Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
    Makes me wonder what other people were speculating - and why - when that's the blindingly obvious logical answer anyone with an ounce of common sense can reason their way to.
    It's a shame when she can't make what she thought was a perfectly innocent statement without all these fans blowing up over it and making wild assumptions about what she meant.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      It's a shame when she can't make what she thought was a perfectly innocent statement without all these fans blowing up over it and making wild assumptions about what she meant.
      It really is.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Probably just means she's taking a trip (flying) somewhere alone instead of with her family.
        That's what I assumed when I read it.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

I missed the DM getting posted and deleted, so who was it to, if anyone knows?
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Probably just means she's taking a trip (flying) somewhere alone instead of with her family.
            i wonder if her saying 'flying solo' is just a term, and not really meaning *flying*, but going alone without the fam? that's what you just said.

also, i'm very curious what someone named @laretek said on twitter... apparently it sent the twitterbullies after her. but amanda asked that some love be sent this girls/guys way.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i wonder if her saying 'flying solo' is just a term, and not really meaning *flying*, but going alone without the fam? that's what you just said.

also, i'm very curious what someone named @laretek said on twitter... apparently it sent the twitterbullies after her. but amanda asked that some love be sent this girls/guys way.
              Saw this on twitter when I woke up, don't know exactly what happened but this was the reply to SG1suzi

from @1harmoniouslife '@SG1suzi someone was trashing AT for missing Denver even though it was announced weeks ago. fandom stepped in and then we heart Amanda began'
              for all we know he/she was just expressing her disappointment and it was taken the wrong way
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Putting things together, AT made the statement 'flying solo' which someone took literally as her flying?

if so, flying solo is a common idiom for 'just me, traveling alone' etc.

As to the con.....folks need to remember that actors have unreliable working hours...and won't and often can't turn down a gig for the sake of a con.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Saw this on twitter when I woke up, don't know exactly what happened but this was the reply to SG1suzi

from @1harmoniouslife '@SG1suzi someone was trashing AT for missing Denver even though it was announced weeks ago. fandom stepped in and then we heart Amanda began'

for all we know he/she was just expressing her disappointment and it was taken the wrong way
                  from the way things go on twitter sometimes, i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't what you said.

~twitter reminds me of a school playground, where the unbalanced and the bullies do what they want b/c the grown-ups aren't supervising them.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what happened, I'm in Oz and was asleep and the we heart Amanda day was in full swing when I woke up, I realised I had missed something from Amanda's tweets so asked and as you saw that was the response I got. From what I can see someone was unhappy a,and a wasn't in Denver, it seems they had missed the announcement, as far as I know no one was mean to her they just pointed out it had been announced and unfortunately these things do happen as they are based around schedules and work commitments. I know it can be upsetting though when it is your con that is cancelled, as I was in that situation when Amanda had to cancel ozcc, but upset as I was I also fully understood.

As for the DM I think most people I know didn't jump to any silly conclusions about the mis-post. I presumed that it meant a trip without family, or an event etc. I presumed it was a DM or a text gone wrong and my comments were just oooops. Glad Amanda saw the funny side of our speedy responses
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

from the way things go on twitter sometimes, i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't what you said.

~twitter reminds me of a school playground, where the unbalanced and the bullies do what they want b/c the grown-ups aren't supervising them.
                      Thankfully from what I have seen on twitter the AT fandom on the whole is pretty awesome, there is the occasional spat but mainly everyone is very civil and supportive of each other. Compared to some other fandoms I have seen anyhow
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Makes me wonder what other people were speculating - and why - when that's the blindingly obvious logical answer anyone with an ounce of common sense can reason their way to.
                        What I mean is, what on earth were these odd people coming up with in their minds in those 3 seconds before she deleted it.
                        Actually, if you'd been on twitter at the time you'd see that the responding tweets were harmless fun.
                        I actually asked if she meant she was finally getting her pilots license...not that I expected her to actually be doing that but the tweets that followed were all light hearted.
                        There really wasn't anything wild about it. And her comment about it taking 3 seconds to delete wasn't exactly the amount of time it took...so please don't judge us as being some kind of maniac fans who jumped down her throat in less than 3 seconds to hassle her about her tweet....which when it was posted was quite random. We just continued the fun chatter we were having leading up to it.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                          I'm not sure what happened, I'm in Oz and was asleep and the we heart Amanda day was in full swing when I woke up, I realised I had missed something from Amanda's tweets so asked and as you saw that was the response I got. From what I can see someone was unhappy a,and a wasn't in Denver, it seems they had missed the announcement, as far as I know no one was mean to her they just pointed out it had been announced and unfortunately these things do happen as they are based around schedules and work commitments. I know it can be upsetting though when it is your con that is cancelled, as I was in that situation when Amanda had to cancel ozcc, but upset as I was I also fully understood.
                          As for the DM I think most people I know didn't jump to any silly conclusions about the mis-post. I presumed that it meant a trip without family, or an event etc. I presumed it was a DM or a text gone wrong and my comments were just oooops. Glad Amanda saw the funny side of our speedy responses
                          I was online at the time...I'm on bed rest for a few days so I'm kinda bored out of my brain...but nothing untoward had been said and I think Amanda found it funny at how quickly we caught on...but it certainly wasn't 3 seconds.
                          I'm actually finding it sad that the responses to her tweet have been totally taken out of context.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                            Thankfully from what I have seen on twitter the AT fandom on the whole is pretty awesome, there is the occasional spat but mainly everyone is very civil and supportive of each other. Compared to some other fandoms I have seen anyhow
                            Yep. And Amanda even asked that we send a little love to someone who had been targeted for saying "hurtful" comments about her not attending Denver.
                            Yesterdays twitter activities were fun and harmless and actually full of caring & loving comments from both Amanda and her fans. Such a shame that it's been blown out of proportion here.
                            And yes I'm taking it personally...I tweeted her but never did I once, up unitl now, feel that the twitter banter was anything but fun.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Yep. And Amanda even asked that we send a little love to someone who had been targeted for saying "hurtful" comments about her not attending Denver.
                              Yesterdays twitter activities were fun and harmless and actually full of caring & loving comments from both Amanda and her fans. Such a shame that it's been blown out of proportion here.
                              And yes I'm taking it personally...I tweeted her but never did I once, up unitl now, feel that the twitter banter was anything but fun.
                              the only thing i wonder about is what that girl actually said. did you actually read what she said?

ppl are just too sensitive...
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

the only thing i wonder about is what that girl actually said. did you actually read what she said? ppl are just too sensitive...
                                I don't know what he/she said...I tend to not read those kind of posts. Apparently it was all over Amanda not attending Denver con and things got a little heated but now that person is now longer on twitter which is kinda sad.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X