Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Flare my nose and raise my left eyebrow too.
    Only the left? I can raise both my eyebrows...at the same time!
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    But can you lick your elbow?
    I wonder how many are gonna try to lick their elbow...IIRC, its not possible for people to lick their own elbows - other peoples elbows, however, is another story.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Only the left? I can raise both my eyebrows...at the same time!

I wonder how many are gonna try to lick their elbow...IIRC, its not possible for people to lick their own elbows - other peoples elbows, however, is another story.
      I can move both eyebrows independently and simultaneously as well as lick my own elbow
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

touch your elbow with your nose?

Yeah, I don't think it's possible for your average person.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What would I say to Amanda?

I'd like to say how much I appreciate her work as an actor and for charity.

Realistically, I'd probably say: "Uh, hi."

Comment

I can roll my tongue

Comment

Originally Posted by ames
              And on the topic of Amandaness....
              1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? I think in The X-Files, though I didn't pay much attention to her, especially since it was a Skinner centric episode.
              2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!) Smart and not afraid to show that!
              3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally? SAM CARTER
              4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in? As much as I'd like to see Amanda in some new roles, I'll sell one kidney to have Sam back in a SG1 movie!
              5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda? I was soo nervous before the photo session. I was talking to Julia and she introduced me to AT since I was a newbie. It was all kinda blurry but I think that I told her that at5 was my first con ever and she hugged me. Then she saw my WooHoo badge and told me: "ohhh these WooHoos are everywhere!"
              5b) For those of you still waiting for your chance - what do you think will be the first thing you say to Amanda?
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I can waggle both eyebrows up and down independently, flare my nose, touch my tongue to my nose, curl/loop my tongue, do the three leaf clover with my tongue, and wiggle my ears without moving anything else.

It took me several years to Master my face, but it was worth it. *pats self on back*

Now if only I could learn how to whistle through my fingers... those really loud ones!

And for the topic on hand:

1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? Stargate! Episode… Brief Candle, I think. Didn’t pay much attention to Sam though, as I focused in on the creepy old guy, said “This show is weird” and changed the channel.
                2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!) When I actually paid attention for the first time (to Solitudes) I immediately said “HOLD on… this woman is smart, kick-butt, determined, loyal, adorable, and has a thing with that other guy. I think I’ll watch this show again! (Little did I know what I was getting into )
                3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally? Aaah! I’m also on the fence between Sam and Helen. I think I’d get along better with Sam, and be able to have a really great time, but Helen is so… I don’t know. Helen’y! Can I just say both?
                4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in? DEFINITELY the lead bad guy. Super evil twisted one. We’ve seen so much of her playing the good/strong/noble/etc character. I want to see the TOTAL opposite. So either bad guy, or the actual damsel in distress super meek, quiet, shrink-away type character.
                5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda? Well I was lucky enough to meet her for the first time outside of a con… so all that amazing, intense concentration she has was focused right one me, and only me. Thus when she extended her hand to me and said “Hi, I’m Amanda!” I simply stared at it, open-mouthed, not knowing what to do as I had literally forgotten my name. Eventually I looked up, stared for a few seconds more, and stuttered it out, along with a breathy “Hi…” Conversation got better throughout the next while, but I was still a stuttering, gaping fool who often forgot how to speak. Oy.
                Last edited by MajorSam; 10 February 2012, 09:56 AM.
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                  Now if only I could learn how to whistle through my fingers... those really loud ones!
                  That I can do...with either the basic way using both index & middle fingers or by pinching the middle finger with the thumb & doing it that way...personally, I'd love to learn to whistle without the fingers. I mean I can whistle normally but the really loud whistle that you generate with your fingers, I have a friend who can do it without using her fingers....very loud!!!
                  4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in? DEFINITELY the lead bad guy. Super evil twisted one. We’ve seen so much of her playing the good/strong/noble/etc character. I want to see the TOTAL opposite. So either bad guy, or the actual damsel in distress super meek, quiet, shrink-away type character.
                  Me too...definitely!!
                  5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda? Well I was lucky enough to meet her for the first time outside of a con… so all that amazing, intense concentration she has was focused right one me, and only me. Thus when she extended her hand to me and said “Hi, I’m Amanda!” I simply stared at it, open-mouthed, not knowing what to do as I had literally forgotten my name. Eventually I looked up, stared for a few seconds more, and stuttered it out, along with a breathy “Hi…” Conversation got better throughout the next while, but I was still a stuttering, gaping fool who often forgot how to speak. Oy.
                  If possible, can you share more about how you met her outside of a con - sounds like a very interesting & fun story.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Notice the profile descriptions are weird again - who's Hal? I've got Hal's programmer...I know what the Millennium Falcon is...cool.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      And on the topic of Amandaness....
                      1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? (As in tv commercial/show/movie, not clothing-wise... )
                      2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!)
                      3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally?
                      4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in?
                      5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda?
                      5b) For those of you still waiting for your chance - what do you think will be the first thing you say to Amanda?

