No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, we clearly see her wearing dresses, skirts, makeup, earrings, heels etc during her downtime on occasion.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      No, we clearly see her wearing dresses, skirts, makeup, earrings, heels etc during her downtime on occasion.
      and that precludes her from being a tomboy?

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Why are you so obsessed by Sam Carter? You keep asking all these questions about her all over the forum.

To answer you: no, I don't think she's a tomboy. She is a decorated member of the military, who is also a scientist. Why would this make her a tomboy?
        I spend months asking literally tens of questions about novus about things as insignificant as how they make bread there, and nobody says anything. I ask three questions about the second biggest character in the franchise and people get pissed off.... I don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
          and that precludes her from being a tomboy?
          Considering the definition of the word tomboy:

tom·boy (tmboi)
          n.
          A girl considered boyish or masculine in behavior or manner.

tomboy [?t?m?b??]
          n
          a girl who acts or dresses in a boyish way, liking rough outdoor activities
          tomboyish adj
          tomboyishly adv
          tomboyishness n

Yes.
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Considering the definition of the word tomboy:

tom·boy (tmboi)
            n.
            A girl considered boyish or masculine in behavior or manner.

tomboy [?t?m?b??]
            n
            a girl who acts or dresses in a boyish way, liking rough outdoor activities
            tomboyish adj
            tomboyishly adv
            tomboyishness n

Yes.
            that's the secondary definition and it's proceeded by an "or"

Comment

that's the secondary definition and it's proceeded by an "or"
              I'm not sure what you're referring to; Sam Carter has displayed feminine behavior and manner(ism)s. She might also like outdoor activity but other than off-world missions and her one-time fishing trip we've never heard or seen her do any such things in her spare time. As a matter of fact, she prefers to stay indoors (in the SGC) to work on projects and tinker with her bike.
              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I spend months asking literally tens of questions about novus about things as insignificant as how they make bread there, and nobody says anything. I ask three questions about the second biggest character in the franchise and people get pissed off.... I don't get it
                People get pissed off with the other threads, they are just too busy banging their heads against the wall to say anything. That and saying what they want to say isnt worth the infraction it will earn them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  People get pissed off with the other threads, they are just too busy banging their heads against the wall to say anything. That and saying what they want to say isnt worth the infraction it will earn them.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd describer as somewhat tomboyish but she's mostly a woman all the way through.

Also to the above post; you do know there's a Sam Carter appreciation thread right?
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

Amanda with some Space Milkshake news

What awesome fun!! RT @RobinDunne: did @SpaceMilkshake ADR with Tippy Tapping today. So much fun! @amandatapping, #billyboyd, #kristinkreuk
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                        Amanda with some Space Milkshake news

What awesome fun!! RT @RobinDunne: did @SpaceMilkshake ADR with Tippy Tapping today. So much fun! @amandatapping, #billyboyd, #kristinkreuk
                        'tippy', as in slightly drunk?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

She can be a bit tomboyish, but no more so than any woman who chooses traditionally masculine fields such as science, engineering and the military. There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy either.
                          sigpic

Comment

All of which says nothing to someone who's never seen Sanctuary, although I'd like to.

She's smart, compassionate, dedicated, loving, determined, enthusiastic (not to say gushing at times) and a pretty good mother figure for Cassie.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering whether someone knows whether there is something happening to celebrate Amanda's birthday in 2 months?
                              sigpic
                              Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                if any body had ever told me to stop (politely or not) I would have, but they didn't so I didn't

Comment

Working...
                                X