanda, I would be *still* be PO'ed about how things went down. She did not deserve such shoddy treatment by TBPB considering how much she carried the show, as much as RDA in my humble opinion.
                              The worst thing about this is that they simply took her for granted or rather took it for granted that she would sign whatever they would come up with!

That just doesn't show a lot of appreciation.
                              Yes, they treated her badly, they treated all the women of SG badly, cause they could not deal with women with a mind of their own, be it Sam, Vala, Teyla, Wier, Chloe, Ginn, etc.
                              Stargate has NEVER dealt with women fairly, the closest they got was the Traveller commander, and they did it by turning her into a man hater who found Shepp "cute".
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                                That was totally unnecessary. As was your previous attack on me, I was stating the facts as we know them, not once did I project those facts onto you.

I reiterate from that post, you are rude and disrespectful. Do not speak to me again.
                                Wow, just let me get slapped and take it............
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X