...yes, I will return and answer my own questions later, but sadly it's time for me to get ready for work now - I look forward to seeing what y'all respond! Later all! *waves*
                      I'm back! Thanks for the great answers everyone - they've been fun to read
                      As to mine...
                      1) The first thing I saw her in was actually her Timmie's commercial, selling the (then brand-new) banana-nut muffins. I didn't know it was her at the time, but later on I happened to see it again and totally recognised her - it was definitely her 1000-watt smile, I tell ya!
                      2) Honestly, I rolled my eyes and said something along the lines of "oh gawd no, not another token flaming feminist..." (To be fair, it was that dang reproductive organs line, which still makes me cringe to think about now!) Two of my very close friends were in love with the strength of her character though, which kept me open-minded, and I quickly grew to respect Sam Carter!
                      3) Like many of you, it's a toss-up between Sam and Helen ... but Helen has to win it out. I agree with Sky that Sam is more approachable and *real* whereas Helen has that movie character surreality feel to her, but there's just something about Helen that makes me think I'd click more with her as an actual person.
                      4) I would like to put Amanda in a smaller role, preferably something comedic ... so she could devote energy to a larger role as a producer
                      5a) The first time I met her I was in a bit of shock (thx to a quiet comment by TJ, Amanda called me over by name, which just blew my mind), so I think it was a bit gob-smacked "Hi..." I do remember after our photo having this potentially awkward moment where she put out her hand for a shake, and I just looked at it, then at her, then asked in a little voice (yes, I do have one of those as well, believe it or not) if I could possible have a hug... to which she responded 'of course!' and pulled me in for an awesome hug. I'm pretty sure I bounced the entire rest of the day

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                      4. another tough decision. I'd love to have her as the lead role in a full-blown action, kick-butt movie. But it would also be great to see her in a softer role (kind of like Teryl Rothery in "Mr Rice's Secret")
                      Excellent movie, although I kept waiting for Amanda to walk through the door every time Teryl and Garwin were together ... just seemed wrong to have "Janet" and "Narim" without "Sam" too!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      So can I.

Flare my nose and raise my left eyebrow too.
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      moves my face around, glances at Suse....ponders genetics

yes, but can you 'tube' your tongue?
                      Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      I can waggle both eyebrows up and down independently, flare my nose, touch my tongue to my nose, curl/loop my tongue, do the three leaf clover with my tongue, and wiggle my ears without moving anything else.

It took me several years to Master my face, but it was worth it. *pats self on back*

I too can quirk my left eyebrow, waggle both eyebrows, flare my nostrils, wiggle my nose, wiggle my ears, cross my eyes, and roll ('tube') my tongue. I can also cross multiple fingers on command as well as my right big toe and the one next to it. I can not, however, touch my nose or tongue to my elbow, nor my tongue to my nose. Oh yeah, can't do those finger whistles either. We are a varied and talented bunch, aren't we! LOL

Notice the profile descriptions are weird again - who's Hal? I've got Hal's programmer...I know what the Millennium Falcon is...cool.
                      I'm guessing that would be a reference to 2001, chelle!
                      *waits to see my new status*
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hal as in HAL 9000, the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey
                        -

Comment

A new pic of Amanda and Zak on set - http://randomactsofromance.com/day-1...tt-and-dianne/
                          -

Comment

I can roll my tongue! I also have a 90 degree hitch hikers thumb on each hand. I can bend my thumbs back to touch my wrist... forward or backward. Oh, and I can do other creep stuff with my fingers.

My twin sister can do all of it except bending her thumb to her wrist, so I figure that one isn't necessarily hereditary.

I wish I could do the eyebrow thing. Ever since Seven of Nine, I have practised. I even stand in the elevator at work trying to twitch my eyebrow in the mirrored walls.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Hal as in HAL 9000, the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey
                              Ok...well I don't know him so I'll just nod and smile.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

2001 A Space Odyssey, was an older movie, where the computer takes over a space station (I think)...it was a very long movie with Hal's monotone voice, I could never stay awake to watch the whole movie
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X