Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
    Wait a minute, i thought it was suppose to be a morse code thingy on my cell phone )) I'm a half luddite
    I've got lunch and a horse waiting for the next Pony Express rider

Actually, we still use a "modern" version of Pony Express at my work (using cars instead of ponies). Nothing is faster getting things to a central location fast. Great concept !

Comment

http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuary/v1342747The Sanctuary panel is now up on the Syfy website.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        For a luddite, Amanda did well with posting pics on twitter...I have still yet to master that...from my phone that is.
        i don't think amanda's a luddite anymore.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          There's a segment from ET Canada on the MyOuterSpace website with Amanda and William Shatner recording The Zenoids
          Nice find, thanks! I hope we get to see some footage from this soon, it looks like they had a lot of fun making it.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Her iphone has a bluetooth connection, so she doesn't need to take it out of her bag to make calls from her car. She said she can answer and hang up with buttons on her steering wheel.

Did she say this in an interview? At AT4? Or maybe I dreamt it. But I'm sure her phone talks to her car from her bag
          Heh, my dad's car has the same feature. You can also play iphone music through the car speakers, it's very cool.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          LOL, I think it's more that she's surrounded herself with people who are more tech-savvy. My mom's kinda the same way, she's got a family of technogeeks that've somewhat dragged her into the 21st century.

sigpic

Comment

Quick update on No. 1 Son - he went to work today and seems to be okay now. He has the emergency number for ENT just in case, but fingers crossed he may not need it.

Nighty night,

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Amanda called herself that at CC.

Comment

Neither do I...I mean she's an exec producer, director and knows how to drive an Audi! One reason we didn't get the Audi...apart from the price tag, was it was like riding in a cockput with all the gadgets and bells & whistles...I need life to be simpler.
                Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                LOL, I think it's more that she's surrounded herself with people who are more tech-savvy. My mom's kinda the same way, she's got a family of technogeeks that've somewhat dragged her into the 21st century.
                I think I agree with you...I know some stuff about...well stuff...but sometimes when I don't know it, I feel kinda outdated...luddite-ish. Just the other night I pulled the electronic labeller apart and repaired it...haven't got a clue what I did to make it work but I pulled that baby apart and had screws everywhere...I just tinkered and played around and put it back together and presto, she worked! Did that with my puter too when she had a major malfunction. Our computer whiz kid was on the phone telling me what to do but I ended up a few steps ahead of him and had it fixed before he could tell me what exactly to do...he asked me how I did it and I just said I pulled a Sam Carter...I just did it.
                Actually I think we'd all be surprised at how un luddite-sish we are.
                Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Quick update on No. 1 Son - he went to work today and seems to be okay now. He has the emergency number for ENT just in case, but fingers crossed he may not need it.
                Nighty night,
                Mumsey
                Awesome...great to hear. Take care Musmey...you & No1 son! xo
                Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Amanda called herself that at CC.
                Me thinks Amanda underestimates herself...but then again, don't a lot of us?
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It always amazes me, with distracted driving being such an issue and a major contributor to crashes, they keep making cars with so much stuff in them.

I've even noticed, when i've used a friend's GPS, i pay so much attention to the little screen, or depending on it to tell me what to do, that I don't even really pay attention to where I am. While, when i drive with my 'GPS' (read map) I have a good idea where I am and pay more attention to my surroundings.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Nighty night,

Mumsey
                    Godd to hear.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    It always amazes me, with distracted driving being such an issue and a major contributor to crashes, they keep making cars with so much stuff in them.

I've even noticed, when i've used a friend's GPS, i pay so much attention to the little screen, or depending on it to tell me what to do, that I don't even really pay attention to where I am. While, when i drive with my 'GPS' (read map) I have a good idea where I am and pay more attention to my surroundings.
                    I used to work summers at a tourist information centre. I love maps!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I used to work summers at a tourist information centre. I love maps!
                      I love maps too !

If I had all the money in the world, I would buy maps. One of the coolest things I've ever seen and touched in my life was an original map book from the early 1600s. It was owned by the second oldest family in the Netherlands and their ancestors had used the maps to explore the world and establish trade. At the time, it was considered a state secret and highly prized by enemies and competing countries. It was so neat to see their knowledge of the world at the time and to touch something so old. That was still when most people thought the earth was flat !

I'm a luddite, but I at least know the earth is round

Comment

http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuary/v1342747The Sanctuary panel is now up on the Syfy website.
                        That's it, you've posted a link....your luddite status has now been revoked!!!
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          I love maps too !

If I had all the money in the world, I would buy maps. One of the coolest things I've ever seen and touched in my life was an original map book from the early 1600s. It was owned by the second oldest family in the Netherlands and their ancestors had used the maps to explore the world and establish trade. At the time, it was considered a state secret and highly prized by enemies and competing countries. It was so neat to see their knowledge of the world at the time and to touch something so old. That was still when most people thought the earth was flat !

I'm a luddite, but I at least know the earth is round
                          Very cool. I love old maps! I used to collect old road maps in my tourist info days.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          That's it, you've posted a link....your luddite status has now been revoked!!!
                          But.. but..still no cellphone, no home computer, no GPS..can't I stay? Huh? Can't I?

Comment

But.. but..still no cellphone, no home computer, no GPS..can't I stay? Huh? Can't I?
                            It all depends on your answer to this one question...

Spoiler:
                            Do you still have a VCR?
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i have a cell phone
                              2 laptops (one regular one netbook)
                              ipod touch
                              2 other mp3 players
                              tv
                              2 dvrs
                              2 vcrs