Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Glaswegian isn't that strong, it's just a west coast accent that's a wee bit different than the accents on the east coast of Scotland. I am originally from Dundee, which is in east central Scotland, and it has a very strong accent.

As you go further north, you will find strong accents in Aberdeenshire, but I think you'll find that you'll have most fun with the accents of Orkney and the Shetland Isles.
    Dundee? I thought that was in Australia? Do you at least have crocodiles there?

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      OT RAGE:
      Spoiler:
      My stepmom passed yesterday. I need to be there for Dad and work on getting the details finished for the Homegoing service. I'm not the point person, but I *do* have stuff to do.
      I gotta ask. When you call your supervisor to notify her that you need some time off because there is a death in the family, should she not know how long you can take fo bereavement leave? Or at least offer to find out and call you back? "You will find out when you bring in the program/death announcement." SERIOUSLY??? Then she ends the call with "Have a nice day." Sure, I'm willing to be understanding that it was habit (or not, because I'm still pissed about it) but not after the supreme lack of proactiveness on her part. I also forgot to call in as I left yesterday and she said there was nothing to be done about that either. (Work assigns points for not coming in/calling out when you leave off schedule. Methinks I will be talking to *her* boss after I'm not in a rage.
      (((suse)))
      Spoiler:
      I'm so sorry for your loss Suse...for you & your family.
      Here in Aus, we get 3 days paid leave but only for immediate family...I'm not sure if that applies to step parents or siblings as I know it doesn't apply to aunts/uncles/cousins/nieces/nephews.
      My boss was very understanding when my dad died. She never asked for proof of any kind. Mind you, I had just told her about my dad's situation just weeks prior to his death. And when I left early to rush to his hospital bed, I wasn't penalised/docked. I was very fortunate to have some very understanding co workers on duty at that time. Only hiccup was when my hubby forgot to call my work the next morning to tell them I wasn't going to be in...I had stayed with dad all through the previous night. So my supervisor had called my mobile. Thankfully my brother took the call & my supervisor was very understanding & sent her regards to the family.
      I'm sorry you have an ass for a supervisor. I would certainly be discussing this with the big boss. I don't think anyone should have to deal with that kind of behaviour when grieving.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      (((Suse and her Dad))) Kicks insensitive supervisor!
      Mumsey
      *Holds down **** of a supervisor while Mumsey gives a few good kicks*
      When you're done Mumsey, move over so the rest of us can have a go.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Suse

Spoiler:
        I'm really sorry for your loss
        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

@Dennydenn Dennys Ilic a midnight pressy 2 all the beautiful AT fans out there. off 2 sleep now. let these eyes be the last thing u see x http://on.fb.me/vFOEMJ

And from Amanda's time in New Zealand. Amanda Tapping VIP 2011 Part 1

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            OT RAGE:
            Spoiler:

My stepmom passed yesterday. I need to be there for Dad and work on getting the details finished for the Homegoing service. I'm not the point person, but I *do* have stuff to do.

I gotta ask. When you call your supervisor to notify her that you need some time off because there is a death in the family, should she not know how long you can take fo bereavement leave? Or at least offer to find out and call you back? "You will find out when you bring in the program/death announcement." SERIOUSLY??? Then she ends the call with "Have a nice day." Sure, I'm willing to be understanding that it was habit (or not, because I'm still pissed about it) but not after the supreme lack of proactiveness on her part. I also forgot to call in as I left yesterday and she said there was nothing to be done about that either. (Work assigns points for not coming in/calling out when you leave off schedule. Methinks I will be talking to *her* boss after I'm not in a rage.
            Suse,

So sorry to hear the news. Sending big hugs your way. I agree the supervisor was insensitive.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thanks for the support. I talked to her boss and found out the timeframe. Eh, so I take an extra 1/2 day. Work won't collapse.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Less than a week until the best holiday party around . . .

Shipmas!!!

Spoiler:

Coming this Saturday!
                Don't miss it!

Comment

Part one of Amanda Tappings Gold/Silver pass panel at Armageddon Expo. Auckland 2011.

sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh man, it never fails to amaze me how adorable and funny she is. Loved it all, but especially the bit where she was talking about her accent. haha.
                    sigpic
                    "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
                    My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by mamageek View Post
                      Oh man, it never fails to amaze me how adorable and funny she is. Loved it all, but especially the bit where she was talking about her accent. haha.
                      Plausible explanation why she sometimes drops the British accent

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        Plausible explanation why she sometimes drops the British accent
                        I'm really not great with accents, but I remember very specific moments - such as in Out of the Blue, when you see Will and Helen interact for the first time as neighbors. She is talking, he sees the creature in her living room and pushes past her to get a better look. Helen says, "Oy!" as she follows him in and yells at him for bursting into her house. I'm fairly certain that was not an expression used by a woman of Helen's status back in Victorian London.

Regardless, I like how Helen talks.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

@Dennydenn Amanda wearing my sunglasses at night lol! Exhibition Street Melbourne #sunglassesatnight http://t.co/u6bjpD43

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            @Dennydenn Dennys Ilic a midnight pressy 2 all the beautiful AT fans out there. off 2 sleep now. let these eyes be the last thing u see x http://on.fb.me/vFOEMJ
                            And from Amanda's time in New Zealand. Amanda Tapping VIP 2011 Part 1
                            Thank you!!! I love how when she mentioned she was married 22 years then corrected herself about it. I recall at the dinner the same thing popped up...we talked about our respective hubby's and so forth and she had said she was married for 20 years but I kinda said that I thought it was 17 years as I was married the year before her...and we talked about how we knew our spouses for around the same time plus other stuff that was eerily familiar...very weird how similar our stories were...anway, when she mentioned that in the video, I had to giggle when she corrected herself. Just sayin...brings back lovely fun memories from the dinner.

I finally got my Dancing Trees dvd today!!
                            Have yet to start writing my Christmas cards so my sincerest apologies to those who may...and most likely will, recieve them late. Unfortunately it's just been one of those months where I can't get anything done & any spare time I've had, I've not used wisely enough. Sorry. I'll work on them tomorrow & Friday as I have an extremely busy weekend ahead with work & functions & shopping & advent...somebody slap me!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

hey, don't feel bad, I finally got mine in the mail yesterday
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                hey, don't feel bad, I finally got mine in the mail yesterday
                                <<pats on head>>

Good girl!!

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X