Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
    I'd take combat boots over heels any day!
    I *do* wear combat boots! They're amazing. And when they have steel-toe reinforcing, you can pack a lot of oomph into them, if you know what I mean! They're multi-purpose! Comfy and BA! Gotta love 'em.

When I go "other than CBs" I usually end up with sandals. No heels. Break an ankle on them darn things, I tell you what!

Comment

I love my CBs and I have 6 pairs of them

Comment

Hit and run posting. Have to be at the airport soon.

From this week's #TappingTuseday

Thanks for the #TappingTuesday questions everyone!!

Q1: Eliska Kratochvilova - Hi! Here is my question: What will you be doing on Friday evening?? Are you so excited as well??

A1: I'll be in NY with @RobinDunne. Watching! / #TappingTuesday

Q2: Kathleen Booth- Hi Amanda, in the musical episode (which I am super excited for) did everyone do their own singing or is it voiced-over?

A2: We all did our own singing! Hope you enjoy it. / #TappingTuesday

Q3: Jason Bales - I played a slot machine with your face on it last week, but I didn't win any money. It's cool, we're still friends. ;D

A3: I've only met one person who won playing that machine! I'm glad we're still friends! / #TappingTuesday

Q4: @Amorfati_8 - will we ever see Magnus celebrating her birthday-what kind of party would she have?!

A4: Sadly no. It would be nice to have cake. And a moulin rouge party. / #TappingTuesday

Q5: @KJanewayVoyager - what was it like filmin the first episode all in the 1800s

A5: Amazing! I love the look of this episode. And the costumes. / #TappingTuesday

Q6: @JennScheffler -You might not be able to tell us the name but any clues who will be pictured w Magnus in the desk picture this season?

A6: Martin Luther King Jr. Yippee! / #TappingTuesday

Q7: @Kidlet3 - dressing up as Magnus to take my niece trick-or-treating. Any can't-do-without items I should worry about?

A7: Stilettos! And a gun bum. Heehee. #TappingTuesday

Enjoy season four!! We are so proud of it. Much love. Xo

7 hours ago
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          I *do* wear combat boots! They're amazing. And when they have steel-toe reinforcing, you can pack a lot of oomph into them, if you know what I mean! They're multi-purpose! Comfy and BA! Gotta love 'em.

When I go "other than CBs" I usually end up with sandals. No heels. Break an ankle on them darn things, I tell you what!
          Years ago I had a pair of the Magnum boots they used on SG1 and they were fantastically comfortable! Unfortunately they disintegrated due to overuse! I tend to live in trainers, walking shoes, walking sandals or walking boots for the most part. However I am moving towards the minimalist shoes like Nike Frees at the moment and I'd kill for a pair of Vibram Five Fingers!

If I wear heels. they are very low ones because I can't walk in any others (plus I have an old ankle injury that occasionally leads to me going over on it and heels just encourage it to go).
          The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

I used to dance en pointe, now I can't handle shoes that rub or pinch even a little bit. I got some boots in London in Feb that I worn nearly every day since- they are so comfortable. I need to find something as good for summer now, because I work in a lab and can't wear jandals. Crocs? (Heh, totally kidding I can't stand those things)

ETA: I thought I had found the perfect summer shoes that I could wear at work, but as I was typing this post I realised it was just a very realistic dream that I hadn't quite realised wasn't really yet. Sigh.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I have found that Easy Spirit brand makes the most comfortable shoes imaginable, but they can often be hard to find. Every time I find a pair in my size I wear them to pieces.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Amanda Tapping shops for shoes with Fiona Forbes on Urban Rush
                I don't know if this has already been posted here but I just stumbled across this video...very cute & funny.
                that was fun.
                Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                I have found that Easy Spirit brand makes the most comfortable shoes imaginable, but they can often be hard to find. Every time I find a pair in my size I wear them to pieces.
                Yeah, I'm a comfort shoes kinda gal.

I'm getting psyched for the new season of Sanctuary. Magnus! Magnus!

Comment

Next comes the HAIR discussion

Run Jan Run

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

My favorite sneaker is the asics kayano. The duo max gel sole is the best for my feet

Comment

I was quite surprised that the season is already starting again - shows how in the loop I am!

So, about D*C, I actually stayed away from here for a while because I didn't want to talk about it. I went in with expectations of getting to hear Amanda talk about important things (like S4K and such - I don't know why I thought this, con newbie, obviously) and it just, wasn't. So a sore spot for me. I absolutely love her, but I realize now that I can't do the celebrity panels at those things. I can talk about Stargate and Sanctuary on here all day, but when I see Amanda, I want to hear about Amanda things. She's such a force for good, and at those things all people want to talk about is TV shows! Can you tell I was disappointed? I will hush about that now.

Anyway, it is wonderful to come back and see you all having a great time. Thanks to folks who posted links, I don't feel so far behind now. I loved the video of AT on BT Vancouver. She took the time to understand Hunter's syndrome (and says some big words that would make Doc Fraiser proud) and very clearly cares about the cause. That is why, even if she ever plays a villain, she will always be my hero! We need a whole camp of celebrities with her kind of compassion and drive.
                      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Did someone mention hair!? Hehe... mine is finally long enough to plait again (with the help of hair clips )

Sorry, in American that would be: mine is finally long enough to braid again (with the help of bobby pins).
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

neep, didn't know you were bilingual.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            neep, didn't know you were bilingual.
                            Totally. The jandals I mentioned above? Flip flops.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Totally. The jandals I mentioned above? Flip flops.
                              Oy! Thongs

<added>

...does that make me tri lingual???
                              -

Comment

Wow! thongs. I haven't heard flip-flops called that since I was a kid a very long time ago. Of course, come to think of it, that was probably when they first came out

Comment

Working...
                                X