Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
    Hi neverendingimagination,

I'm going to AT7 too with several of my friends! I'm fairly new to this fandom too and I have to tell you it is the best thing that ever happened in my life! I never felt so at home in a place and loved and accepted for who I am.
    And I still think it's absolutely amazing how Amanda joins so many people from all over the world! I have never met her and AT7 will be my first time I see her in real life and get a feel of her beauty and generosity. I don't think I have ever come in contact with her person who's as kind, sweet, loving, caring and generous as her. No words will ever be good enough to describe how much I love her and I'm extremely grateful I will get the chance to thank her for everything she had done for me! I'm so looking forward to AT7

ps. It will be great to meet you there as well! And Welcome to the family
    Thank you both for the welcome I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time here with people who love Amanda/Sam/Jack/Stargate as much as I do. I joined the Gabit forums and couldn't believe how lovely everyone was. I've had, lets call them interesting, experiences with online communities before, I found myself in a world of closed cliques and unpleasant behaviour if you accidentally crossed them whilst innocently trying to show support for an actor and it put me off joining other communities for a while. I'm really glad I've joined Gateworld, everyone has been so nice and welcomed me in.

It will be great to meet you at AT7 too. I'm looking forward to my above friend being able to tell Amanda how much Stargate has done for her in communicating with her autistic brother, it'll be worth it all just for that
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here too, I'm the friend that introduced neverendimgimagination to Stargate, and she pointed me in the direction of this forum, everyone seems so lovely and I'm really excited to explore this wonderful community!
      I've watched Stargate basically from the beginning, with my dad, I loved Sam/Amanda from the beginning! She is a wonderful human being and can't wait to meet her - and thank her, through watching Stargate, and discussing the scientific 'speak' Sam would say, and the plots, helped me communicate with my autistic brother, who at that point was 7, being bullied by pupils and teachers alike because he was different. He basically shut down, so I have Amanda and indeed Stargate to thank for bringing him out of his shell and he was able to open up. He is now a incredibly empathic 16 year old, who is extremely excited I'm finally getting to meet my favourite actress! This Friday we're having a stargate marathon day at his request, which is super cool.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting everyone, and learning how to navigate these forums!
      Sweet lavender sky ~ pastels parading slowly ~ twilight slowly falls

Comment

Originally posted by murrinholi View Post
        Hi, I'm new here too, I'm the friend that introduced neverendimgimagination to Stargate, and she pointed me in the direction of this forum, everyone seems so lovely and I'm really excited to explore this wonderful community!
        I've watched Stargate basically from the beginning, with my dad, I loved Sam/Amanda from the beginning! She is a wonderful human being and can't wait to meet her - and thank her, through watching Stargate, and discussing the scientific 'speak' Sam would say, and the plots, helped me communicate with my autistic brother, who at that point was 7, being bullied by pupils and teachers alike because he was different. He basically shut down, so I have Amanda and indeed Stargate to thank for bringing him out of his shell and he was able to open up. He is now a incredibly empathic 16 year old, who is extremely excited I'm finally getting to meet my favourite actress! This Friday we're having a stargate marathon day at his request, which is super cool.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting everyone, and learning how to navigate these forums!
        *WAVES Hi!!!!

Welcome to the family! And as I said to your friend Neverendingimagination, I'm looking forward to meet you at AT7

And yes Amanda is a wonderful and amazing person! Lots of tears will be involved when I finally meet her
        sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          Hi, I saw those tweets earlier, they made me smile.

I'm new here, in fact I'm pretty new to Stargate. My friend was constantly telling me to watch this amazing that I'd love because it had references to Ancient Egypt (a love of mine) and a fabulous actress playing the female lead - I decide to watch it when I get the time. Couple of months later of her telling me about this 'Amanda Tapping' and hinting strongly at me to watch 'Stargate' I'm thinking, who? Do I really have time for watching a new series? I start seeing stuff about Amanda appearing in her tweets and she starts telling me about AT6 coming up and how much she wished she could go and that she'd love to go to the next one. Having decided she wasn't going to quit bugging me over it I thought I better watch this program quickly - several weeks of being glued to the screen later and I'd watched the whole TV series through. Several months later and we'd booked tickets for AT7 - what a turn around eh? I then watched Sanctuary start to finish too - I've now watched both to the point of practically knowing them off by heart.

I absolutely adore Sam, and then Magnus and think Amanda is amazing. The charity work she does and her passion for her industry and particularly women in the industry is inspiring. From seeing some clips of her at conventions she seems really nice and a bit goofy (in a good way) and I'm really looking forward to meeting her at AT7.
          welcome to everything!!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by murrinholi View Post

welcome to everything too!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

yay I can't wait! Look forward to meeting you too!

Yup tears a-plenty me thinks!

Comment

thanks eveyone

Comment

murrinholi and neverendingimagination, what are some of your favorite sam carter episodes and/or scenes?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

oh there are so many to choose from

Series 10 - Episode 11 - Sam punches Ba'al - absolutely brilliant
                    Grace
                    Trio (SGA) - Particularly that deleted scene
                    Paradise Lost - where she cries in the locker room
                    Solitudes -
                    Divide and Conquer
                    Beneath the Surface
                    Window of Opportunity
                    Urgo - the briefing room scene where Sam explains to Hammond about the E.M pulse thing and Jack touches her hand whilst telling her to get rid of Urgo
                    Series 8 - Episode 9 - Jack holds onto her shoulders a little too long and she looks at his hands

I could keep going and not stop there are so many
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Wow, I miss a day and we get 2 new members Welcome aboard, look around and if you have any questions just ask our cruise director majorsal Have fun and remember rule #1

Drinking while reading may be hazardous to your screen
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Wow, I miss a day and we get 2 new members Welcome aboard, look around and if you have any questions just ask our cruise director majorsal Have fun and remember rule #1

Drinking while reading may be hazardous to your screen
                        cruise director...

how did you know i work (secretly) for the love boat!?!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          cruise director...

how did you know i work (secretly) for the love boat!?!

Ooops, I forgot that was a secret
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I forgot, opening sequence to Foresaken, Sam trying not to laugh at Jack and him trying to make himself look less stupid.

Good job I wasn't drinking anything when I read rule number 1, it really would have been hazardous to my screen, I laughed out loud. And trust me when I say I need no help being hazardous, I manage that quite alright on my own. Clumsy doesn't nearly cut it.

Comment

Welcome to Samanda new peeps!
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Welcome to Samanda new peeps!
                                Oh look Gopher showed up
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment