Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    And on the topic of Amandaness....
    1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? (As in tv commercial/show/movie, not clothing-wise... )
    2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!)
    3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally?
    4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in?
    5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda?
    5b) For those of you still waiting for your chance - what do you think will be the first thing you say to Amanda?

...yes, I will return and answer my own questions later, but sadly it's time for me to get ready for work now - I look forward to seeing what y'all respond! Later all! *waves*
    Nice questions!

1) Her X-Files episode, of course at that time I was far more interested in Scully doing the autopsy than her character's fate...
    2) Window of Opportunity and Heroes and were my first SG-1 episodes, and Sam left an impression on me because of the combination of her ease and confidence with the technobabble and the warmth she had with her relationships with the other characters.
    3) Helen Magnus because I think it'd be a blast to have tea and just listen to all the stories she could tell.
    4) I'd remake Frank Herbert's Dune and cast AT as the Lady Jessica.
    5b) I'd tell her how much I've enjoyed her work so far and thank her for the hours of entertainment.

sigpic

Comment

1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? (As in tv commercial/show/movie, not clothing-wise... )
      2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!)
      3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally?
      4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in?
      1. SG1 - after reading a certain fanfic that included Sam & Janet (neither of whom I'd heard of), I decided to check out these characters, so watched a couple eps on Syfy - then had to immediately track down all of the seasons on dvd as I was instantly hooked by Amanda.

2. Sam Carter was everything I loved in a female character - tough, smart, sexy, and just 'one of the guys'.

3. tough decision between Sam & Magnus. I think I'd have to go with Sam for this one - as long as it also meant knowing the people she works with at the SGC (Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, Hammond, etc). It would be kind of cool to know Helen, since it would mean seeing many different abnormals, as well as Druitt and Tesla. However, Helen seems a bit more reserved and has too many secrets. Sam at least was a bit more sociable...sort of.

4. another tough decision. I'd love to have her as the lead role in a full-blown action, kick-butt movie. But it would also be great to see her in a softer role (kind of like Teryl Rothery in "Mr Rice's Secret")
      sigpic

Comment

I see MGM is getting like, 500 mil, eh? Does anyone think the Stargate franchise will have another chance?

If the 3rd movie is made, MGM can finally stop getting spammed every singe day with tweets from certain people about the 3rd movie.

Comment

CotG Stargate SG-12) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!)
          Hey, it's that chick from the photo on my friend's wall. Ooooh, she's a physicist? Awesome.3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally?
          Helen. But knowing me it would be because she has locked me up.4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in?
          A comedy. She does it so well.
          5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda?
          "I'm jetlagged! Don't look at me like that!"
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

5b) For those of you still waiting for your chance - what do you think will be the first thing you say to Amanda?

...yes, I will return and answer my own questions later, but sadly it's time for me to get ready for work now - I look forward to seeing what y'all respond! Later all! *waves*
            Stargate. I really wasn't familiar with anything else. I'm sure I saw her on the x-files but she was just the 'chick in skinner's bed'

I liked Sam because she was approachable, a woman in a man's world and she was an equal not a girlfriend or damsel in distress

I'd like to know sam more than magnus. Magnus is just too 'out there'. Too sophisticated, too rich, too untouchable...I think that's why I have a hard time writing fic about her....she's not real. She's some incredibly rich and pretty immortal woman living in her own little world that has little to do with someone like me. Sam lived in my world. I could identify with her and still can. Magnus is some far off figure. She lives like the top 1% and I just can't connect with her or what she does and how she lives. I find her unapproachable and untouchable. I can't connect with someone that has her millions, doesn't have to deal with the hassles that the rest of us live with and just tosses down a few Benjamins to get what she needs. Magnus is a television character....Sam was person.

If I were to give her a role.....the *itch. Mean, cutting, manipulative...let her be the Regina (of once upon a time). Let her be a badguy and shed that 'angelic, perfect, too good to be real' personna that she's got lately (before you start getting ticked, I'm not dissing amanda, I'm just saying she's been a good guy for a long time, let her sink her teeth into being bad for once)...or.....a serial killer on Dexter. Give her something she can really stretch herself with. IMHO, playing 'good' is easy. A believable psychopath however....that would be something to see.

I honestly don't remember what I said, probably hi. When I've met her I've never been in a situation to get comfortable and 'normal'. It's always a chaperoned con situation where you're on your best behavior...and you also know that if you say the wrong thing it won't be good....and I have never been and likely never will be in any sort of 'one to one just normal people' situation.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

@zaksantiago “@djFlipout: Director Katrin Bowen @bowenarrow & stars @amandatapping @zaksantiago on set of Random Acts Of Romance http://instagr.am/p/Gze2-YhfBI/”

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                my niece can touch her nose with her tongue.
                So can I.

Flare my nose and raise my left eyebrow too.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

moves my face around, glances at Suse....ponders genetics

yes, but can you 'tube' your tongue?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                    here are my answers to the questions

1) SG1
                    2) it's hard to remember but i know i liked her for being very intelligent but she isnt arrogant about it.
                    3) tough choice but i would rather meet sam.
                    4) sam because it would mean getting another stargate movie (it has to be sg1 though).
                    5b) well after i said hello i would ask who did she enjoy working with the most on SG1.
                    And who was her answer?

Comment

1. X-Files. She does good dead
                      2. A very intelligent capable woman. And her enthusiasm was infectious.
                      3. That's a tough one. I love Sam and Helen.
                      4. The lead of course.
                      5a. Not a clue. It was all a blur. I gave her a stuffed gazelle. It was the same year I gave Chris his Chia Teal'c.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                        Amanda will be a guest on Leftcoast TV's Get Cooking with the Stars. No details yet when her episode will be online.
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leftco...12915948728361
                        http://www.leftcoasttv.com/
                        Cool! I'd love to see her create in the kitchen.
                        Stargate.
                        I didn't really have one as I was more interested in Teal'c...yeah, he kinda drew me into the show. But once I really noticed her I thought she was smart & pretty but the token female...that's my honest opinion of when I first noticed her. :O
                        Sam Carter...she seems more relaxed & approachable - especially in the later years - so I'd love to learn from her & talk about space & our guys & cars!
                        Well if I were able to re make the movie Aliens, I'd give her the role of Ripley...that's off the top of my head but otherwise any movie role that Amanda would love to sink her teeth into would be fun to make. She just has to be the leading lady tho.
                        Hi! Very succinct but that was the first word...then there was some chit...& chat about stuff.
                        Great questions Ames!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          4) I know its weird but Amanda has always played strong characters, I'll like to see her play someone less strong
                          Julia(samcarterrules)
                          I don't think it's weird...I feel the same way. I always thought I'd get flamed for thinking it though...I think that's why I keep shaking my head when Magnus seems to always walk away from near death experiences without so much as a blink.
                          I think it would be interesting to watch Amanda play a character who isn't strong - someone who battles emotions rather than enemies.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Cool! I'd love to see her create in the kitchen.
                            I've always wanted to see her cook. It would be cute if they brought on Robin so they could have a cook off.

@SpaceGypsies: Stars Take to the Catwalk in Red http://spacegypsies.com/archives/6027

Comment

Originally Posted by ames
                              1) What is the first thing you remember seeing Amanda in? (As in tv commercial/show/movie, not clothing-wise... ) SG1
                              2) What was your first impression of Sam Carter? (Be honest - it's more fun that way!!!) INTELLIGENT!
                              3) Which of Amanda's characters would you most like to say that you knew personally? SAM CARTER
                              4) If you were in charge of a movie, and Amanda agreed to be part of the project, what role would you put her in? LEADING ROLE
                              5a) For those of us lucky enough to have met her in person - what was the first thing you said to Amanda? I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD MEET YOU AND HER REPLY WAS "I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD MEET YOU." THEN SHE SMILED AT ME WITH THOSE PRETTY DOE EYES OF HERS'. YEP, I REMEMBER THIS MEETING VERY WELL.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                So can I.

Flare my nose and raise my left eyebrow too.
                                But can you lick your elbow?
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X