Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think just a few minutes. probably when the director yelled 'cut' and she didn't break her pose and get up that Jay likely checked her and noticed.

i'd imagine it was quite the kerfluffle....but also, in its own way, humiliating for AT. Bear with me, here you are, your first big show and you just barely got signed to a 2 year contract - probably her first ever - and you give yourself a concussion and they have to rearrange filming so you can go off and get checked out (with unconsciousness i would imagine that going to the ER and getting checked out was mandatory. if she was in anymore scenes that day, they had to shuffle because she wouldn't be there)
    Not to mention the fact that is is extremely disturbing to suddenly find yourself on the floor and not know how you got there.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    And poor old Jay (who has never been allowed to forget by the fans at conventions.) It was him who raised the alarm as soon as the shot was completed. He was horrified but Amanda forgave him immediately. She felt as badly for him.

Mumsey
    And he's such a sweet guy.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I have never been to a con where he was a guest but I can imagine that he gets asked about it all the time. Poor guy.
    Only seen him once, but yes he was asked. And you can tell he still feels bad, though it certainly wasn't his fault.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

did that whole 'how did i get here' thing once when i passed out. I'd given blood that morning and apparently standing over a hot turkey, deboning it, doesn't go well with low blood sugar. At least i was standing in a corner of the cabinets so i just kinda slid down

it was quite disconcerting
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My shortest brother lived in a 100 year old house with really low doorways for a while. Once we were visiting with my tallest brother and in a couple of days he knocked himself out cold 3 times, bounding between the living room and kitchen. It was always impressive, because he wouldn't just crumple down, he would fly backwards and sprawl right across the tiny living room.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i think just a few minutes. probably when the director yelled 'cut' and she didn't break her pose and get up that Jay likely checked her and noticed.
          i'd imagine it was quite the kerfluffle....but also, in its own way, humiliating for AT. Bear with me, here you are, your first big show and you just barely got signed to a 2 year contract - probably her first ever - and you give yourself a concussion and they have to rearrange filming so you can go off and get checked out (with unconsciousness i would imagine that going to the ER and getting checked out was mandatory. if she was in anymore scenes that day, they had to shuffle because she wouldn't be there)
          Poor Jay & Amanda. I don't think I can ever watch that scene without knowing what it lead to. Ouch.
          And poor old Jay (who has never been allowed to forget by the fans at conventions.) It was him who raised the alarm as soon as the shot was completed. He was horrified but Amanda forgave him immediately. She felt as badly for him.
          Mumsey
          Don't let Jay hear you call him "old" Mumsey.
          I'm surprised they kept the footage in...I am of course assuming that the footage we see is the original one where she was actually knocked out.
          I wonder who copped the worst injury on set? Not including stunt peoples!
          Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Not to mention the fact that is is extremely disturbing to suddenly find yourself on the floor and not know how you got there.
          It's bad enough watching someone fall to the floor. I watched daughter pass out, hit the floor and have a seizure as a result.
          She wasn't confused as to where she was or how she got there...she knew she was gonna pass out but didn't know she actually had until she woke up.
          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          My shortest brother lived in a 100 year old house with really low doorways for a while. Once we were visiting with my tallest brother and in a couple of days he knocked himself out cold 3 times, bounding between the living room and kitchen. It was always impressive, because he wouldn't just crumple down, he would fly backwards and sprawl right across the tiny living room.
          Ouch.
          Mum was just telling us a story today of how dad once ran into a wall & knocked himself out after she had rearranged the bedroom furniture...he forgot when the alarm went off and ran into the wall instead of out the door.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mumsey
            Do I remember reading that AT took some of the blame b/c she had sort of flung herself in addition to Jay A. pushing her? She's definitely learned how to take a fall and protect herself since.

RE: Sam not going hand to hand with Kawalksy/Goa'uld-- he's caught her by surprise and the goa'uld is way stronger than an average human. I know when I first saw it I was just glad that she struggled and didn't go all screamy and helpless. She tries to reason with him "they'll never let you out of the mountain," and then tries the emergency stop which was good.

Nice Sam & Daniel moments. I also really like the briefing with Kennedy. Very teamy. Great reactions from all. "have you considered it?" Yes, we've considered it" and then Hammond: "Just what kind of an officer are you?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Poor Jay & Amanda. I don't think I can ever watch that scene without knowing what it lead to. Ouch.
              I wonder who copped the worst injury on set? Not including stunt peoples!
              That sounds like an excellent question for AT6, Chelle!
              I remember someone asking about her injuries on set ... something about hitting herself with the gun during one scene because they had practised without the props, and it was slightly out of proportion when they went to do the actual stunt ... and the infamous 'head injuries' stories ... but it would be interesting to hear her take on the entire team(s)!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Do I remember reading that AT took some of the blame b/c she had sort of flung herself in addition to Jay A. pushing her? She's definitely learned how to take a fall and protect herself since.

RE: Sam not going hand to hand with Kawalksy/Goa'uld-- he's caught her by surprise and the goa'uld is way stronger than an average human. I know when I first saw it I was just glad that she struggled and didn't go all screamy and helpless. She tries to reason with him "they'll never let you out of the mountain," and then tries the emergency stop which was good.

Nice Sam & Daniel moments. I also really like the briefing with Kennedy. Very teamy. Great reactions from all. "have you considered it?" Yes, we've considered it" and then Hammond: "Just what kind of an officer are you?!"
                I think I have read/heard that too. As for her learning to take a fall and protect herself....sort of....she mentioned at AT5 that she wrenched her neck during Breach.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

She threw herself backwards as Jay did, so she hit the wall with too much force. She's always said it was just as much her fault as his because they'd rehearsed it with him just tossing her, then she added her own momentum to it.

I know there was a burn on some pyrotechnics, a wrenched ankle, tons of bruises
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's funny, really, because I was always like "Yeah right, like that would knock you out" when watching that scene before I learned this. Maybe that's what AT was thinking too and why she added her own momentum to it, to make it look (and be, apparently ) more realistic?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      It's funny, really, because I was always like "Yeah right, like that would knock you out" when watching that scene before I learned this. Maybe that's what AT was thinking too and why she added her own momentum to it, to make it look (and be, apparently ) more realistic?
                      If you hit a surface with your head at the right angle with the right amount of force, it's not that hard to knock yourself out! I've seen it happen in martial arts classes several times and given myself a few headaches not falling correctly!
                      The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Well, obviously that would happen with the right angle and the right amount of force
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well, obviously that would happen with the right angle and the right amount of force

Seems Amanda got both right in this case! Poor Amanda, I hate to imagine the headache she must have had after that!
                          The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

did that whole 'how did i get here' thing once when i passed out. I'd given blood that morning and apparently standing over a hot turkey, deboning it, doesn't go well with low blood sugar. At least i was standing in a corner of the cabinets so i just kinda slid down

That's how I went down. I donate blood a few times a year, but that one time my sugar plunged and so did I.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Funny and worrisome. Had to be a sight to see.

The woman is nothing if not dedicated.

It's all in HOW you fall.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

One also shouldn't go on roller coasters the day after giving blood.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

have not been here in such a long time but the rewatch has made me wanna reconnect with my fellow Amanda/Samantha fans! I had forgotten how lame the writers were with Sam at the beginning of the series but at least I know that her character gets wicked as the series goes on Not that she wasn't always awesome...just better!
                                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X