No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always see Sam getting a little Earth Point of Origin tattoo, but on an ankle or hip or collarbone, somewhere not easily noticed
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      If does get a tattoo, she would put the same place you would. As for what, maybe a fishing pole.
      I've read fics where she had the earth symbol put on a spot on her back.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I always see Sam getting a little Earth Point of Origin tattoo, but on an ankle or hip or collarbone, somewhere not easily noticed
        I like this idea! It might not be good if she would ever have to hide her origins for an undercover OP off-world, tho.

Comment

Only if she's scantily clad in her off world app
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Only if she's scantily clad in her off world app
            Leave it to some fic writers, I'm sure she has
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This is why I was asking about 'Live Peace, Speak Kindness, Dwell In Possibility'

plus Amanda as Helen WIP

Last edited by neverendingimagination; 18 January 2014, 05:25 PM.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                This is why I was asking about 'Live Peace, Speak Kindness, Dwell In Possibility'

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/laurens18/nei-plaque-AT7-forum_zpse066803b.jpg
                Is there some reason you've put Amanda's name on the plaque? While it's one of her "sayings", she didn't originate it. It's been around many years. She probably came across it somewhere and decided to make it a motto of hers.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Is there some reason you've put Amanda's name on the plaque? While it's one of her "sayings", she didn't originate it. It's been around many years. She probably came across it somewhere and decided to make it a motto of hers.
                  Really? I hadn't heard it until Amanda mentioned it at a con in Melbourne. The "Dwell in Possibility" was something she had engraved on a necklace for her friend Cynthia before she died...Cynthia was buried wearing that necklace.
                  That's how I first heard of this saying. And Amanda said she lives by this motto so I don't understand why it really matters where it originated. Most folks I know who know this phrase associate it with Amanda.

I love the plaque. I think it's beautiful. I had a t-shirt made for Amanda with that phrase on it.

I just googled "where did the phrase Live peace, Speak kindness, Dwell in possibility" originate and the answers given were Amanda Tapping.
                  Unless I need to google something else??!!
                  Last edited by Chelle DB; 18 January 2014, 10:33 PM.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...pse066803b.jpg

plus Amanda as Helen WIP

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps58da9dca.jpg
                    That looks good. Hope you post a pic when it's finished.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

A retweet by Amanda

Setting up for our first @AngryCanadians video with @amandatapping and @realmartinwood http://pic.twitter.com/M2chVq4yQa

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Leave it to some fic writers, I'm sure she has
                        Who needs fic, google pics is good enough
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          that would be a good question to ask amanda at the Q+A at AT7

Comment

From Martin Wood's twitter

@amandatapping getting her angry on for the #AngryCanadians shoot today... The noise is about to get louder! http://pic.twitter.com/c2rRAVjqda

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Really? I hadn't heard it until Amanda mentioned it at a con in Melbourne. The "Dwell in Possibility" was something she had engraved on a necklace for her friend Cynthia before she died...Cynthia was buried wearing that necklace.
                              That's how I first heard of this saying. And Amanda said she lives by this motto so I don't understand why it really matters where it originated. Most folks I know who know this phrase associate it with Amanda.

I love the plaque. I think it's beautiful. I had a t-shirt made for Amanda with that phrase on it.

I just googled "where did the phrase Live peace, Speak kindness, Dwell in possibility" originate and the answers given were Amanda Tapping.
                              Unless I need to google something else??!!
                              Yes, at Melbourne Gate to the Sanctuary she wrote them on a t-shirt that was auctioned. She said that these were three of her favourite sayings. So I'd say they're (the abbreviation of) quotes that she didn't originate but the combination of the three has become something typically *Amanda*

(Btw, out of curiosity I also just googled it and prior to 2010 (when GttS was) there are no results to this combination)
                              Last edited by xgfan; 19 January 2014, 01:06 PM. Reason: Btw

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I was just curious about it since I've been aware of the saying for many years. In fact, "Dwell in Possibility" is a poem by Emily Dickinson. "Live Peace" is the name of a music album made by the Plastic Ono Band in 1969. And "Speak Kindness" speaks for itself. They are great things to quote and it just shows Amanda has good taste in what she's quoting.

Comment

Working...
                                X